• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Spoiler! Discussion of "Angel Aftermath" #23 Release 01/07/2009 (IDW)

Angelic Slayer

Daydream Believer
Sineya
Synopsis from tfaw.com:

tfaw said:
Since returning from Hell, Gunn has lain incapacitated, near death. Looking over him is Illyria, torn by a need to make him pay for his crimes and a compulsion to protect him.

But what will she do when a threat from the pages of Spike: After the Fall causes them both to evaluate whether it's better to be good...or evil?
Discuss #23, Angel: After the Fall Epilogue, here!

Buffyverse Fan

* The 28th *
Sineya
So Angelic Slayer fixed the title halfway (can't blame her though since she hasn't even read it), but this issue is not Aftermath at all, this is the After the Fall Epilogue.

This issue was excellent, and as always they Lynch/Urru team (plus Whedon's outlining) captured Angel Inc. pitch-perfectly. I'd say this has been the best Gunn-centric piece of media ever, that's including the TV show.

While it lacked any sort of heavy action, you won't miss it assuming you care about the Gunn and Illyria characters. This issue was very character-driven and was a perfect epilogue to the amazing After the Fall story. Keep in mind, this is the real series, canon, and the real team, and by page 1 you'd notice even if I didn't tell you. Armstrong's mess was not associated with this at all.

Quality-wise 10/10

Review aside, I have a question for those of you who have read it, are we to assume that most of Spike's gal-pals were killed by Non in reality? That seemed to be what Non said.

AndrewCrossett

Satsu Otaku
Sineya
Review aside, I have a question for those of you who have read it, are we to assume that most of Spike's gal-pals were killed by Non in reality? That seemed to be what Non said.
I asked Brian Lynch that very question and was assured that the Spikettes (including Spider) are very much alive and well.

Which makes me happy.

Buffyverse Fan

* The 28th *
Sineya
Oh, never-mind, I'm an idiot. Non was talking about Spike's actual "flock," not his gal pals. This is a Spike: After the Fall reference, Non's peeps subdued Spike & Illyria temporarily, and in that time, killed the bulk of the humans the two were protecting.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Is that Non there at the psych ward place at the end? Why is she blonde? I wish we'd gotten to see more of a Gunn/Non team up for awhile.

Top Bottom