• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Discussion of Angel & Faith 9.07 "Daddy Issues part 2"-Released 02/29/12 (Dark Horse)

Abby27

Potential
I think this issue is good, not amazing, but also not bad. It's cool to see Drusilla back, and sane! I am trying to figure out how she sounds, now that she doesn't have that wistful sort of "checked out" tone, I keep referring back to the end of "What's My Line" when she lifts Spike out the broken organ. It's an interesting concept to have the lorophage demons perform these lobotomies of sorts. But in general, I am still very weary of a world with vampires and demons that play by "Harmony's Rules" and Dru's justification that she does it because she is comfortable doesn't appease me fully.

Ummm...what's with Angel's new nipple ring? :jaw_drop:

So it is supposed to be the Tooth of Ammut. And it devours bits of souls. It has a couple parts of Giles' soul already and because it is fused with Angel's flesh, sometimes those parts manifest in Angel. I really do not get this at all. It seems like a weird concept to begin with. And it leaves a ton of quesions: how did Angel get this, it seems pretty powerful to capture bits of someone's soul? Why does he want fused with his flesh? Why did he chose to make it a nipple ring? How did he get those parts of Giles' soul? What does it mean for a soul to be in parts? Is that why he can't just use to an orb of thesula to capture Giles' soul? Hoping we get some answers in the next issues.

Eh, the the trope of a loved one coming back in your life thinking they've changed but they are really just using you for something is a bit overdone but I am interested to see what Faith's dad wants. What was he holding at the end? A crystal ball? An orb of thesula?

Overall, it moved the story along, but the whole Tooth of Ammut really threw me off. Not that I think nipple rings are weird, but it is totally weird for Angel to have one.

cordangel

Potential
I think this entire plot - Angel recollecting pieces of Giles' soul is suicidal, disturbing and sick.

I said that before, I'll say it again: DH has completely lost Angel. I don't recognize him anymore.

strawberryeve

Townie
It's cool to see Drusilla back, and sane! I am trying to figure out how she sounds, now that she doesn't have that wistful sort of "checked out" tone, I keep referring back to the end of "What's My Line" when she lifts Spike out the broken organ.

Ummm...what's with Angel's new nipple ring? :jaw_drop:

So it is supposed to be the Tooth of Ammut. And it devours bits of souls. It has a couple parts of Giles' soul already and because it is fused with Angel's flesh, sometimes those parts manifest in Angel. I really do not get this at all. It seems like a weird concept to begin with. And it leaves a ton of quesions: how did Angel get this, it seems pretty powerful to capture bits of someone's soul? Why does he want fused with his flesh? Why did he chose to make it a nipple ring? How did he get those parts of Giles' soul? What does it mean for a soul to be in parts? Is that why he can't just use to an orb of thesula to capture Giles' soul? Hoping we get some answers in the next issues.

Eh, the the trope of a loved one coming back in your life thinking they've changed but they are really just using you for something is a bit overdone but I am interested to see what Faith's dad wants. What was he holding at the end? A crystal ball? An orb of thesula?

Overall, it moved the story along, but the whole Tooth of Ammut really threw me off. Not that I think nipple rings are weird, but it is totally weird for Angel to have one.

Haha! I found myself trying to "hear" Drusilla too! I figure she sounds the same and has the same dramatic and lilting speech as usual just a bit more direct and confident. I don't know. I'm still undecided about this whole sanity thing anyway - I don't really get it, or buy it, but I'll play along for now. I love the comics either way.

The whole nipple ring completely threw me, but kinda hot - I like how they played a little sexual tension into the Drusilla and Angel scenes.

I think the whole thing with Faith's dad is a little predictable and I'm trying to remember what they said about Faith's father in past seasons because I don't recall her ever saying anything. I guess Faith needs her own conflict to deal with while Angel broods?
All in all a good issue :D

Hale Caesar

Sunnydale Nerd
A great issue, I loved the exchange between Drusilla and Angel. The story with Faith's dad was very predictable, I saw that one coming. Can't wait for next issue though!

wickedtiger86

Scooby
Sineya
Just read this one. And I did really like it.

Liked Dru and her scenes with Angel were completely interesting. Angel is getting intense and more than a little desperate with trying to bring Giles back.

I don't want to see Faith get hurt, but I think that's the only way this story with her dad can go. Which makes me sad.

VisionGirl

Newly Human
Sineya
I guess I forgot to comment on this. You know, this season started out with me liking Angel & Faith better than Buffy, but now it's a bit turned around for me. I'm not finding much character development in A&F while in Buffy there's a WHOLE lot of that going on. And really, none of us wants to see broody Angel for an entire season. As I've said many, many times before, the rest of the Angel cast really balanced that out for him and without them, it's just not good for Angel. While I do like the Angel & Faith dynamic, it's just not enough for me.

But Angel with body piercings?! Um, er... I'll be in my bunk.

Black Eye Guy

Taking over the World!
Black Thorn
Yeah the Faith story is so generic, and has been done so many times now!

Loved seeing Dru back and sane, awesome twist!

I'm wondering though could there have been bad intentions behind wanting to help Angel?
Like if the demon removed his guilt, presumably Angel would be happy which would release Angelus agin?
Dru would know Angelus would never stand for these new rules, and has always seemed to like being part of a gang, worshipers aside I'd imagine she'd prefer Angelus back?

Top Bottom