• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Discussion of Buffy 9.25 "The Core, Part 5" - Released 9/11/13 (Dark Horse)

iShower4free

Scooby
But isn't that the same for every other character? They quickly forgave Willow for what happened in S6 when it's far worse than anything Xander did in his entire life. I just don't see why Xander is singled out and thought of as someone who was never held accountable when Cordelia never forgave him for cheating on her while Oz forgave Willow for the same sin one episode later.

I agree with you completely. No one in the show, or at least no human, seems to be held accountable for their less than savory acts. They are always forgiven after little to no backlash from the group. Now if we are talking about everyones favorite two souled vampires thats a whole different story lol. I only singled out Xander because it was relevant to the comic issue.

VisionGirl

Newly Human
Sineya
I don't get what happened at the end. I guess I need to re-read it. At least the Angel & Faith finale had heart, what with
Whistler's sacrifice
. This seemed very anti-climatic. Which is strange because I sensed a lot of emotional leading up to it (I was caring more about this finale than A&F).

I mentioned this on another thread, but all in all, season 8 was better. At least it had balls. And humor. And Whedonesque dialogue and puns.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Joss didn't write season 9, he basically does an outline and approves big decisions. The books themselves are written by Andrew Chambliss and Christos Gage. I do agree though, these books kind of suck...

Yeah, the IDW series was mostly enjoyable, even the ones not scripted by Joss. So this is clearly not just about Joss.

No, I don't agree about Spike & Faith. I don't see that nor do I want it. But I do want to see Faith in a relationship. I want to see her deal with all of the emotional messiness that comes with. Her character has come so far, I think she's ready.

I really liked Spike with the bugs. I think because it was a pseudo family for him. I like seeing him in charge. He's both good at it & yet completely uncomfortable with it all at the same time, and I loved that. I missed the bugs, I miss the ship. THAT had imagination my friends!

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Faith and Gunn in season 10. Let it be so.

VisionGirl

Newly Human
Sineya
I'm re-reading and I did like this exchange:
Maloker: Slayer blood.
Buffy: ...Demon breath.

And do we recognize the newly turned vampire at the end? Seems like someone we should know, but I just can't place her.

Last edited:

Xin Rong

Killed by Dissertation
I can think of 2 or 3 instances in the shows where Faith uses the word "ain't."

As an english person I can also add that she may have picked up on our vernacular, isn't is and ain't are so synonymous in terms of usage now in so many parts of england now, that it could also just be argued she picked it via proximity to London

The Bloody

Townie
Hello everyone.
This is my first post. Good to be here :)

(Slightly SPOILER-ish because I couldn't figure out how to hide text.)

* Forgive me if I've obviously missed something, but... What happened to Billy and Anaheed? They left to kill zompires during The Core Part II, and that was that. I kept hearing that the pair would have their own one-shot or two-parter, but that didn't happen, right?
They spent whole issues devoted to Billy, so... :confused:

* The final arc, The Core , had a good build-up. This was the first time I felt truly invested in this season - right when Willow returns and Dawn & Xander finally play a role! :irritated:

The finale, however, was a tad underwhelming. There were no major recognizable reversals, beyond those deaths. Everything pretty much worked as intended, with some seeds sown for next season. I still enjoyed it though :)

(Imagine if Dawn never actually made it, and everyone had just forgotten her...for now!)

* I also feel that multiple titles under the Season 9 banner may have been detrimental to the core book.

Black Eye Guy

Taking over the World!
Black Thorn
Hello everyone.
This is my first post. Good to be here :)

(Slightly SPOILER-ish because I couldn't figure out how to hide text.)

Welcome! Just FYI to hide text you just put the text between [spoilers*]Text Here[/*spoilers] - but you didn't need to as this was a discussion of an issued already released! :)

* Forgive me if I've obviously missed something, but... What happened to Billy and Anaheed? They left to kill zompires during The Core Part II, and that was that. I kept hearing that the pair would have their own one-shot or two-parter, but that didn't happen, right?
They spent whole issues devoted to Billy, so... :confused:

Oh yeah, I'd literly forgotten about them completely, I hope they died ;) wasn't a fan!
* The final arc, The Core , had a good build-up. This was the first time I felt truly invested in this season - right when Willow returns and Dawn & Xander finally play a role! :irritated:

Totally agree, the build up was great, and it was the first time I was excited to read the comics, I actually read them as soon as they were available on the DarkHorse app, whereas usually I get them a week after release and read them whenever, but the build up had me looking forward to the next one

Last edited:

Stake fodder

Soulless
Maloker calls Buffy a Slayer, but he would not know of Slayers, since they were created after he was entombed. And can Maloker be killed by Severin's blast? I thought the entombed demons could not be defeated by death, and that's why they were permanently entombed.

It was a quick killing of Simone and Severin after all the build-up, but then I guess they weren't really the "Big Bad" of the season, the loss of magic was.

Buffy is gushing blood out of her shoulder wound, but Willow cuts her hand to get blood to bring Dawn back.😒 Spike says Buffy can save her thanks, as having Dawn back is all he needs. Since when does Spike not want something more from Buffy?

Xander gets forgiven pretty easily, just because his actions accidentally helped them get magic back. I guess that's typical, though. I can't see that the Vampyr book being blank is that big a deal, since Buffy hardly ever looked at it, anyway.

I think I ultimately liked this season better than the last, because it had fewer characters to keep straight, and because it was more relatable.

Top Bottom