• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of Buffy the Vampire Slayer #12 - Released 2/5/20 (Boom! Studios)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
As TEAM KENDRA fights for their town against the Hellmouth-possessed hivemind, Willow and Xander begin to feel to cost of sharing a soul between them. With darkness creeping into the place a soul should be, one of them will start down a road that they can't turn back from.

Source: Boom! Studios

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Willow and Xander begin to feel to cost of sharing a soul between them. With darkness creeping into the place a soul should be, one of them will start down a road that they can't turn back from.
That actually sounds kinda cool. I'm sure the implementation sucks, but just the premise is really interesting. The sharing a soul and all.

Priceless

Scooby
The preview I've seen is good. Anya is amazing. The art is abysmal and that's a problem.

TriBel

Scooby
Is it this one?

Priceless
Priceless
Yes, not read it yet.

Priceless

Scooby
Still love Anya's write up on the opening page. Where have they been hiding her? She's got so much personality, she should have been front and centre from moment one. Or they could have given some of the other characters more personality.

I like how Cordy and Anya echo each other - we have to be the best we can be. Is there a Cordy/Anya connection? (And not Xander) I like that everyone is getting closer, with the Cordy/Rose conversation. I think they are trying to build up a scoobie vibe in a way they didn't in the earlier issues. They built up the suspense in that scene really well and the men are pretty scary.

OK, we first meet Buffy and her 'thing' is she likes comics and now Anya is quoting Star Trek. Bellaire seems to think the only way to make a female character interesting is to make her love comics and sci-fi. Any women in this comic who are into something other than pop culture? (Thank the lord for Joyce) Bellaire ought to widen her friendship group.

How and why did Anya hide her weapons in the Tuna place? How did Jenny find Camazotz?

On the whole, the art is terrible, but I really really liked the colours and shadows Lopez uses when Willow goes dark. The image of Vampire Xander crying is the ugliest thing I've ever seen in a comic Is Xander a soulless vampire now? That's a bit of a cliffhanger ending.

Nice little story and really fun read. One of the best issues so far.

Top Bottom