• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of Buffy 11.02 "Facing the Aftermath of Disaster" - Released 12/21/16 (Dark Horse)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Following the magic-related disaster in San Francisco, Buffy and her friends are trying to help put the city back together, while their own lives are also still in chaos. When the government begins introducing some special rules and regulations for folks with magical connections, Buffy may have to face being divided from the people for whom she cares the most.

Source: Dark Horse

I like this one better than the season opener. It has a nice pace to it and it shows in which direction the season is thematically heading. I wonder to what extent Joss is involved, as it seems that the comics are getting highly political.

Forever Spuffy

shiny beads and sweet talk
This issue was really packed. Really liked it. Now that their together and getting along outside forces are going to rip them apart. The government suckes in any reality huh :mad: Hold on to your man Buffy it's going to be a bumpy ride :(

I thought it was really fantastic- for the first time in a while, I feel like I was guessing what was gonna happen next and how it would play out, because the door was wide open for so many interesting stories. The dialogue was on fire, the characters were perfect, and it was just such a well planned jam packed issue that was intriguing and exciting. (Also I was totally right on my internment camp prediction- that just feels good too)

P
Priceless
Haven't read it yet, but you are making want to read it NOW! :-)
Black Thorn
I really like this issue!! LOVED the part with Willow and Jordan is definitely another slayer I dislike besides Kennedy now. I have high hopes for this season.

white avenger

white avenger
I can just see the new slogan now.

"When stakes are outlawed, only outlaws will have stakes."

Technically, it could be argued that stakes, crossbows, swords, and Scythes would fall under the same status as firearms, since Article 2 of the Bill Of Rights guarantees "the right to bear ARMS," which would include, but not be limited to, firearms. Of course, that would also be used to require a Concealed Carry License to carry a stake.

My suggestion would be for Willow and a few dozen other magic users to combine their powers and create a new Easter Island somewhere, and have all the supernatural beings start their own republic.

So is it canon now, after S10, that Angel is Spike and Spike is Angel? After all Buffy said she fell in love with the same guy twice.

Finally caught up. Really liked this one, especially Willow, who's learnt a few things after last season. Happy about Andrew too, he'd just get in the way. Liked the introduction of Jordan, sure we will see her again and Buffy will kick her ass :) Looking forward to the next episode.

sk

The Overlooked One
Sineya
Personally I'm not super excited about it going so political.
Buffy usually works better when it's the gang against some monster and the "real" world is unknowing imho.

Glad to see them united though. Still hoping for a season with less frictions within the gang.

/SK

Loved the issue and where it seems to be going. Very intriguing!

I have to say though that it kind of came out of nowhere and happened a bit too fast for my taste. I would have preferred it happening gradually.

I have a feeling that this is going to be a very strong season for Willow. I'm enjoying her "scenes" and dialogues a lot.