• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of Buffy 10.17 "Old Demons, Part 2" - Released 7/22/15 (Dark Horse)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Writer: Christos Gage

Tensions are on the rise as the gang goes in search of an ancient enemy—Archaeus. Split into teams, Angel and Xander are able to connect over themes of betrayal and love lost, while Buffy pushes Spike to keep his insecurities in check. But they quickly discover there are much more dangerous things to battle as they close in on the demon lord.

Source: Wikipedia

Sineya
Just out of curiosity, have Dawn and Spike had any interaction in the comics? It's just that I missed that a bit after season 6 and wondered if there was more of it now Spike and Buffy are an item. I mean obviously it probably wouldn't be exactly the same now that Dawn is an adult, but still... do they have any sort of relationship these days?

Sineya
Just out of curiosity, have Dawn and Spike had any interaction in the comics?
At this moment, they are very fond of each other, with Dawn supporting the relationship, and always trying to cheer up “Eeyore” Spike. Before, she had even pointed out that Buffy and Spike could be a great couple – with the easy, fun, sexy, best-pals thing they had going on.

On Season 9, when Dawn was disappearing from existence because of the end of magic, Spike left London in a rush (he was working with Angel and Faith), to be with her, while Xander, Willow and Buffy were trying to get some magic from the Deeper Well to save Dawn. Dawn didn't quite remember Spike, but she felt secure with him, anyway.

Sineya
Aww okay. It's cute that Dawn is reassuring Spike; almost seems like a nice bit of role reversal there from s5+6....which is nice now that Dawn is an adult. I like the sound of that.
I must admit, from what I've heard, the end of season 9 does sound really good.... I'm just not sure I could stomach the lead up to it :/

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Why do they have to mention how hard the new vampires are to stake in every single issue?

And so the reason Angel & Spike were being so insecure was because of Archaeus?

Black Thorn
I like the confirmation of Angel and Spike being the same from Spike's mouth.

Those who insist in finding the tiniest distinctions between those two souled vamps are too obsessed, like kids who can tell all the slight color differences among 400 toys of the same transformer model.

Up until S10, they ARE the same now. The writers are not ashamed of admitting this or making fun of their character recycling methods. And it's a good thing.