• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of "Angel: After the Fall #4" - Released 02/20/08 (IDW)

A

Allycat

I figured it'd start this thread to let everyone know that this issue has been released a week earlier than planned. So, get to your comic book store right now, cause Brian says this one is gonna rock even harder then the first 3:

Brian Lynch said:
So much in this issue, including, but not limited to:
1. The identity of the mystery dude on the cover of issue 5.
2. Who those crazy looking ladies are on the painted version.
3. The return of an old friend.
4. Revelations up the wah-zoo.
5. An ending that will make you go "okay, issue 5, now, please".

Anya2012

Floppy, hoppy, bunnies!
Gosh I hope this one was good. The last three I've read were very disappointing. I'm trying to get into these new comics, but it's not happening. It's the shocking art.

A

Allycat

Well, then I guess issues 6, 7, and 8 will be for you. They feature art by a number of different artists.

Clem Rocks

Scooby
OMG! I just read it and wow!

*SPOILERS*

Did anyone else go "Lorne! It's f***ing Lorne! =D" when they saw that green hand or was it just me?

I mean wow, Lorne, Skip, Groo and Spike with the M?(What was that about? Did he ever hold it on Buffy?) all in one issue? Love it!
Now all we need is Harmony =]

And did anyone that reads Buffy season 8 notice that one of the guy's behind Gunn when he lands on that building (I think it was WR&H's, could be wrong though) is wearing a mask that looks like Twilight's?...

goldenboy

Scooby
I doubt there's a Twilight connection. I think that was just that bald vamp. But It would be wild if there were.

Wasn't surprised by Lorne, cos of all the previews, but Groo, definitely. What's he doing? He didn't go back to Pylea after he walked out on Cordy? Or he just portaled his way to this hell dimension?

Trying to figure out the point of Gunn blowing up the W&H building at this stage in the game. Is he trying to "kill" Angel, or force some kind of confrontation? Or it's just some sort of catharsis...

I gotta re-read this whole series up to this point. I'm so distracted by the art, the dialogue style. It's like Lynch gets the feel for the show...about 50% of the time.

Clem Rocks

Scooby
Trying to figure out the point of Gunn blowing up the W&H building at this stage in the game. Is he trying to "kill" Angel, or force some kind of confrontation? Or it's just some sort of catharsis...
Maybe he knew it would make Wes disappear and wanted Angel separated from him

A

Allycat

I guess it could've been Gunn's point to remove Wesley's ghost. He definitely didn't want to kill Angel as he waited till Angel was out. Question is however, how did Gunn know Angel was going to be away? Did he perhaps know that Lorne had sent for him? Are the two in cahoots?

Anyway, awesome issues. Once again better than last time. It's good to see Lorne again. I wouldn't have expected him to be so forgiving, seeing as how we last saw him he seemed so utterly broken. But as he mentioned he went through a rough patch there. Looks like he made it through.

Did anyone else notice that during one of the timeslips (the one with future Spike) he was holding the Scythe!!!

I'm curious as to whether Angel's human-condition has been fully explained now. I don't think it's the end of the story. I mean... how can he be human, but not have shanshu'd? That doesn't make much sense. I did like how he found out though.

I also wonder whether it was Joss or Brian who planned the details of the future timeslips for Angel and Spike.

goldenboy

Scooby
Yeah, the Scythe was odd to see. Nice touch.

If the Senior Partners are responsible for humanizing Angel...it would be because he's still somehow a threat as a vamp, even in Hell I suppose. Or it's just like sadistic, ironic payback. But maybe it's something more interesting than all that.

Clem Rocks

Scooby
I guess it could've been Gunn's point to remove Wesley's ghost. He definitely didn't want to kill Angel as he waited till Angel was out. Question is however, how did Gunn know Angel was going to be away? Did he perhaps know that Lorne had sent for him? Are the two in cahoots?

Anyway, awesome issues. Once again better than last time. It's good to see Lorne again. I wouldn't have expected him to be so forgiving, seeing as how we last saw him he seemed so utterly broken. But as he mentioned he went through a rough patch there. Looks like he made it through.

Did anyone else notice that during one of the timeslips (the one with future Spike) he was holding the Scythe!!!

I'm curious as to whether Angel's human-condition has been fully explained now. I don't think it's the end of the story. I mean... how can he be human, but not have shanshu'd? That doesn't make much sense. I did like how he found out though.

I also wonder whether it was Joss or Brian who planned the details of the future timeslips for Angel and Spike.
I noticed Spike holding the Scythe, infact i already posted about it in this thread :p didn't know it was future Spike though

And the way Angel spoke about it in this issue, it sounds like the Senior Partners made him human because they knew he could easily get out of hell if he was a vampire, but it would be pretty hard if he had no powers

goldenboy

Scooby
Which cover(s) did people get? I got the painted one. Still waiting for that "great" cover that you wanna turn into a poster.

A

Allycat

I got the Urru-variant, which doesn't look half as bad as I thought it would. Still, it's not the best cover either. (I printed out the variant for issues 1 and hung it on my wall ;).)

I noticed Spike holding the Scythe, infact i already posted about it in this thread :p didn't know it was future Spike though
There's flying cars in the background.

Were those two ladies Transuding Furies? If so, where's the third? Or were these maybe the fourth and fifth?

goldenboy

Scooby
Weren't all demons, vamps wiped off the Earth some time between Buffy's era and Fray's? Trying to remember the Slayer lore in Fray...

Not that Joss couldn't retcon, tweak that. Or maybe the lore was wrong originally. That would be wild to have Spike and Fray together.

A

Allycat

What happened exactly was:

Fray #03 said:
Urkonn: 'It was some hundreds of years ago in the twenty-first century. What we know is this -- There was a battle. A Slayer, possibly with some mystical allies faced an apocalyptic army of demons and when it was done ... There were all gone. All demons, all magicks, banished from this earthly dimension.'
Mel: 'And the Slayer? Did she ..'
Urkonn: 'I do not know if she lived. But the demons being gone, she was the last to be called. The line continued -- there were girls with the power, but they were never called, never trained. Which may be why you have no memories of your heritage. The council of watcher's fell to ruin, held together only by fanatics and fools. Those that believed the demons would return.
Or at least, according to Urkonn. For anyone who wants to read up on the topic of Fray and its connection to the current comicbooks: The Slayers End - Buffy-Boards

thegifting

I think in 3D
If it were, infact, the same timeframe as Fray, it's possible, without retcon, for that to occur if Illyria phased through time and pulled Spike with her, like Angel in "Timebomb".

Townie
I loove this series even more!!!, Gunn wants take down all the Angel resources, and thats why he blows up the W&H building, cause is the mm nexus of Wesley with the Hell probably??
Well about the two ladyes, I though they are the muses, cause they repeat ANGEL name repetdly!!
Hope Groo deals with Cordys death in next issue, he love her!! I hope they mention her!

Tranquillity

That'll put marzipan in your pie plate bingo
Great issue - again! so many interesting little things in there to think about. I'm thinking that the "Calvary" Wesly mentions is Buffy and some Slayers - in the letters col they did say the reason that Buffy is not assisting will be addressed in upcoming issues. I'm also getting increasingly suspisious of this Spider character - she was lusting after that mace thingy big time (and i really wish she's put some clothes on) Future Spike (mmm leather clad future spike:)) with the scythe was pretty cool - though my son was debating if it was the slayer scythe or not - any offical word on that as yet? Lorne was interesting - i agree that it was a bit strange that he would want to see Angel and, come to think of it, that he is a Lord - i suppose he's offereing an alternative to terror and mayhem. Groo was a surprise i'm not sure i like, though he might come in handy... I really felt for Gunn - on one hand blowing up the place that bought about his 'change' and on the other taking just one thing - a picture of the fang gang family when they were happy and united - it's kinda heartbreaking. And Wesley? are we going to get him back?

Top Bottom