• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of "Angel Aftermath" #26 Release 07/10/2009 (IDW)

Angelic Slayer

Daydream Believer
Sineya
The place to discuss Angel Aftermath #26. :)

TFAW said:
'Boys and Their Toys,' Part 1 of 2

Somebody has made a movie based on Angel's adventures in hell! Angel and Spike go to a comic con to see how badly Hollywood has mangled true events, only to find themselves surrounded by supernatural evil at every turn. Can Angel tell the difference between an evil demon and a 14-year-old fanboy dressed as an evil demon? Is there a difference? The Angel: After the Fall team of Brian Lynch and Stephen Mooney throw Angel and Spike into an all-new hell!
source: Angel Aftermath #26 at TFAW.com

Spike Angelus

Vampire With a Soul
Just picked up this one yesterday while out Christmas shopping.
The stroy is a rehash of the Buffy episode "Halloween", the one where everyone becomes the costume they are wearing. If it was meant to be a sequel, I could understand, but since neither Angel or Spike make mention, I'm looking at it as a rehash. I'm wondering if IDW is running out of ideas. They seemed to be on their Transformers titles, with them announcing that they are going to kill off Optimus Prime, again. Didn't we already do that back in the 80's? Anyway, I digress. The only part of this issue that seemed original was Nicholas Cage playing "Angel" and of course, Spike, in costume, thinking he's really Angel.
I also got part 2. I'll read that one after I get back form my wife's family's Christmas party, but, to be honest, This story doesn't have me to excited. Seen it once already.

Buffyverse Fan

* The 28th *
Sineya
Just picked up this one yesterday while out Christmas shopping.
The stroy is a rehash of the Buffy episode "Halloween", the one where everyone becomes the costume they are wearing. If it was meant to be a sequel, I could understand, but since neither Angel or Spike make mention, I'm looking at it as a rehash.
ummm... While they didn't say "in the second season of Buffy..."

I'm wondering if IDW is running out of ideas. They seemed to be on their Transformers titles, with them announcing that they are going to kill off Optimus Prime, again. Didn't we already do that back in the 80's? Anyway, I digress. The only part of this issue that seemed original was Nicholas Cage playing "Angel" and of course, Spike, in costume, thinking he's really Angel.
I also got part 2. I'll read that one after I get back form my wife's family's Christmas party, but, to be honest, This story doesn't have me to excited. Seen it once already.
Okay, aside from Spike's huge amount of character progression, and the fun and wildly different take on a similarly-themed episode from a decade ago, this story doesn't have much to offer...

Anya2012

Floppy, hoppy, bunnies!
I have to admit this series is weird. But it was funny to see Spike thinking he was Angel.

And where's Lorne??

Top Bottom