• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Discussion of Angel & Faith 10.19 "A Little More Than Kin, Part I" - Released 10/7/15

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
While Faith and Fred are still reeling from their unresolved encounter with Drusilla, Angel returns to Magic Town . . . and brings a Big Bad along with him!

Source: Wikipedia

Samuel Reyes

Chilling in SunnyD
There wasn't enough Faith but I liked the Fred-Angel interaction, as well as Illyria's surprise appearance near the beginning. Overall the issue felt more like a placeholder, though (which is understandable, considering it's basically a buildup to the Faith-Drusilla smackdown).

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
A nice set up for the arc. Some...clarification of the ongoing Buffy plot (I think I missed the importance of that magic box-item) and a few god character exchanges. It's hard to think of Archeaus as an overwhelming threat because of the presence of Illria and Koh but still, there is a sense of building tension here, what with vampires attacking the local bar and (trying) to go after innocents like Fred.
Presumably the evil scheme involves that (clearly demonic and spooky) statue from last issue and Nadira's link to Magic Town.

I'm still not sold on the 'English' sounding dialogue. Some of it was a bit 'cor, blimey' and as far as I know nobody says 'Boyo' except folks from the West country/Wales.

But I did like the (not so subtle) emphasis that Faith will be getting a bit more invested in the fight to come, what with that barman appealing to both her and Angel to help. The upcoming smackdown with Drusilla should be something to see.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
It's annoying me that Faith is using Brit-isms. She's not British, she wouldn't say "ring" instead of call or "Left Coast" instead of West Coast.

I just figured out who Koh reminds me of - Worf from Star Trek TNG lol

Top Bottom