• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Discussion of Angel & Faith 10.20 "A Little More Than Kin, Part II" - Released 11/4/15

gite63

Gone
Sineya
Angel & Faith Season 10 #20 A Little More Than Kin Part Two - already available at GooglePlay!

HERE

Awesome issue - for the first time in this season I can say that.

Nadira - she is a Slayer, after all - but still got her ass kicked; the Magic Town really is an important character this season. Archaeus in his whole glory (he seems still more frightening), and Dru getting scolded because she hasn't got yet that statue from Mary's father. Angel, Faith, Fred (without the appearance of "Hulk" Illyria, thank God), Koh kicking some vampire asses and working with Brandt to find out Archaeus's lair (with the help of the aunts). And even Basset Hounds (I miss mine) are cited in this issue!

Last edited by a moderator:

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Writer: Victor Gischler Penciller: Will Conrad

Angel, Faith, and Fred have only just begun to delve into the plans that Drusilla and the Big Bad Archaeus have made for London’s Magic Town. With Nadira in danger and so many unknowns—including how to fight against this demon that is literally a part of Angel, Drusilla, and Spike—the team has to quickly gain distance on a long road . . .

Source: Wikipedia

gite63

Gone
Sineya
I read it again, and I was thinking that Drusilla will end up being killed neither by Angel, nor by Spike, but by Archaeus - the vamp can't do anything right.

She had a gang of vampires - the students from St. Cuthbert's - and Faith and Koh killed them all. In this issue, Nadira killed another bunch of vampires that were working for Dru. Besides, she hasn't succeeded in taking that statue from Mary's father. Archaeus is pissed.

vellavu

Scooby
Black Thorn
- Nadira bored me to death again.

- Drusilla devolved into Buffy S1 Luke/Darla.

- Why should Fred be dragged into battle so many times? Well this is my complaint to AtS show as well. The writers don't know what to do with her to give her enough screentime so they fill in random fighting scenes for her.

- Are the followers of Drusilla supposed to be new vampires? They lost their shapeshifting powers conveniently.

Samuel Reyes

Chilling in SunnyD
Nadira bored me to death again.

Yeah, she's nothing more than a plot device. I honestly never liked her that much to begin with; too much like Kennedy.

Drusilla devolved into Buffy S1 Luke/Darla.

Yep, same sycophantic servant who can't please her Master.

Why should Fred be dragged into battle so many times? Well this is my complaint to AtS show as well. The writers don't know what to do with her to give her enough screentime so they fill in random fighting scenes for her.

Really? I thought that was something BTVS could have improved on -- give its female characters aside from Buffy more fight time.

I still enjoyed the issue, though -- one of the best in recent memory.

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
Is it just me or were some of the interactions here really cheesy? I'm sure there was a bit where Angel and Faith were shaking hands / fist bumping and calling each other partner. It didn't look or sound like something they'd be doing at all.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
I've always liked Nadira, so I really enjoyed her going back to her slayer roots. Dru is being too much like Darla was with the Master, though maybe that makes sense. Especially if he is controlling her.

I thought this one felt very Angel though.

Top Bottom