• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of Buffy the Vampire Slayer #1 - Released 1/23/19 (Boom! Studios)

Mylie

Scooby
I finally read the first issue!!!

Okay so I loved it. I had a big smile through all of it.

I love most of the changes they made. I'd say the one that annoyed me the most was some of Willow's way of talking at times, mostly whenever she was saying « You don't gotta », it just doesn't sound like her at all. The rest of the dialogue was fine though, it felt like an updated take on buffy talk.

I feel like we already have a strong sense of who the characters are and it does feel like them, even with the little changes. Especially Buffy.

I don't have much to say because there wasn't much action here (which makes sense given it's an introduction to the world and characters) but I'm looking forward to seeing where all of this is going. I really liked that Wolfram and Hart is already a thing.

Finally, the art is gorgeous!! I feel like it's the opposite of the s8 to 12 seasons where I loved the front covers but didn't care for most of the art inside the issues. Here, I adore the panels but the covers (not the alternates though) are kind of meh.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Glad they got Willow right - still judgmental. :D

I feel like they looked at the criticism of the tv series and then adjusted things in this one. Like how Joyce acts towards Buffy - there’s no, “Try not to get kicked out.” and treating Buffy like she’s a bad kid.

I feel like Buffy was pretty forthcoming with her secret. And they changed Willow from being shy and nerdy.

But it does feel like Buffy.

Top Bottom