• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of "Angel: After the Fall #3" - Released 01/16/08 (IDW)

Tranquillity

That'll put marzipan in your pie plate bingo
I loved this issue!
I knew Spike couldn't have gone 'bad' - feel very much vindicated that he is still one of the good guys and working with Connor no less. I'm dying to know how they came to team up. I always thought they'd get on well - much to Angel's chagrin.

And that ending. Whoa - what a ripper. Can i say it yet? It certainly explains why he was using that little creature to heal his wounds in #1. I wonder if it is permanent though or a result of the dimensional shift - what with the werewolves feeling both human and wolfy, the vamps feeling both euphoric and spontainiously combustable and the primordial demon king getting time manipulation powers back. At the moment i'm suspecting that when (if) they get LA back to where it belongs then his new found status will go too.

Can't wait for next month!

Senior Watcher

~*VH Secret Handshakes*~
*the release date is 1-16-2008, not 1-16-2017 like the thread topic states*

im sorry guys, but im still not into it (and i desperately want to be).

first lets talk about the artwork: i think the artists version of the characters is poorly done. they hardly look like the real actors. im also having trouble with illyria having a big chest; no offense to amy acker, but she doesnt have big ones. its not a secret; they even made dry-humored remarks about her chest on the tv show version of angel.

second, lets talk about the story: it still hasnt grabbed me. i feel as though IDW got too excited about having a new angel story line (after watching how popular the buffy, season 8 comic became), that they missed the point: if its not good (no matter if joss is involved or not), noone will buy it. now, you can argue that by asking, "if its not good, then why has it gone to its 3rd printing?.......what i have to say to that is this: alot of people (including me) are so excited about a continuation of angel that we bought the comic without care of the quality of work inside it. further, the first issue may have gone through three printings, but i predict that you will see a drastic decrease in sales now that we have 3 issues of a 'hard-to-swallow' story line and drawings.

third (and final), someone explain to me what happened in the frame where illyria exits the dragon? is she spit out? does she bust through the dragons belly? i see the dragon says, "ptuy" (or something of the sorts) so i think it spit her out, but the belly of the dragon shows a huge explotion?!

i give it a 4/10.

CharmedSlayer85

Potential
Yeah I've read all three issues of After The Fall and I can't seem to get into it. I mean first of all they COMPLETELY destroyed the mystery of the Buffy/Angelverse by making ALL of LA one giant hell. I mean that gets rid of the mystery that demons exist cause I mean now the whole world should know about demons if all of LA has become one giant hell hole. But I must say one thing that shocked me is Angel no longer being a vampire. I wonder how that worked out seeing as he signed away his shanshu prophecy. I wonder if Spike's still a vampire, also I wonder if they're gonna kill Gunn or find some way to make him the third vampire with a soul. But yeah this Angel series is interesting to say the least but doesn't seem to have the same pull as the Buffy series.

Evilyn

Symphony of Destruction
Okay, so I haven't gotten the issue yet, but spoilers don't bother me, hence I'm in this thread. Actually, I like spoilers because it gives me something to look forward to. Anyhoo, so Angel isn't vamp, but is he human? It's gonna be another week before I can pick this up, so I'm dying to know. I mean, cuz if he is and they pull another IWRY and take it back, I'm gonna be sooooo agitated.

Tranquillity

That'll put marzipan in your pie plate bingo
At the moment all we know is that Angel is not a vampire. it doesn't say he's human (though that would be the natural assumption) and it doesn't say that he shanshued (as many people on other discussion boards have assumed) - much more yet to be revealled on that front.

third (and final), someone explain to me what happened in the frame where illyria exits the dragon? is she spit out? does she bust through the dragons belly? i see the dragon says, "ptuy" (or something of the sorts) so i think it spit her out, but the belly of the dragon shows a huge explotion?!
i think the huge explosion was because when the dragon spat Illyria out she hit and destroyed the 'blood fountain' with force so it went kaboom.

have to say that i'm completely engaged with the story and most of the feedback i've read for After the Fall has been really positve especially for this issue. I don't think there will be a problem with the general Angel-appreiciating populous thinking its not good. At least i hope not.

C
Cordelia Chase*
[No message]

Cordelia Chase*

Spiley anyone?!
I agree! I enjoyed the first two comics and now Im addicted. I have to know whats next.

I dont think it'll be any less sales. Just a difference of opinion among different people. Thats all.

Clem Rocks

Scooby
Haven't got this issue yet, but after reading this, all i have to say is: Angel's not a vamp anymore? O_O

Cordelia Chase*

Spiley anyone?!
Not a vamp but maybe something else. Stronger. I mean after all he is in hell. Or atleast a type of hell. WHich as I can see has many mysteries. But yea..I need to get this ep...i mean comic.

Angel's vision

Silence! I Keel you!
I haven't got the issue yet but i need spoilers to wet my appetite for when I get round to buying it, I.E Monday.
So he may not be a Vampire anymore, but that doesn't mean he is not a demon, of sorts, maybe this altered sate has effected him like Nina but in a different way. So the Question is what about Spike? is he still Grr? To quote Cordelia.

A

Allycat

OMG, great issue... even better twist!

Angel no longer a vampire... what's that all about? Has he shanshu-d? Since Gunn IS still a vampire, I suppose whatever has happened to Angel has not affected all vampires in LA. So, Spike's probably still a regular vamp too, I would say. I knew Spike couldn't have turned evil... and it seems Wesley might not have either. To challenge all the lords seems to be one of Angel's rashes decisions ever, but maybe he has a plan. Although, you have to ask, if killing a bunch of demon leaders got you into the mess your in, will it be the way out too?

I wonder if maybe one of the champions is gonna be Groo? (Or that other character from the past that's supposed to show up.)

Question: Is the Lord of Santa Monica Teeth, the Loan Shark, from Tabula Rasa?

As for the art, I agree that it doesn't always look like the actors, but it DOES always look like the characters. There's a big difference.

L
Lou
Good call on the Santa Monica Lord! I THINK SO!
GreyWalker1958
GreyWalker1958
I thought the shark demon was killed

Clem Rocks

Scooby
I haven't got the issue yet but i need spoilers to wet my appetite for when I get round to buying it, I.E Monday.
So he may not be a Vampire anymore, but that doesn't mean he is not a demon, of sorts, maybe this altered sate has effected him like Nina but in a different way. So the Question is what about Spike? is he still Grr? To quote Cordelia.
He's embraced his role as Champion of the Powers.

Anyway just read it and i gotta say, best issue yet! Some good ol' fighting and some of the art wasn't terrible! =O

And it was nice to see some of the Wesley questions cleared up ^^

Clem Rocks

Scooby
Quick question: Timeslips, one is when Angel was Liam, one is when Angel was a "wee little puppet man", one is (i assume) Angel as a baby, what's the other one? Angel in the future or something? He looks kinda older =/

tommy

spill things on your idol
sure, why not. maybe he's human now so his future-self won't look the same age.

A

Allycat

The decor looks kind of futuristic too. We can only guess (or in case of Bangels.. hope) that it's a human Angel in the future.

Wicked

Trampy Mc*****
Love it. Did not see the ending coming but Im waiting for more story before I have an opinion on what happened. Theres so much we dont know yet.

GATEGOD

Anyanka
So Angel has been Shanshued or what not? I liked this one alot! Only bad thing was that Gunn wasn't in it. But I like that it's building up to a big fight all against Angel.

Top Bottom