• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of Buffy 10.29 "Own It, Part IV" - Released 7/21/16 (Dark Horse)

Black Thorn
I'm not happy with this issue. Obviously I'm a big Xander fan so on a basic level of course I'm not happy. It's more than that though. Due to the number of people getting to treat death as a mild inconvenience the impact wasn't as much as it should be.

Personally I don't think he's dead. No body and Fake Anya stepping in suggests she saved him. Suspect he has just been moved. The rest of it is quite lame. Can't picture D'Hoffryn using Wolfram and Hart style offices.

I'm so sick of hearing about Saint Anya. Xander grovelling for how he treated her again. She was a vengeance demon for thousands of years and we're still supposed to think being left at the altar is the worst thing in the world.

D'Hoffryn is speaking absolutely rubbish about caring for Anya. If he wanted her back he could have done it straight after the wish.

At the end everyone seems to be down on the floor and out of it. If something massive doesn't intervene that should be it.

sk

The Overlooked One
Sineya
Yeah, gotta agree that it felt something off with Anya stepping in and wanting to do it herself.
Definitely made me wonder what she really did.

Like Buffy herself I'm not buying D'Hoffryn speech about revenge for them taking Anya away from him either.
Sounded like BS to me too. lol

/SK

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
So, here's my problem with this issue: don't vengeance demons need wishes to use their powers? So how could Fake!Anya just kill Xander?

I thought that Xander owning up for Anya's death showed how much he's grown as a character, taking responsibility for his actions, which he hasn't always done in the past.

Top Bottom