• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of Buffy the Vampire Slayer #10 - Released 12/4/19 (Boom! Studios)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
A HELLMOUTH TIE-IN! THE FIRST APPEARANCE OF A NEW SLAYER! With Buffy in Hell, someone new has answered the call to save what's left of Sunnydale. Who is this mysterious new Slayer? And how will the new blood cope with a team made up of a newly empowered witch and a half-human, half-vampire sidekick?

Source: Boom! Studios

WillowFromBuffy

To be or not to evil.
This was another good issue.

Rose has "I trust you" in French on her arm, which is what Willow says to Tara before they do the tantric sex spell.

I love Cordelia in these comics. She's a hoot.

It is quite harsh of Willow to tell Xander not to reach out to Rose. They all go to the same school.

Luke is quite silly. Warren may be evil, but he is still a human being. This Luke guy is way more cartoony. If Katrina had grabbed a pair of garden shears, it would have given Warren pause. And he did at least make an attempt to rationalize his misogyny. Luke is just like, "You're evil bitches! You deserve death! Raaaargh!"

Kendra kills Luke in a very casual manner. Not that he didn't deserve it, it just seems unnecessary. There's going to be a police investigation, and it will likely be simpler if the guy isn't dead. Even if there is evidence that he kidnapped Cordelia, they will still have to explain why four people felt it was necessary to crack his skull after they had stabbed him through the spine.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
What the hell have they done to Kendra?
Cordelia, Giles, Willow and Xander are drawn ugly.
Anger faces look horrible.
Is Robin trying to imply that Giles is discriminating against him?
So when Xander did something seemingly out of character, Willow couldn't give a rat's arse despite supposedly being his best friend, yet Cordelia doesn't show up to school or post online and suddenly it's a major worry for Willow and Xander?
So is Luke meant to be a teenager or an older guy?
Cordelia and Rose are very casual considering they believe they've just murdered a guy/classmate.
I don't like Robin Wood.

Buffy is missing for yet another issue. What's Drusilla doing? She's opened the hellmouth now she's just disappeared, is she sat at home painting her nails and binge watching netflix or something?

The artwork continues to be crap. They really need to get back the artist from the first few issues. The writing continues to be clunky. I honestly hope these comics end soon.

WillowFromBuffy

To be or not to evil.
What's Drusilla doing? She's opened the hellmouth now she's just disappeared, is she sat at home painting her nails and binge watching netflix or something?
You need to read the Hellmouth issues to find out.
She is being tortured in Hell and has seemingly lost what was left of her marbles.

My take on Luke was that people are being driven insane from the Hellmouth opening up, but that might be me making up my own rationalisation rather than anything the comic has actually told us.

I liked that we finally got to meet Rose properly as a character, this issue felt Rose centric-lite and I'm excited to hopefully start learning more about her as a character.

Top Bottom