• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Discussion of Angel & Faith 10.23 "A Tale of Two Families, Part III" - Released 2/03/16 (Dark Horse)

gite63

Gone
Sineya
Writer: Victor Gischler
Penciller: Will Conrad

Archaeus attempts to lure the magic of Magic Town into the dysfunctional family he's building. But the sentient magic is young, erratic, and a danger to everyone. The team must come together to stop the Big Bad and his malicious plans, but to be a cohesive unit they'll have to learn to trust each other first.

Source: Wikipedia

gite63

Gone
Sineya
Good issue.

No big surprise – Brandt's fate was obvious; a good character that will be missed. What a waste!

The Magic now inhabits the big statue and is acting like a scared teenager – again, nothing that we haven't already known. It grabbed in his huge hands a very cute dog – Dimples – and all the time I was thinking that the poor pooch would be killed in a horrible way, as it happens in almost every horror/suspense/crime movie.

I hope they give more details about the statue, how and why it works as a vessel etc. And why Mary was so important to Archaeus – was just because her father had the statue under his responsibility? Why was it so necessary for her to be turned (task Drusilla failed miserable)?

Archaeus – he had the audacity of blaming Drusilla for not sensing “Angel's ruse”! He, a Lord Demon, didn't, and he wanted that poor Drusilla had unmasked Angel... she was better when she was alone, or even when her "daddy" was Angelus, because no matter what she does, this daddy doesn't get happy.

Another conversation between Angel and Faith, reinforcing their partnership, their trust on each other: they know each other very well by now - like Buffy and Spike on the other side of the Atlantic.

Nadira senses the Magic and she, Fred and Koh go and rescue the dog :) - and a man who was about to be crushed by it. Of course, in the middle of the brawl, Fred gets stressed – and Illyria pops out. Things will get ugly.

vellavu

Scooby
Black Thorn
The dialogue between Faith and Angel is great. The rest, on the other hand...

The plot becomes a combination game!

A formula of writing:
1. Fred/Illyria morphing back and forth (2-4 pages).
2. Randomly regrouping the Angel Investigation cardboards into two different squads, A and B (2-4 pages).
3. Angel or Faith wandering to a place alone and fight (4-6 pages).
4. Big Bad HQ (4-6 pages).
5. Group A fighting (4-6 pages).
6. Group B to the rescue (2-4 pages).
7. A cliffhanger (1 page).

You randomly pick some from 1-7, adding up, repeat, until the total page number reaches 24(25). Work complete!

thetopher
thetopher
Yeah, a bit fomulaic.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
I felt like Brandt's death was a bit anticlimactic. Also kind of got a Frankenstein's monster vibe out of the statue.

Not much else happened this issue, though I did get a feeling that Dru is going to betray Archaeus lol

gite63

Gone
Sineya
Not much else happened this issue, though I did get a feeling that Dru is going to betray Archaeus lol
Maybe she will - Angel and Spike got freed of Archaeus's control because they have souls; Dru could be freed by her craziness... or her sighting...

vellavu

Scooby
Black Thorn
Will Koh fight Illyria each time she emerges because of his code?

Top Bottom