• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of Angel & Spike #15 - Released 10/28/20 (Boom! Studios)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Wolfram & Hart has been meddling in the lives of Team Angel, and the cracks are starting to show. As Fred wrestles for control over her new dark magic, Angel is too distracted by his connection with Detective Kate Lockley — and her mysterious connection to his past — to see it.

Source: Buffyverse Wiki

Priceless

Scooby
This is an odd issue. Everyone has someone else inside them battling for supremacy. Fred was taken over by Baphomet and now there's another voice in her head telling her she's good. Oz has a wolf inside him. Kate is a reincarnation of Angel's great lost love (or something) and their romantic conversations are really cringey. As usual Spike comes out of this the best, he's got the funny lines, he's a wolf whisperer and he's trying to stop Kate and Angel getting together.

The art is pretty bad, the worst I've seen in an Angel & Spike comic. The characterisation of Oz weird, he's played for laughs and talks far too much. The whole story is odd and I'm not a fan of either the art or the writing.

TriBel

Scooby
This is an odd issue. Everyone has someone else inside them battling for supremacy. Fred was taken over by Baphomet and now there's another voice in her head telling her she's good. Oz has a wolf inside him. Kate is a reincarnation of Angel's great lost love (or something) and their romantic conversations are really cringey. As usual Spike comes out of this the best, he's got the funny lines, he's a wolf whisperer and he's trying to stop Kate and Angel getting together.
Far be it from me to argue (given I haven't read a single issue) but this description's attracted me to A&S rather than put me off it. 🤔

The art is pretty bad, the worst I've seen in an Angel & Spike comic. The characterisation of Oz weird, he's played for laughs and talks far too much.
Okay...thanks! 👍 That bit's saved me money. 😄

Priceless

Scooby
Far be it from me to argue (given I haven't read a single issue) but this description's attracted me to A&S rather than put me off it. 🤔

Okay...thanks! 👍 That bit's saved me money. 😄
Don't let me put you off, Angel & Spike has been pretty good up to now, which is why this issue is such a disappointment.

Oz was really off putting to me at first but then I realised he's acting a lot more Seth Greeny than Oz ever did and that made it a little better for me. The Angel and Kate stuff was super bad though, not so much because of the scenes themselves but for me at least it's more... they've been on such a slow burn and now they've jumped forward and it's a jarring transition. Was this the first issue with the new writer? It feels like one of those weird transition issues where a new writer tries to speed up the old story threads so they can start bringing in their own ideas.

Priceless

Scooby
This was written by Zac Thompson and he wrote the last issue too. The last issue was better, but there is some overblown dialogue in there too.

I will offer a little praise. Even though the execution is really clunky and it's super weird there are two demonic influences possessing Fred and neither of them are Illyria... I really appreciate the twist on Fred's "craziness" coming from two competing influences fighting for dominance, blending her trauma from Pylea with her later possession in a one of those rare story decisions that justifies this reboot by REALLY changing things up.

Top Bottom