• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Discussion of Angel and Faith 9.11 "Family Reunion Part 1" Released 6/27/12

Hale Caesar

Sunnydale Nerd
I thought I should make a thread for this issue because I just finished reading it and for the first time this issue feels like something from Angel (the TV show). There were so many great moments, Willow asking Angel and Faith for help to go to Quor-Toth to restore magic. GUNN IS FINALLY IN AN ISSUE. They gave a little update on the Angel cast and they went back to the Hyperion Hotel.

Great stuff, can't wait to see what next issue brings

Groge

Scottish Slayer
Dammit! accidentally clicked on this thread and read those spoilers! My copy is in the post, probably get it tomorrow :(
oh well, least I know it'll be a good one!

Groge

Scottish Slayer
Just finished reading this now. Such a good issue!
Did anyone pick up on the Firefly reference!?

What I found especially interesting.

In the lettercol, Scott Allie says that "the original idea for season 9 was going to be a very cosmic odyssey". I guess Spike's ship was part of that initial plan. Yes, it the plan had been changed completely by "Predators and Prey" arc, but, according to Meltzer, he wrote his arс before season 8 has even started. Which makes me wonder if they plan to use some earlier ideas by Joss in Spike mini. Allie has confirmed that they don't have an overall, conceptual idea for Spike's mini - but maybe there are some non-conceptual ideas from Joss' initial plan for season 9?

Back to A&F#11 - it changes the global situation drastically. According to the issue, the destruction of the Seed destroyed all creative forces on Earth; suicide rates are growing, people are losing hope, and it's getting worse with every passing day.

So far, it's not clear if it's just a one-shot plot necessity (like Angel's hoodie safely protecting him from the sun) or a conceptual development of the verse. Buffyverse has a history of such plot necessities that looked huge when they were introduced but quickly fizzled out (vampire brothels, governmental anti-demon programs).

If it's just a plot necessity to justify the trip to Quor'Toth', I'll be mildly disappointed, but, ultimately, happy that they used it to explore Angel and Connor's dynamics.

But if it's part of the long-running mythology, then it's very interesting. If the situation on Earth worsens quickly, then by the end of the season they must find a way to stop it. Maybe by creating a new Seed - a baby Seed (thus making the pregnancy plot on BtVS very relevant).

Now, about the most controversial panel of the issue.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v671/MoscowWatcher/Comics_s9/Twilightretcon.jpg

On one hand, Angel's line: "Once we'd given the Twilight universe form, I was going to bring everyone over" - blatantly contradicts the events of #35. Angel was "given the Twilight universe form" on the last panel of #34. And in #35 he explicitly talked about himself and Buffy staying there.

On the other hand, he mentioned in one of the previous issues that the power of Twilight over him was becoming stronger and stronger as his plan progressed. So, the way I see it, Angel's initial plan was to bring people over to the new universe, but by #34 he was completely inder the influence of glow and couldn't think straight. I can live with this explanation.

What bugs me is Angel's phrase "Why does everyone have such a hard time getting this?" Um, Angel - because it didn't look that way.

Actually, when I read the phrase, I hear the writers complaining: "Why does everyone have such a hard time getting this? It happened because on BtVS Angel was servicing Buffy's journey. That's how our storytelling works. When Buffy was servicing Angel's journey on AtS, she was depicted as a jealous bitch in "Sanctuary" or as a stupid bimbo in "The Girl in Question". Now Angel is back in his own title, and he's protected with the protagonist privilege again. Deal with it."

As a (fic) writer I can understand writers and as a fan I can understand fans. In serialized entertainment, all characters, even the most complex and multilayered are inevitably stuck within their roles and are bound to repeat the same mistakes, only on a bigger scale. Or be killed (but we know that it doesn't work in Jossverse). But fans don't want to suspend their disbelief. They judge the characters as if they're real people in real-life situations.

So I guess it's kind of an unsolvable situation.

I only hope that in the further issues writers will use less flippant, more serious approach to that pesky Twilight retconning. That they'll explain Angel's behavior in #35 either by Twilight's growing influence in Angel's mind or some other way that allows to restore Angel's status without destroying the unity of Buffyverse. "I didn't mention it because Buffy was worked up" is lame. Ultra lame.

About the unity of Buffyverse. The issue gave me a strong impression that after season 9 the structure of Buffyverse will change radically. There will be an ongoing Buffy title and there will be many spin-offs - one-shot, minis and maybe even one-seasonal titles - "Willow", "Spike", "Illyria", "Willow and Illyria" etc. I wonder if the upcoming "Willow" and "Spike" minis are there to gauge the interest before planning the post-9 season Buffyverse.

It's just an impression; I don't have anything to substantiate it. But if that's the case, writers will have a hard time to sustain this schisophrenic approach to Angel's journey. It's BUFFYverse, first and foremost, and nobody but Buffy will have protagonist privilege in that universe.

There is a funny typo. Faith: "Listen, Angel and Connor aren't exactly on "take your son to work" terms. Angel's been ducking his calls like he's a drunk hookup. Which I told him is being a tool..." Apparently, the writers meant "fool", not "tool" - but maybe it was a Freudian slip?

Last edited by a moderator:
H
Hale Caesar
[No message]

Hale Caesar

Sunnydale Nerd
^^I found that panel controversial also...but i'd rather not over-analyze a universe that is full of unexplained plot holes. For what its worth, I now believe Angel was trying to bring everyone to the "sex universe" to save them. It also makes a lot more sense for Angel's character.

ladydorotea

Scooby
Random observations on characters in A&F #11 , instead of full review. Too little too late, but there is power in positive thinking, so here we go.

Angel - Willow dynamics were actually great in A&F #11 - something I have not seen mentioned before is their post slap-on-the face exchange when she is breaking up in tears after her quite emotional outburst about -

'How empty the world is', and how 'the world is dying and nobody will admit it!'

'I need to save it. There is nothing more important. Why doesn't anyone understand...?

That's when Angel actually touched her shoulder and offers a compromise -

'We'll go see Connor. You can talk to him. But it's his choice. OKAY?'

Whatever Willow's true motivations are, and I think it is a mix of everything : missing her magic, missing her outer plane demonic lover Saga , missing her purpose and status in the world - as well as genuine feeling of emptiness and despair and lost hope - that she projects on the rest of the world, plus maybe her belief that the world is indeed dying without magic - that particular outburst was the only thing that could move Angel into giving in to her. Because he understands. He understands how the need to save the world - when nobody knows, believes you or understands your inner conviction - can overwhelm your good instincts. I am not sure he truly believes her at the moment - but maybe he is becoming to feel uncomfortable. Last time we saw him mention loss of magic with genuine concern was when they visited Alasdair Coames - but back then Faith shut him down with her - go back to my last 'not your fault' speech.

Add here my feeling that the Scythe is once again taking the center stage as an artifact of world-saving importance (?) I am quite curious if Saga Vasuki is going to surface in the Quar'Toth arc - or if she is only going to show up in Willow's mini. It is curious that Willow plans to 'soak up' in magic - to be able to bring it back to Earth Plane - supposedly to fix the Seed . Is this Dark Quar'Toth magic is going to turn her into 'something not human - not for a long time' - and is this how she is going to last 200+ years ?

Angel and Faith dynamics in this issue is interesting. I re-read the entire first arc of the A&F to remind myself where they started : Faith have gone from trying to rehabilitate catatonic Angel into being 'useful member of society' again, to 'nothing I did helped him - it was this idea(RE: resurrecting Giles) that brought him out of staring into the wall drooling state', to let's try to fix it all in a snap of fingers fashion - turn Angel human and drag him out of this obsessive quest so he can cut himself some slack, to 'I don't want any of these responsibilities - I can't even handle my own pain - I need to remove it!', to finally 'I cannot handle the guy who does not even trust me enough to tell me about his son's situation - because he obviously does not consider me part of his family'. Mind that we had various minor characters impressing the idea of 'Angel needs to be stopped before his obsessive quest turns into something awful' onto Faith - it have been almost as annoying as every secondary character pestering Angel and Cordelia with 'you are destined to be with each other' spiels, or every kindly demon/police officer telling Spike -'you love her - go do something about it'. Funnily enough, in Whedon's stories this obsessive ideas usually turn out into something of the opposite - so while I appreciate Alasdair, Vinny and Willow all pushing Faith into the same direction - of mistrusting Angel with his ability not to turn Giles' resurrection into a horrible disaster with major bad consequences - I somehow suspect that this is the vibe that the audience is supposed to get - and therefore that it is if not exactly a mislead than maybe a misdirection. Add Allie's increasing pitch of 'they are going to be at odds' and 'might be a narcissistic disaster in the making' and you cannot blame me for being extra skeptical - especially after the robo-Buffy scandal.

So, I stick to my prediction that Angel's plan probably involves self-destruction in the process of restoring Giles - and that's why he is not worried about the price being too much - there is not higher price one can pay - even Willow did not plan to kill herself while bringing Buffy back - she only killed a baby deer. And inadvertently - created the biggest misbalance in the verse's history that resulted in First Evil power grab attempt , which in turn led to Slayer empowerment spell, which in turn led to awakening of Twilight. (Bwa-ha-ha. )

Angel-Connor dynamics - kind of lame. I do understand lack of desire for further heart-break here - but really ? Muffins is enough to heal a year and a half missing father situation? I console myself with the fact that Connor quick jump into action routine was his payback to Angel. In a sense that Connor wants to get back to the place where he and Angel can share a world-saving quest and be somewhat equals. Because the last time they managed to fix things between the two of them, they were in Hell. Naturally the kid now thinks that Hell (or at the very least - the Hell dimension) is the only place where he can have his father close by and actually act like a father.

Finally the 'retcon' controversy. Honestly - I am not interested in discussing this. I know the 'You ever try finishing a sentence when Buffy's worked up?' line is Joss personal joke produced on either the writer's summit , or when Gage/Allie asked him about the controversy ( with Angel supposedly planning to 'destroy the world with everybody still in it').

Let me count the things that went wrong with fandom's interpretation so far that are being repeated so many times that in the end folks who keep repeating them started to believe its canon:

Angel planned to destroy the world so he can wax in paradise with Buffy . Not true! Angel did not plan to destroy the world - the world was 'out of balance' as per after Slayer empowerment Spell the Twilight prophecy was on the brink of being fulfilled. The dream of the new Universe was haunting the old Universe and urging its own birth. It was not Angel's plan to begin with - it could not have been Angel's plan - because it was old Universe's plan of finishing itself and new Universe's plan of birthing itself . Angel was as much a tool of the prophecy as Buffy. (And if you want to blame anybody - blame Joss - he is the mind behind the plan.)

Angel shifting the blame on Buffy when he said she was not letting him finish a sentence. The blame for what - not listening to him? He is not shifting anything- because once he made the decision to go back with her - it was his decision. If Angel was not capable of explaining himself properly to her while in Twilight - it was all his fault and he accepted it. The fellow was never much of a speaker - and Buffy has a way of wrapping him around her little finger anyhow. Analyzing the #35 content down to every line here is not much of a help - in essence it still boils down to them two having a discussion over whether to continue with shaping the new Universe and evolution of the new world - or returning back to the old world right now and unmaking the Rapture they have caused. Whether Angel was right and he was capable creating a new world without fighting and bringing everybody over into it - or not - the point remains moot - because Buffy convinced him to abandon the evolution and go back to this and now. I am not taking sides here - as I suspect that World of Eternal Peace is an utopia anyway, maybe even anti-utopia. The fact is - Angel was seduced by the idea - when confronted with the alternative of Eternal Hell instead.

Angel playing God. He was not playing it - he was God. You cannot play being Omni-potent being when you are being put into position of being Omni-potent - without asking your consent. ( I am speaking of the plane-saving episode after Angel crashing through Hollywood sign.)

white avenger

white avenger
Back to A&F#11 - it changes the global situation drastically. According to the issue, the destruction of the Seed destroyed all creative forces on Earth; suicide rates are growing, people are losing hope, and it's getting worse with every passing day.

On one hand, Angel's line: "Once we'd given the Twilight universe form, I was going to bring everyone over" - blatantly contradicts the events of #35. Angel was "given the Twilight universe form" on the last panel of #34. And in #35 he explicitly talked about himself and Buffy staying there.

It seems very strange to me that the one person who has lost the most from the expulsion of magic from the universe is the only one who apparently notices this global crisis involving a loss of creative force, increased suicides and the loss of hope. Could it possibly be that it is Willow herself, and others like her, whose lives wee devoted to the study and practice of magic, are the ones feeling all this despair, while the rest of the world remains as ignorant of the absence of magic and its implications as they were of magic itself when it actually did exist? That seems far more logical to me. Willow has suffered a great loss, a loss even greater than Tara's death. Magic has been the very core of her existence for years, it is her main source of purpose in the world. But just because she SEES it as the world coming to an end doesn't necessarily make it true.

And as for Angel's new revelation about plans to "bring everyone over," I feel that I must point out that this is the same man who, in "The Girl In Question" told Spike that he "signaled Buffy with (his) eyes," thereby MAKING her send him to hell in order to save the world. The man is either totally delusional, or he thinks that everyone else must be if he expects anyone to ever believe a whopper that big.

Black Eye Guy
Black Eye Guy
That was clearly a joke...

Icarium

Scooby
It seems very strange to me that the one person who has lost the most from the expulsion of magic from the universe is the only one who apparently notices this global crisis involving a loss of creative force, increased suicides and the loss of hope.

Actually Connor noticed it too. And yes, it makes no sense for Willow to not mention this to Buffy or for nobody but her and Connor to notice this "loss of hope" but I would go with bad writing as an explanation rather than Willow lying or being deluded.

Hale Caesar

Sunnydale Nerd
And as for Angel's new revelation about plans to "bring everyone over," I feel that I must point out that this is the same man who, in "The Girl In Question" told Spike that he "signaled Buffy with (his) eyes," thereby MAKING her send him to hell in order to save the world. The man is either totally delusional, or he thinks that everyone else must be if he expects anyone to ever believe a whopper that big.

He was just bantering with Spike. It was a joke. Their egos were clashing. It was meant to be funny. Not everything needs to be taken literally, you should try understand things in context.

janas
janas
[No message]
T
The Scourge
[No message]

white avenger

white avenger
you should try understand things in context.

I DID take both statements in context. Both were denials of facts established by canon. Angel could no more have "signaled Buffy with his eyes" than he could have "brought (the entire population of the universe) over," unless he somehow believed that he would have the power of a god in the Twilightverse, and that was not ever any part of his role there, as he was plainly told from the very beginning. Angel was to be the Adam to Buffy's Eve. TWILIGHT was to be God, and it had already said that ONLY Buffy and Angel would be spared in order to start a new race. Even if Angel intended the "others" to only mean a select few, presumably his and Buffy's friends, that still leave a helluva lot of people still left behind in an imploding universe.

I fully realize that Angel's statement to Spike was intended merely for its comedic content in the situation, but his statement to Willow was just as surely a pure statement of fantasy and a total impossibly on his part. At the most charitable, saying that he could somehow have saved anyone when it was totally contrary to the entire plan from the beginning was included there just as much for comedic value as anything that he ever said to Spike.

ladydorotea

Scooby
I DID take both statements in context.

No you did not. Because taking the joke about 'signaling with my eyes' as a 'denial of canon' makes about as much sense as taking Spike's suggestion of 'keeping Buffy in a cage under a memory spell' for her own good seriously, and not as a smart-alec remark. Or taking the entire debate of astronauts vs caveman as a statement of philosophy and writing a meta on it - but I seen worse in this fandom so I suppose it is possible.

As for Angel's statement about his plan - the writing team consulted Joss and he issued a clarification - which Allie confirmed as being official. You might want it to be a lie, you might have decided it to be your head-canon lie - it does not make it so.

H
Hale Caesar
[No message]
janas
janas
[No message]
T
The Scourge
[No message]

Kairos

Joyous Rebel
Christos Gage, when asked about Angel 'playing God' in the Twilight universe, said that Angel essentially was a god at that point. That pretty much confirms it as part of the plan.

white avenger

white avenger
As for Angel's statement about his plan - the writing team consulted Joss and he issued a clarification - which Allie confirmed as being official. You might want it to be a lie, you might have decided it to be your head-canon lie - it does not make it so.

So then, Twilight's plan all along was to destroy the universe as it existed, but then transfer all of the people to its own, more perfect universe, so that they could reap the benefits of its benevolence and love. Sorry, I must have missed that part. I was probably thrown off by the "Angel and Buffy being the new Adam and Eve" thing, since Adam and Eve were the very first people in the original story, with only animals and God for companions. Or maybe I was somewhat misled by things like this:

The Master told the Scoobies, "Has she told you there's a place in her new world for you? No...She and Angelus will see you all dead." (Okay, I really shouldn't have believed the Master, cause it's a proven fact that he would climb a tree to tell a lie when he could stand on solid ground and tell the truth)

Angel himself when he tries to re-close the opening that Buffy had just made that led back to where her friends were fighting for their lives and pretty much losing, "They'll survive, they always do," (which most of them did, but only because super powered Buffy and super powered Angel stepped in to even up the odds) and then, "The only absolute is that the earth will end," (along with all of the people on the other side of the portal that he just attempted to close)

Buffy replies, "But today is different than later," so obviously I'm not the only one who thinks that the world, therefore all of the people, is in imminent danger of destruction. Buffy did, too

If the people were going to be saved, why were all of the Slayers and Initiative personnel killed, why was there a plot to kill thousands of children with demon infested dolls, and why was there that big climactic battle with all of the death and destruction? If Twilight's intent was always to help mankind, why didn't it just explain that rather than raising an army and waging war against Buffy and all of her allies?

It's Joss' world, and he has shown time and again that he has no hesitation about changing previously established history to suit the purpose of newer stories, so I guess that we are now going to have to accept the fact that Angel wasn't actually bonded with a nearly all powerful being bent on the destruction of mankind as we know it.

Maybe Joss had purposely planned all of this as the same kind of distraction as when he led everyone to believe that Spike really wanted his chip removed rather than the return of his soul. If so, this time, he totally fooled me. Luckily we finally had this big clarification in Season 9, otherwise I might have gone on seeing Angel as an unpunished mass murderer with delusions of godhood rather than someone who attempted to lead all of mankind into nirvana, but was thwarted by Buffy.

It will probably be revealed later in Season 9 that Giles, Wes, Joyce, Jenny, and Anya were actually only wounded, and are recovering and happy down in South America in that same facility where John and Bobby Kennedy, Elvis, and Bruce Lee have been living all these years. That'll be cool.

Or maybe that's going to be the main story line for Season 10.

(And please, folks, excuse the somewhat sarcastic rant. It's directed at Joss and his rather fluid interpretation of story line consistency, not at anyone here. Really. I swear on John Wayne's grave. If I'm lyin' I'm dyin.)

Dorotea
I stick to my prediction that Angel's plan probably involves self-destruction in the process of restoring Giles - and that's why he is not worried about the price being too much - there is not higher price one can pay.

In a realistic narrative - yes, there is no higher price. Buf Buffyverse is heroic epic. Death is a badge of honor here, easily fixed, especially if a character has that pesky protagonist privilege.
I know the 'You ever try finishing a sentence when Buffy's worked up?' line is Joss personal joke produced on either the writer's summit , or when Gage/Allie asked him about the controversy (with Angel supposedly planning to 'destroy the world with everybody still in it').

Interesting tidbit. Could you post a link?

Actually, it does sound like Joss. He loves subverting tragedies as jokes, and "I signalled her with my eyes" is another example of his creative retconning via genre mechanisms. If you can't really delve into it, spoof it.

It annoys me greatly - but I realise that it annoys me only because I'm diehard fan. We regard the characters as real people. As our brothers and sisters. While casual fans don't mind such retcons as long as the story is interesting and characters are likable.

P.S.
To me, debate of astronauts vs caveman is a statement of philosophy. The conclusion of the last Joss-penned AtS episode: "Cavemen win. Of course the cavemen win."

white avenger

I don't think we're supposed to take it that way. Color me cynical, but I think it was kind of a signal that writers plan to forget Twilight's global crimes and focus on Giles' killing. My impression is that right now writers adhere to Stalin's statement: "The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic."

ladydorotea

Scooby
So then, Twilight's plan all along was to destroy the universe as it existed, but then transfer all of the people to its own, more perfect universe, so that they could reap the benefits of its benevolence and love.

Hmm, the way I understand it there was no such thing as pure 'Twilight's plan' as in being devised solely by an entity called Twilight , then painstakingly put on paper and maybe later into Power Point.

Firstly there was a vague idea of how Universes reproduce - turns out by self-destruction and renewal ( evolution). So every new magical Universe has to gets its Seed from somewhere - therefore it hunts the old Universe that is ripe for plucking and tries to accelerate the evolution process. Or maybe it was a unique event somehow predicted by the prophecy. Once the conditions were 'fulfilled' : power shared, vampire loved - the stars were all arranged in order and the two Chosen ones picked.

Hence Angel gets picked up at the moment of his greatest despair (after witnessing the vision of the world going to Hell) and infused with Twilight power and a vision of the dying world - our world. Mind that he has to believe that the world is going to be destroyed and the only way out is to give in to evolution and create a new Universe. The fact that old Universe will be destroyed together will all the people never enters the equation at this point - Angel is just told by both Twilight visions and Whistler that not following with evolution means certain defeat, no future for anybody blah.

The Master told the Scoobies, "Has she told you there's a place in her new world for you? No...She and Angelus will see you all dead." (Okay, I really shouldn't have believed the Master, cause it's a proven fact that he would climb a tree to tell a lie when he could stand on solid ground and tell the truth)

Angel himself when he tries to re-close the opening that Buffy had just made that led back to where her friends were fighting for their lives and pretty much losing, "They'll survive, they always do," (which most of them did, but only because super powered Buffy and super powered Angel stepped in to even up the odds) and then, "The only absolute is that the earth will end," (along with all of the people on the other side of the portal that he just attempted to close)

The fact that Master even mentions the possibility ( of people brought over) clearly means that Buffy and Angel are quite capable of doing this - at least from Master's perspective - his jibe was not about this being impossible - rather about it being not in the plans.

It appears also that Angel firmly believes that the world is going to end - and that the way out of this dilemma is to shape the new Universe into something liveable - and then they can start bringing people over. And the fact is that Angel is as clearly surprised and confused with what is happening down there as is Buffy - meaning he definitely did not plan *that*. He thought they would have time - to shape the new dimension.

Buffy replies, "But today is different than later," so obviously I'm not the only one who thinks that the world, therefore all of the people, is in imminent danger of destruction. Buffy did, too

And so Angel gives up the plan to shape the new world and goes back with her. Blink. Meaning the moment he realized she is right and the people might all perish before they are done with their world shaping - he joins with her.

If the people were going to be saved, why were all of the Slayers and Initiative personnel killed, why was there a plot to kill thousands of children with demon infested dolls, and why was there that big climactic battle with all of the death and destruction? If Twilight's intent was always to help mankind, why didn't it just explain that rather than raising an army and waging war against Buffy and all of her allies?

Which of Twilights are we talking about? If you mean Twilight as in winged green lion - personification of the new Universe - it was not really interested in anything but being born and getting a soul - aka Seed. It did not seem to care about people one way or another as it was a personification of the Big Bang - natural force of renewal born from the dreams of the old verse. Walking talking metaphor, you know. Rapture personified.

If you mean Angel - he was riding the tide of the war that already started as well. Buffy and Co rob that bank - bang - the government forms special anti-Slayer-army force that starts recruiting demons - 'you are in war with humanity'. Start of the global conflict and conflagration. Enters the mystical force and urges Angel to go masked and direct the conflict in the direction that would fulfill the prophecy - enters Whistler and comments that either you do just that or we are all doomed.

It's Joss' world, and he has shown time and again that he has no hesitation about changing previously established history to suit the purpose of newer stories, so I guess that we are now going to have to accept the fact that Angel wasn't actually bonded with a nearly all powerful being bent on the destruction of mankind as we know it.

I think the history as is was already way more complicated than what you described. Joss stories are always messy mythology -wise - and S8 was no exception - but there was never a clear cut between black hats and white hats in S8 as it was in pre-comic seasons. If you want a story that comes close in its nihilistic, dark and somewhat humorous approach to the 'needs of humanity vs needs of the Elder Powers' - see the Cabin in the Woods.

Maybe Joss had purposely planned all of this as the same kind of distraction as when he led everyone to believe that Spike really wanted his chip removed rather than the return of his soul.

I was never a specialist in Spike-lore, but I think you are getting the vibe here.

It will probably be revealed later in Season 9 that Giles, Wes, Joyce, Jenny, and Anya were actually only wounded, and are recovering and happy down in South America in that same facility where John and Bobby Kennedy, Elvis, and Bruce Lee have been living all these years. That'll be cool.

No, I am pretty sure they are all dead.

H
Hale Caesar
[No message]

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
There is a funny typo. Faith: "Listen, Angel and Connor aren't exactly on "take your son to work" terms. Angel's been ducking his calls like he's a drunk hookup. Which I told him is being a tool..." Apparently, the writers meant "fool", not "tool" - but maybe it was a Freudian slip?

That's not a typo. Tool means...like calling someone a dumbass or loser.

I HATED Willow in this issue. She is so holier-than-thou it's disgusting. She acts like she's never made a mistake in her life. Ugh, it's awful to even have to read her.

Buffyverse Fan

* The 28th *
Sineya
Based on Gunn telling Angel he already knows what's going on with Lorne, does that mean Joss & the Dark Horse team are sticking to IDW's 2010 Music of the Spheres?

Top Bottom