• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of "Angel After the Fall #10" - Released 07/02/08 (IDW)

andrewcutter

Buffy/Angel fan for life
well i have to say there are some good and some bad with this issue.

lets start with the bad, half the time i didnt know who was talking. the dialog bubbles were never pointing to who was really talking.

also there was less action than i would like after seeing the cover

However the good makes up for it. the art was good. did not look cartoony like the first few issues. the story was really nice. and it was a good set up issue for later issues.................. plus gunns a really bad ass in this.

on a whole i liked this comic.... wasent as good at # 9 but it was still worth it.

As always i will have a video review of this up later tonight, the link is below.

thegifting

I think in 3D
I was expecting more action sequences, but this was a huge plot pusher and answered a lot of the first questions everyone had when ATF started.

A+

Superstar

33.3bar% Pure Evil
Don't know if this is supposed to be spoiler free, but I found the revelation regarding LA interesting - even if it did include more Spike: Asylum characters being inserted.

The revelation DOES hold some interesting theories regarding the Fang Gang in hell though.
I'm curious as to if this is how IDW is solving their previous releases fitting into After the Fall storyline without being contradictory.

A

Allycat

Great issue, probably better than Buffy #16, even though I loved that one.

The story of After the Fall just intrigues you every single page and every frame. I agree about the speech bubbles though, but if you read it twice, the voices are distinct enough to know who they are.

Exitmat

Townie
I loved the story. But the grammar drove me nuts. A couple really big grammar mistakes, as well as quite a few little ones. Really annoyed me. These things should not be happening--especially with a little 22 page comic where the only writing is in the speech and thought bubbles. Pretty ridiculous.

Anyhow, like I said, I love the story and can't wait until August 27th to pick up issue 11 (and Spike: AtF on 7/16). Runge's artwork was MUCH better than last issue's, although the characters still look pretty inconsistent from panel to panel. Overall a big improvement over last issue--both with art and story. I'm glad to see they're going to be exploring Angel's recent humanity more.

Superstar

33.3bar% Pure Evil
Yeah, couple of things.
Angel says "Sanshu"?? in a dream. (He doesn't know how to pronounce it?)
Spike says "if whatever H&R has planned involves hurting what's left of Fred" (who is H&R? is that supposed to be W&H?)
Gunn says "restraints really take it out of you, I hear you." (WTF? He heard what? George wasn't speaking then. Was that even a sensible sentence?)

Other than minor quibbles like that I didn't have any problems figuring out who is saying what.

andrewcutter

Buffy/Angel fan for life
Yeah, couple of things.
Angel says "Sanshu"?? in a dream. (He doesn't know how to pronounce it?)
Spike says "if whatever H&R has planned involves hurting what's left of Fred" (who is H&R? is that supposed to be W&H?)
Gunn says "restraints really take it out of you, I hear you." (WTF? He heard what? George wasn't speaking then. Was that even a sensible sentence?)

Other than minor quibbles like that I didn't have any problems figuring out who is saying what.
i asume he is pronouncing it the same as in the show

W&H mans woflram & hart

a for gunn, idk possibly one of the many mistakes that or george was using telepathy.

Superstar

33.3bar% Pure Evil
You say you have the issue in question but you are seemingly just guessing/pulling things out of thin air.
You're either making no sense due to early celebration of the 4th or you haven't read what I wrote with any coherency. Or both.

I'll go slower. Stop me if I speed.

Sanshu vs Shanshu.
Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanshu vs Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhanshu.

It was written twice, so it's not just a simple screw-up other than bad copy from the script.

W&H means Wolfram & Hart. Brilliant. Yes, I know that.
I asked WTF H&R was not W&H.

I said George wasn't speaking. George talks telepathically. Try looking at the panel before you answer.
I haven't checked any of your reviews, but your reply doesn't bode well.

"Possibly one of the mistakes that..." what? You cut off your sentence mid-stride and changed to a different topic as answer.

Normally I'm a fairly even-minded guy and far more than tolerant but your response was just a gibberish reply not even worthy of posting.

Superstar

33.3bar% Pure Evil
I was offended at everyone's dismissal of Angel because of his humanity. Connor especially.
To a certain extent I can understand it.
Everyone (through Lorne) came to assist Angel in his battle against all odds.
Then they learn that putting their lives on the line wasn't assisting a vampire who was in over his head (as usual) but rescuing a human who was lying to them and didn't trust them with the truth. A human who apparently was hell-bent on suicide.

percepto girl

How? What? How?
What Superstar said. I assume that they all feel pretty betrayed. Also, it could be setup for when Angel gets revamped (and I'm pretty sure that's coming soon), to make that whole ordeal seem less painful/more acceptable. Although..''less painful'' is a very un-Whedon concept so I might be wrong. I'm rambling again.

white avenger

white avenger
To a certain extent I can understand it.
Everyone (through Lorne) came to assist Angel in his battle against all odds.
Then they learn that putting their lives on the line wasn't assisting a vampire who was in over his head (as usual) but rescuing a human who was lying to them and didn't trust them with the truth. A human who apparently was hell-bent on suicide.

More like "manipulated them to achieve his own agenda, and saving his bacon in the process" or "made a decision affecting them, putting their very lives in danger, without giving them enough respect to assess them of the real facts of the issue." Actually, shey shouldn't be any more surprised or disappointed with Angel in the least. By now, they should be used to that kind of treatment from him. He's been doing it consistantly since the show began.

P
percepto girl
On the plus side, continuity! If that's not in-character, nothing is.

Superstar

33.3bar% Pure Evil
Actually, issue 12 gives the very strong impression of ANGEL GOIN' DOWN.
So, re-vampify isn't out of the question. Especially since on the cover they do seem to be almost smiling.

Of course, looking at the history of the original Fang Gang (Darla, Angel, Spike and Dru) there's really only one likely candidate to look to if that is what happens.

VampyHistory:
Darla>Angel>Drusilla>Spike
Angel>Drusilla>Darla
Drusilla>Spike>Angel?

If so, then Drusilla becomes the eldest of them all without having died as a vampire and been brought back.
Somehow, I get the feeling Thanksgiving dinner at grandma's house is gonna suck.

andrewcutter

Buffy/Angel fan for life
You say you have the issue in question but you are seemingly just guessing/pulling things out of thin air.
You're either making no sense due to early celebration of the 4th or you haven't read what I wrote with any coherency. Or both.

I'll go slower. Stop me if I speed.

Sanshu vs Shanshu.
Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanshu vs Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhanshu.

It was written twice, so it's not just a simple screw-up other than bad copy from the script.

W&H means Wolfram & Hart. Brilliant. Yes, I know that.
I asked WTF H&R was not W&H.

I said George wasn't speaking. George talks telepathically. Try looking at the panel before you answer.
I haven't checked any of your reviews, but your reply doesn't bode well.

"Possibly one of the mistakes that..." what? You cut off your sentence mid-stride and changed to a different topic as answer.

Normally I'm a fairly even-minded guy and far more than tolerant but your response was just a gibberish reply not even worthy of posting.
My bad i didnt even notice that the sanshu was spelled differently so i dont know what the deal with that,

as for W&R i think it is still just them shorting Wolfram and just not adding the hart onto it. i dunno but thats what i think

as for the sentance getting cut off that would be a typo my friend.

I sry if you found my post gibberish but is you dont like my point of view on your question that you ask to everyone or if you dont like my post then you dont have to go bash me.

everyone makes mistakes once and awhile no ones perfect and i think out of the 50 somewhat post i made on this board that if i made one bad post i shouldest be jumped on.

I stand by W&R standing for Wolfram seeing there nothing else SO far that it could be.

I cant explain the sanshu thing.

And as for the George problem chances are it was just one of the many mistake the happen in the issue.

Superstar

33.3bar% Pure Evil
as for W&R i think... I stand by W&R standing for...
Ya know, funnily enough this is par for the course in most internet dialog.
I'm not sure why I'm even surprised.

..."Spike says "if whatever H&R has planned involves hurting what's left of Fred" (who is H&R? is that supposed to be W&H?)"...
..."W&H means Wolfram & Hart. Brilliant. Yes, I know that. I asked WTF H&R was not W&H."...

I see a bright and shining future for you in Politics or Religion.

andrewcutter

Buffy/Angel fan for life
Ya know, funnily enough this is par for the course in most internet dialog.
I'm not sure why I'm even surprised.

..."Spike says "if whatever H&R has planned involves hurting what's left of Fred" (who is H&R? is that supposed to be W&H?)"...
..."W&H means Wolfram & Hart. Brilliant. Yes, I know that. I asked WTF H&R was not W&H."...

I see a bright and shining future for you in Politics or Religion.
lol i dont know if i should take that as an insult or a compliment,

I know what you mean in the W&H mean wolfram & hart DUHHHHH, i just think that H&R was just a mistake, but who knows

gilesfan1980

Bloody hell....
Heart and Ram?

Either way, I did also enjoy this one the most. Angel and the others have been more "in character" than the Buffy side, IMO.

Tranquillity

That'll put marzipan in your pie plate bingo
Another fantastic issue of Angel - I like how these books are 'meaty' and have a lot of substance.

Angel's still dreaming dreams of irrelevance just like he was in 'Soul Purpose' - being in hell, being human haven't changed things for Angel on a persona level. I like the retro-look dream sequence too, it was a nice way of giving us a look inside Angel's head.

I liked seeing the softer side of Nina - this is more in keeping with how she was in the show

Spike and Wes were great - i always suspected they could be friends and had a lot in common.

So some of the gang find out Angel is human - i don't blame them for wanting to send him home, doing 'rounds' in hell is really no place for a human to be and I can understand Connor being cut by Angel not shareing the big secret.

Gunn, Gunn has lost a lot of my sympathy with the manipulation of George and the killing of the slayer, and in such a brutal way. Plus he seems to have a whole lot of insider knowledge - he's dangerous, too dangerous for little old human Angel to be confronting at the moment. Thank god for Illyria.

I love this book! So looking forward to next month and the of course, before that, to the 16th for Spike!!!

andrewcutter

Buffy/Angel fan for life
i ke the fact that they are building gunn up to be a very dangerous big bad, and the best part is he not a super power like twilight, he is a normal vamp who just knows how to play the game.

Top Bottom