• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of "Angel Aftermath" #25 Release 16/09/2009 (IDW)

Angelic Slayer

Daydream Believer
Sineya
Discuss the second part of Drusilla's Story, here :)

TFAW said:
Juliet Landau continues her two-part Angel adventure that returns Drusilla to the fold in a bloody big way! Laundau, Lynch and Urru conclude Dru's adventure inside a special asylum, where she either just presided over an insane rampage, or imagined the entire thing...
source: Angel Aftermath #25 at TFAW.com

white avenger

white avenger
I hate when stories have that "And she woke up, and it was a dream" kind of thing. It's annoying.
That's the thing (along with the god awful art) that I hate about the entire "Aftermath" storyline. Even though everyone remembers what happened while LA was in hell, everything that happened there was just wiped away, as though the writers couldn't figure out any other way of solving the situation.

white avenger

white avenger
I've just finished reading Issue # 25, and, if I may quote the Immortal Bard, this 2 issue arc can only be described as "A tale told by an idiot, filled with sound and fury, signifying nothing." Now, I know hat there are a lot of people here who absolutely love Drusilla, but I never saw any reason whatsoever for her character other than to illustrate just how loyal Spike can be to someone who he loves, regardless of whether that love is returned or not. Her story in "After The Fall" contributes just two things that I can see: one more jumbled up element to an already jumbled up story line, and a 2 month break for the writers from what's really going on.

Now, all of you Drusilla lovers out there, feel free to rip this post to bits.

Skytteflickan88

Proud Spikette
Just want to inform(I haven't read the thread) that Aftermath was only issue 18-22. I know, no biggie really, most readers probably know this, I just get tired of reading the wrong titles.

Angelic Slayer

Daydream Believer
Sineya
Just want to inform(I haven't read the thread) that Aftermath was only issue 18-22. I know, no biggie really, most readers probably know this, I just get tired of reading the wrong titles.
Apologies, I haven't been able to get my hands the comics yet so I've been doing the titles according to what TFAW has listed on their website (I just assumed that those titles were accurate). :)

S
Skytteflickan88
Well, it's better than those sites that list the comics as "After the fall issue 25"... The fans know what you're talking about anyway. :)

Spike Angelus

Vampire With a Soul
I'm a bit confused. I get Dru was in LA when it went to Hell, what I don't get is does she see Hell as her being human, and living in 1860?

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
I loved these Dru issues. They actually use the comic medium rather than trying to be something else. The imagery is fantastic.

I think Dru's hell is remembering what she'd lost.

Top Bottom