• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Discussion of Angel & Faith 10.22 "A Tale of Two Families, Part II" - Released 1/06/16 (Dark Horse)

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
My take on the risky or reckless angle is that saving the world, slaying etc. really has to be considered as a results business. If your plan gets the job done then you chalk it up as victory and move on. If it all goes wrong however then that's the time to really pull apart the plan and count the casualties. I think it's worth remembering though that most of the risky plans are made when time is very limited, stakes are high and other options are thin on the ground. Also if you're going to be in the world saving business then you've got to back yourself and your team to pull through in sticky situations otherwise the doubt will get you all killed anyway.

As for the issue itself, it was alright. I liked some of Koh's lines. I think I need to read it alongside the rest of the arc, it just felt a bit flat for some reason.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
The fist bump between Fred and Koh was ridiculous. Also, why would Dru fight with a sword? And I am very disappointed at the oh so predictable Angel is faking thing.

Other than that, I like the Faith et al-Dru battle, and that Nadira doesn't trust the magick anymore.

And why didn't Archeaus turn Nadira into a vampire?
Maybe there's a chance that would break her connection to Magic Town?

As for the whole "rescue Nadira" plan - I feel like Faith wanted to rush in there immediately, and Angel said wait. And they did, and then when the time was right and the plan as solid as it was going to get, then they acted. I didn't read it that Angel was pressured into going to get Nadira. I read it like he reined Faith in on it.

gite63

Gone
Sineya
As for the whole "rescue Nadira" plan - I feel like Faith wanted to rush in there immediately, and Angel said wait. And they did, and then when the time was right and the plan as solid as it was going to get, then they acted. I didn't read it that Angel was pressured into going to get Nadira. I read it like he reined Faith in on it.
Angel didn't have much faith on it...

I'm glad the plan actually worked. We got lucky.

And Faith seems to agree with him; she says sarcastically

I prefer to think it was the deft execution of an excellent plan. But I never turn down a little luck when it comes along.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
To me, that just means they weren't overconfident going in.
Exactly. :)
Verbalising doubts doesn't mean that they had no confidence in their plan, or that they were overly reckless (just like 'believing' doesn't mean 'nothing can go wrong'...)- they were simply voicing their doubts.
Faith's first instinct was to save her friend, Angel reigned her in, they argued/talked, then they went back inside and thought of a plan. A plan with risks (like any dramatic Buffyverse plan) but not in the same league as some that've been shown in the comics thus far.

Top Bottom