• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Discussion of Angel & Faith 10.24 "A Tale of Two Families, Part IV" - Released 3/02/16 (Dark Horse)

gite63

Gone
Sineya
Writer: Victor Gischler
Penciller: Will Conrad

Magic Town is being overrun by Big Bad Archaeus’s vampire family. His plot to take complete control hinges on one thing—whether or not the sentient magic will join him. Angel, Faith, and their team are ready for the challenge!

Source: Wikipedia

gite63

Gone
Sineya
Goodish issue...

They all made speeches to lure the big toy in town for their respective side - Angel, Faith, Koh, Fred-Hulk oops Illyria, the sisters x Archaeus, Drusilla and a really big vampire family, but the Magic still hasn't made its decision; the whole issue happened in the square where the statue was put initially.

Koh finally gave up his vengeance mode and made a beautiful speech about trust and friendship to Illyria, while Nadira keeps saying over and over that the Magic is just afraid (which is getting tiresome), and Faith poked some holes in Archaeus, with no consequences.

And next month, we will have the last issue...

I really hope that we will have more than: Magic Town chooses Nadira's side, they kill Archaeus and his newborn family easily, and Drusilla escapes.

Last edited:

Samuel Reyes

Chilling in SunnyD
Koh talking Illyria down had shades of Xander and Willow.

I also liked the little callback to the Angel series finale: "You take the five hundred on the left, I'll take the five hundred on the right."

Last edited:

vellavu

Scooby
Black Thorn
The only good part is that Koh abandoned his vengeance cleanly. The rest are either random or plain bad.
  • When Drusilla led hundreds of vamps to be close to Archeaus, none of the gang noticed.
  • Illyria's word of choice came from AtS's poetry, through After the Fall's wooden speech, finally to A&F's illiteracy.
  • They really should collect some submachine guns from the police station when killing Brandt. Goddess, even Wesley had a rifle.
  • The cover has nothing to do with the contents.
  • The info dump is apparent and boring, but still much better than the last issue of Buffy.

white avenger

white avenger
They really should collect some submachine guns from the police station when killing Brandt. Goddess, even Wesley had a rifle
Wesley had, at various times, rifles, shotguns, and handguns. He could do that in the United States because of the rights of private citizens to possess firearms. Where Angel is currently living, that is next to impossible.

(And, no, this isn't a debate over the 2nd Amendment, it's just an explanation of why Angel's arsenal is so poorly supplied. The boy obeys the law, and the law says "No guns." Add to that, he's not and English citizen, which would make it even more difficult to obtain firearms, and I seriously doubt that the London Police, even if they have machine guns, would be in the habit of loaning them to civilians)

vellavu

Scooby
Black Thorn
Wesley had, at various times, rifles, shotguns, and handguns. He could do that in the United States because of the rights of private citizens to possess firearms. Where Angel is currently living, that is next to impossible.
Somehow I don't believe the Magic Town still has human's law any more. I think even cannons and missiles can be used there.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
I feel like Illyria is too boasting without backing it up. On the show, she backed it up lol. And this feels so Glory to me.

I liked Koh, and I think he's got a little soft spot for Fred :D

Other than that...liked Dru showing up. That's pretty much all that happened. I'm not that keen on the whole Magic Town, and magic becoming a "person" or whatever thing, but I'm interested to see how it plays out next issue.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
The one line Dru said made me LOL
"I do so love it when he helps accidentally. It makes his face go all scrunchy with confusion."

gite63

Gone
Sineya
:eek:

I really hope that we will have more than: Magic Town chooses Nadira's side, they kill Archaeus and his newborn family easily, and Drusilla escapes.
And that's what exactly happens.

Top Bottom