• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of Angel & Spike #10 - Released 3/25/20 (Boom! Studios)

TriBel

Scooby
@Priceless Have to agree, it's better than Season 12.

😄I'm not sure where to go with that (given this is a family friendly board) 🤣 so I'll just say *sharp intake of breath* Setting the bar low.

Priceless
Priceless
I thought you were reclaiming Season 12 :)

Angel6

Potential
@Priceless Have to agree, it's better than Season 12.

* Setting the bar low.
For me DarkHorse set the bar really low right the way from Season 8 and they never produced anything that deserved to be considered canon. I think it’s better than anything DarkHorse did since the original ‘ring of fire’ !

Priceless

Scooby
I absolutely love some of Dark Horse comics. Have you read Angel and Faith Season 9? I think you'd enjoy it.

Angel6
Angel6
Yes I’ve read them all, that’s the only series I find ‘ok’. I still just think the arts awful.

Angel6

Potential
I absolutely love some of Dark Horse comics. Have you read Angel and Faith Season 9? I think you'd enjoy it.
AND (following on from my comment) it follows on from the awful Twilight arc, so I’m coming to if from a real low in terms of the writing.

Priceless

Scooby
AND (following on from my comment) it follows on from the awful Twilight arc, so I’m coming to if from a real low in terms of the writing.
I get criticised for this, but the more I read Season 8, the more I like it. I thought Angel & Faiths Season 9 is one of the best seasons of the Comicverse. The characters work really well together, there is a season long arc, so the story moves forward all the time, and we get a real insight into Faith especially, but Angel too.

Angel6
Angel6
I do agree that A+F Season 9 is the best of the bunch, and I’m really glad you enjoy the DH stuff !

TriBel

Scooby
For me DarkHorse set the bar really low right the way from Season 8 and they never produced anything that deserved to be considered canon. I think it’s better than anything DarkHorse did since the original ‘ring of fire’ !
I prefer the artwork in IDW but otherwise I don't really have a problem with the DH comics - I can follow the logic through to the end of 11 - for me, they're, philosophically speaking, pretty consistent with the show. What I have problems reconciling is S12 (and nothing to do with Spuffy). What I can't get my head round is a) Buffy becoming "Law" (has an ominous ring to it) and Gandrew being the new Watchers Council. Similarly, when I bother to think about it, Twilight can be inferred from a) Angel's relationship with his father; b) the model of history he represents and c) his Catholicism. I don't have a problem with it - except for the curled up toes in the artwork *shudder*. @Priceless - I hate Tom Ellis's toes. I think I have foot phobia. 🙄

Priceless
Priceless
I thought you loved every ounce of Ellis, now I learn his toes are a turn off, I'm shocked!
Angel6
Angel6
Each time to their own I guess!
Top Bottom