• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of Buffy 11.05 - Released 3/22/17 (Dark Horse)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Buffy is trying hard to keep things civil in the Safe Zone, but certain residents seem to be pushing for confrontations of any kind—and the death toll is rising. Buffy is not making any new friends. Meanwhile, Willow is doing all she can to get fellow Wiccans released from camp—and if that means magic, she has plenty to use.

Source: Dark Horse

Blair

Vamp Blair
Sineya
Wow. What an issue!

First off, is it me or was the art work a little under par?

I loved the line about "But this is our religion!" Clearly referring to the current stuff in America with Trump vs Muslims.

Makes me wonder if Willow will take other Wiccans powers. Would that send her back over to the darkness like in season six when she was sapping up every ounce of magic she could find?

GoSpuffy

Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer
Black Thorn
sometimes the people in the back ground don't have faces and sometimes it the whole shot like this

upload_2017-3-23_13-52-9.png

there are lots of pics of buffy and willow with no faces and they are the stars so doesnt make sense.

sometimes the pics look over exagerated or poorly drawn like this one of willow

upload_2017-3-23_13-53-21.png

but at the same time lots of the images are spot on so it is weird when some of them fuzz out

GwenRaiden
GwenRaiden
Whoa. That first one is dreadful.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
That's some horrific art. The first panel is like if Mos Eisley kinda...melted.

Damn you George Lucas you've gone to far with your special editions!

Blair

Vamp Blair
Sineya
Yeah, it was a bit of a shocker.
I recall half way through season ten the art started to change slightly (in my eyes) to a poorer quality then, but this kinda takes the cake.

Lot of good stuff going on here with the political and religious overtones, the hypocrasy of the government building something magical while imprisoning anyone who uses magic.

Really enjoy Buffy and Willow questioning their own motives, which is evidence of a growing maturity. It's nice to see Willow getting more of a central role in this season. and am looking forward to seeing if she decides to take the Wicans power.

Also liked Buffy and Spike finishing each others sentences and it really appeals to me that they have fallen so low that The Slayer, a nice middle-class Californian girl with super-powers, is living in a ratty little trailer in the wrost place on earth

Foxy

I am cookie dough!
Sineya
Lot of good stuff going on here with the political and religious overtones, the hypocrasy of the government building something magical while imprisoning anyone who uses magic.

Really enjoy Buffy and Willow questioning their own motives, which is evidence of a growing maturity. It's nice to see Willow getting more of a central role in this season. and am looking forward to seeing if she decides to take the Wicans power.

Also liked Buffy and Spike finishing each others sentences and it really appeals to me that they have fallen so low that The Slayer, a nice middle-class Californian girl with super-powers, is living in a ratty little trailer in the wrost place on earth
I'm curious if Willow will get addicted to magic again, because she seems to be using this magic without any consequences at all?

I'm curious if Willow will get addicted to magic again, because she seems to be using this magic without any consequences at all?
If she decides to take the power from all the wiccas there definitely have to be consequences, but I am not sure Willow can get addicted again as the magic is now totally part of her.

Interesting issue in terms of drama and I love that things are progressing even though I have no idea where those sheets of paper at the end came from. I'm thinking I might have just missed something and hopefully I'll get it after watching the review video on youtube lol.

The art was bad, definitely the worst of the season so far.