• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of "Angel After the Fall #13" - Released 22/10/08 (IDW)

A

Allycat

Definitely the best issue yet... And I'm guessing it's only going to get better from here.

Everything seems to be coming together. All the individual character's plot lines.

I love that despite the grim vision of his future Angel decided to live on after being inspired by Connor, who may be the key to Angel's salvation after all.

For a moment when Spike got staked I was completely shocked. I never expected him to die, but luckily it was in the room that Non enchanted in Spike: After the Fall. I mean I guess that's what happened. That's why the Slayers kept coming back too as well as Gunn's henchmen. They could fight the Slayers, gain experience from the fight, get killed, come back stronger. Their strength in numbers ensuring that the Slayers would never get away. I wonder though how well the three Slayers are going to get along with Spider and the Spikettes.

I guess Gunn killing Fred/Illyria will someone allow her to change to her "full" form. The fight between her and the W&H Dragon Army should be interesting. I wonder if the SP planned that encounter all along too.

Tranquillity

That'll put marzipan in your pie plate bingo
I posted these coments in another thread so i'll just add them here too...

How great is this comic? I love how it moves at a good pace and always leaves you wanting more. This issue was great particularly:
* the Spike stuff - his dialogue was spot on authentic. I hope we get the low-down on how the slayers went from staking him to being his new best pals though.
*Connor - was awesome. Brave and fearless and an ispiration to his father
*Cordy/Angel - yay! it was really Corelia. I would not be completely adverse to Cordelia being able to make a permanent comeback when (if?) they escape hell. I love them together.
*Gunn - so deluded, so crazy, so heartbreaking and man does mooney draw him well!
*Cordy (the dragon) - RIP. This shocked me most of anything (even more than Spike, But then i'd peeked ahead and saw that he came back)
*Fred/Illyria - man, Gunn shot her...will this release Illyria's true form? That certainly could combat the fury of hell that W&H has unleashed upon them...
*Gwen - interesting. She could be either be relying on something Gunn promised as a way to survive, or she hopes that whatever Gunn told her was true and that she thought it was worth dying for. I tend to think that it’s the first one as she doesn’t seem altruistic enough to die for a cause.

I got the Illyria Jigsaw cover - absolutely beautiful!!

Eagerly awaiting next issue...

Angel's vision

Silence! I Keel you!
I can understand why Angel chose death, rather than be the cause of the evil side winning, and aswell as his choice to "live" to help Connor.
Wonder how the Illyria storyline will pan out now Gunn did what he did? I hope that Angel finds some hope and has good win or hope that good will win rather than the Senior partners always gettign what they want all the time, it kinda gets on my nerves

Clem Rocks

Scooby
Finally got this issue today, loved the last line

what i didn't like though, was the art. In the panel before Spike gets staked, were those supposed to be Slayers he was fighting, or drag queens?

and did anyone else think there was a surprising amount of detail put into Gwen and Illyria's arses?

Entiel

King of the Primordium
Ia really good issue!with many shocking events...I couldn't believe it when Spike got dusted!also Gunn shooting Fred/Illyria,do you think she's dead?she's not in any of the next covers exept if the demon in the #14 cover is actually her true form(I so hope that's it)finally one question..when gwen was dying was she referring to Gunn or Connor when she said "I love you so much"?do you think the dragon will saty dead?(the pannel showing its corpse was the saddest one of this issue :( )

E
Enisy
See reply.

Enisy

Townie
Ia really good issue!with many shocking events...I couldn't believe it when Spike got dusted!also Gunn shooting Fred/Illyria,do you think she's dead?she's not in any of the next covers exept if the demon in the #14 cover is actually her true form(I so hope that's it)finally one question..when gwen was dying was she referring to Gunn or Connor when she said "I love you so much"?do you think the dragon will saty dead?(the pannel showing its corpse was the saddest one of this issue :( )
I was wondering the same thing about Gwen's (ostensibly) last words. Gwen saying "Oh, Charles. You'd better be right" and immediately following it with "Love you so much" (the latter of which I assume was directed to Connor, not Gunn) is the comic equivalent of changing speakers without changing paragraphs.

Κι άλλος Έλληνας, wheeeee. :happy06: Είσαι μόλις ο δεύτερος που συναντάω σε ξενόγλωσσο Buffy φόρουμ. Όλοι οι άλλοι είναι μαζεμένοι σε ελληνικά pop culture φόρουμ ή στο Livejournal.

E
Entiel
dn to pisteuw oti iparxei k allos ellhnas sto BB :D

Anya2012

Floppy, hoppy, bunnies!
I was wondering the same thing about Gwen's (ostensibly) last words. Gwen saying "Oh, Charles. You'd better be right" and immediately following it with "Love you so much" (the latter of which I assume was directed to Connor, not Gunn) is the comic equivalent of changing speakers without changing paragraphs.

Κι άλλος Έλληνας, wheeeee. :happy06: Είσαι μόλις ο δεύτερος που συναντάω σε ξενόγλωσσο Buffy φόρουμ. Όλοι οι άλλοι είναι μαζεμένοι σε ελληνικά pop culture φόρουμ ή στο Livejournal.
Um...speak English please?

Enisy

Townie
Was just saying a hello. :) There aren't many Greeks in English-speaking Buffy forums, so I get all excited.

Anya2012

Floppy, hoppy, bunnies!
^^That's fine. Thought I was going nuts for a minute.

I got my copy today. I was shocked when SPike was staked but relieved it wasn't the case. I got Spike After The Fall 4 must read that soon.

hannahfngrl26

Captain Forehead
So quick question. I have all of the angels that have been released leaving off with each individual story. Why is that not listed in the recap thread and are there more I am unaware of?

Top Bottom