• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of Angel & Spike #14 - Released 9/23/20 (Boom! Studios)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Detective Kate Lockley is getting pulled further into Angel's supernatural world, but may have a connection to his violent past that neither of ever expected! Meanwhile, Fred taps into a dangerous new magic... and that may just be part of Wolfram & Hart's master plan.

Source: Comixology

Priceless

Scooby
Here's the preview. Personally I'm not a fan of the overly dramatic inner monologue.

Priceless

Scooby
Angel & Spike is still a fun read. It takes a few odd turns, with Gunn being desperate to hunt down the motw then turning on Angel for forgetting Fred, something he himself did when he thought the motw was a baddie from his past. Spike is still the comedy turn, which is fine, because he's written with heart too. Angel and Kate have a thing now. Fred is still possessed and at W&H killing on their behalf. And Oz is here. Not sure if he's going to become a member of the gang but it's nice to see him.

Some great lines about W&H writing the Presidents speeches, Spike's into leather daddies (don't judge), some good sniping between Spike and Angel and Spike is written as very English which I like. Lilith was in two panels, which is two too many, but bearable. What is her purpose? But on the whole this is a really good issue and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.

DeadlyDuo
DeadlyDuo
What are leather daddies?

Angel6

Potential
So Wolf Oz is HUGE! I agree overwhelmingly melodramatic opening salve from Angel. Spike and Angels dynamic still the strong point of the book. I think the art style fits well in a horror-esque book but I do miss a little more resemblance to DB et al, poor old Kate looks far more mannish than I remember Elizabeth Rohm ever looking!

Priceless

Scooby
So they've made Spike gay?
I think that's the subtext . . . he was with Dru to start with, so he's more bi than gay. There was a hint at a Spike/Cordy attraction in the Buffy comic. Boom have a scattergun approach, giving everyone what they want. We've already had an 'alt universe' issue that had Buffy and Cordy as a couple. Wait long enough and every ship will happen in these comics.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I think that's the subtext . . . he was with Dru to start with, so he's more bi than gay. There was a hint at a Spike/Cordy attraction in the Buffy comic. Boom have a scattergun approach, giving everyone what they want. We've already had an 'alt universe' issue that had Buffy and Cordy as a couple. Wait long enough and every ship will happen in these comics.
Glad I stopped reading these comics.

Angel6
Angel6
Angel and Spike has been great from the get go. You’d like it I reckon. Classic Spike.

Angel6

Potential
So they've made Spike gay?
Just in reference to this it’s just a silly little throwaway jokey line, it was very in character. Taken out of context it sounds weird but it’s the sort of thing you can imagine him saying.

Gingerbread

Townie
I’m very excited to see Oz in the Boom! universe, can’t wait to see what his journey will be. Love this rendering of the werewolf - quite happy we left the apeish TV aesthetic behind.
Spike is easily the best thing about this, but that’s often been the way with Spike in every version. And in terms of his reference to saunas and leather daddies - I don’t think Spike has ever been the type to label himself. I’ve personally always been of the opinion that Angel and Spike slept together at least once in the last few centuries - both shows implied it once or twice, but the 90s/early 00s weren’t quite ready for it.

Top Bottom