• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Discussion of Buffy 9.03 "Freefall: Part 3"- Released 11/09/11 (Dark Horse)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Think Severin reminds Buffy of Ford?

And is Buffy really feeling BAD that vamps are going feral? Willow sure has done a number on Buffy. She needs someone to snap her out of this self-loathing thing she has had going on.

I sort of love this Siphon storyline though - it mimics what happens to Buffy when Slayers die.

Stake fodder

Soulless
Gnomes come from a hell dimension? Should I worry about the ones hanging out on lawns?

Spike is touring Alcatraz. Yeah, I thought that demon was going to have trouble living there with all the tourists.

Severin sucks the demon out of vampires, not snapping their necks like I thought. It's like a dark version of the Shanshu Prophecy: you do revert to human, but not a living one. And I agree with Spike, "Siphon" is a corny name.

Like others said, it's perplexing how a human not possessed by a demon would be any kind of vampire, rather than just a corpse. My theory is that when a vampire is sired, the sire passes some demonic energy on in its blood that sustains the human body until a new demon possesses it. (Like how a baby has some immunities from the mother before it develops its own immune system.) This is enough to animate the body, but not control the mind. But it's not like they ever explain the science of vampires on the show!

Top Bottom