• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of "Angel: After the Fall #5" - Released 3/19/08 (IDW)

Clem Rocks

Scooby
Wow, what a cliffhanger huh?! So big and yet perhaps the worst one yet =|

Atleast the rest of the issue was good, find out some nice stuff like

Lyndsey is dead =[ but WR&H can bring him back as a zombie!
Spike does actually still have his cool old clothes
Angel has a flaming sword
Groo would like to see a dragon and a T-Rex have a nice fight
Angel can shave easier than he can cut his hair XD
Spike didn't know Wes was still around, and wanted to know if there was an amulet involved
And of course, the big cliffhanger, which i won't mention, even for the people that read the spoilers, which i actualy didn't this time, so you know this was a big issue people XD

Fav line: Lorne - Let's get to work.

Spike Angelus

Vampire With a Soul
Just read it, and I thought it was awesome. Cruel to leave us hanging with that type of cliffhanger, but still awesome.
This felt like Angel, finally. Took a while, but I think ATF finally got it's footing.
What I liked:
The fight: It's like they are finally making up for not showing the ally fight.
Lorne: I loved his "Let's get to work" line. A very nice nod to the final line of the TV show.
Spike is Spike again! The coat! The attitude! I just wished he would have said "bloody hell!".
Fred is back! I think, or was it Illarya in her form, like she did when Wes died?

What I didn't like:
We have to wait 4 frakking months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D
DarklyDreamingDrusilla
Nice use of a BSG word! =)

Clem Rocks

Scooby
Fred is back! I think, or was it Illarya in her form, like she did when Wes died?
When i first saw it, i thought it was just Illyria taking her form again, but the more i think about it, the more i think it's actually Fred. Angel has said that Illyria has been showing emotion, that could be a sign that it's really Fred.

My person theory on it is that Illyria has been affected by one of her own timeslips and her body has gone back to when it used to be Fred's, so now both her and Fred have to share it.

S
Spike Angelus
Great minds think alike...lol
A

Allycat

When i first saw it, i thought it was just Illyria taking her form again, but the more i think about it, the more i think it's actually Fred. Angel has said that Illyria has been showing emotion, that could be a sign that it's really Fred.

My person theory on it is that Illyria has been affected by one of her own timeslips and her body has gone back to when it used to be Fred's, so now both her and Fred have to share it.
Awesome theory!

I loved this issue. It does make up for the NFA-fight we never got to see. The best thing about it is that the gang is back together. From his reaction, you gather that Spike might have already known about the whole Fred/Illyria thing.

I got the secret variant, which doesn't really reveal that big of a spoiler, if you ask me. Which cover did everyone else get?

S
Spike Angelus
The Illarya and Wes cover.

Spike Angelus

Vampire With a Soul

I was thinking the same thing.

Clem Rocks

Scooby
Awesome theory!

I loved this issue. It does make up for the NFA-fight we never got to see. The best thing about it is that the gang is back together. From his reaction, you gather that Spike might have already known about the whole Fred/Illyria thing.

I got the secret variant, which doesn't really reveal that big of a spoiler, if you ask me. Which cover did everyone else get?
I got cover B too

And with you saying about Spike maybe knowing about it got me thinking, maybe it has something to do with why he had her locked up in issue 4?

Spike Angelus

Vampire With a Soul
I got cover B too

And with you saying about Spike maybe knowing about it got me thinking, maybe it has something to do with why he had her locked up in issue 4?
Good point. I had just thought he locked her up becasue she was angry, and we all know how she gets, but now you have me thinking....

Clem Rocks

Scooby
Good point. I had just thought he locked her up becasue she was angry, and we all know how she gets, but now you have me thinking....
Maybe Illyria doesn't like Fred being back so after Fred has the body and Illyria gets it back, she gets majorly pissed and Spike has to lock her up to save him and the humans? XD

And quick question, does everyone else think Angel's vampire glamour is in his...? yeah :whistle:

Spike Angelus

Vampire With a Soul
Maybe Illyria doesn't like Fred being back so after Fred has the body and Illyria gets it back, she gets majorly pissed and Spike has to lock her up to save him and the humans? XD

And quick question, does everyone else think Angel's vampire glamour is in his...? yeah :whistle:
Makes me wonder if he has trouble in the restroom.

Anyway, isn't a glamour a spell, and not an object?

Clem Rocks

Scooby
Makes me wonder if he has trouble in the restroom.

Anyway, isn't a glamour a spell, and not an object?
I believe it needs an object to contain the power of the spell, when Angel used a glamour in season 5 to make it look to Hamilton as if the gang were still fighting, the glamour was an amulate like object that Angel had in his pocket

Spike Angelus

Vampire With a Soul
I forgot about that.

I'm sure it's in his blood or heart or something.

Or could he be the glamour?

A

Allycat

I just read on Whedonesque that there's a Jay & Silent Bob cameo. Look at top panel of page 2. There's also another demon of the same species as K'ryph there.

Clem Rocks

Scooby
I just read on Whedonesque that there's a Jay & Silent Bob cameo. Look at top panel of page 2. There's also another demon of the same species as K'ryph there.
I noticed the Kr'ph demon, but having never seen a Jay & Silent Bob film, i thought those two were just random humans/demons lol

Tranquillity

That'll put marzipan in your pie plate bingo
This was an awesome issue! i don't think i've ever enjoyed a single issue of a comic as much as i enjoyed this one. Seriously i cried after reading it i loved it that much. So many good things:

Spider and her girls finally have some clothes on - yay!
Spike!
Angel!
Lorne getting off his fence!
The bands back together - the 'justice league' cover makes so much sense now and that panel of them all fighting together - truely magnificent.
The dynamic between Angel and Spike - see they do really love eachother, they just don't want to admit it...
Wesley!
Spike and Illyria - also a fantastic dynamic there.
Gunn - so very intreaguing
The Ending!!!

Can't believe we have to wait four months to see what happens next. it's funny that when ATF started all i wanted to know was what happened in the alley post-NFA, but now i'm completely invested in this story and want more of it (not that i'm not looking forward to First Night...).

Just magnificent!

end of gush:)

A
Allycat
Good point, right now the AtF-story is indeed more interesting than the post-NFA one.

Ashxking

one evil monkey
One big question. If this ithe real deal hell in La dose that mean the souls of the dead are in the city. Would Explain why Skip was back

A
Allycat
That wasn't Skip. It was a female member of the same demon-species as Skip.

Spike Angelus

Vampire With a Soul
The Jay and Silent Bob demons were easy to spot.

Edit:

One big question. If this ithe real deal hell in La dose that mean the souls of the dead are in the city. Would Explain why Skip was back
That's not Skip. It's the same species of demon, and a she. Lorne and Angel talked about it in number 4.

Hero

Scooby
Could someone tell me what the "cliffhanger" is? I was never too big a fan of Angel so I'm only following it through BB.

A
Allycat
Best way to keep up-to-date with what's happening, is to read the canon-watch or the recaps when they're up.

Clem Rocks

Scooby
One thing that confused me, dunno if it confused you lot because you haven't talked about it, is Wesley's meeting. Apparently everyone assumes it was the SPs he was talking to, i just thought it was the conduit =/ And where was it? The WR&H building got blown up, the white room can't be just floating there, can it?

A

Allycat

The White Room is not an actual room, it's a different (pocket-)dimension or something like that. It does not occupy a physical space in this world. And I'm not sure if it's the SP or the conduit. Isn't he the conduit?!

S
Spike Angelus
I think he is. They did say they could use Eve, or turn Lindsey into a zombie and replace Wes with either of them.
Top Bottom