• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of Buffy the Vampire Slayer #15 - Released 7/1/20 (Boom! Studios)

NileQT87

Billowy Coat, King of Pain
🤮 This is just devolving into crack!fic. It's also taking away the thing that made Buffy most unique as a Slayer (uh, you know that famous rule-breaking habit she has with vampires?). Granted, they've handed Buffy's whole personality to Kendra, which makes Buffy utterly pointless as her opposite. Spike has also managed to usurp Angel's entire role and has been given his team already.

Do the writers not realize how unpopular this is?

Also, they've made the character (who already has a popularity deficit in canon) so smarmy combined with every comic character treating him like he farts rainbows, despite having nothing in common with the original (age is the least of it).

Priceless

Scooby
Yep the Boom comics are terrible. I don't know who's buying them. Maybe they're aimed at young comic readers who never watched the show?

GreyWalker1958

Potential
Only if it is Batman's Robin.
Only if she stakes Damian then kiss Red Hood!Jason

🤮 This is just devolving into crack!fic. It's also taking away the thing that made Buffy most unique as a Slayer (uh, you know that famous rule-breaking habit she has with vampires?). Granted, they've handed Buffy's whole personality to Kendra, which makes Buffy utterly pointless as her opposite. Spike has also managed to usurp Angel's entire role and has been given his team already.

Do the writers not realize how unpopular this is?

Also, they've made the character (who already has a popularity deficit in canon) so smarmy combined with every comic character treating him like he farts rainbows, despite having nothing in common with the original (age is the least of it).
They might as well save face and make an anthology monthly telling tales between and with the TV and comic seasons and call it an eternity

Priceless

Scooby
Have you stopped buying them?
Below the belt 🤣

Yes I have stopped buying them. Unfortunately I'm still reading the damn things 🤪

Boom comics are starting a multiverse, so I'm sure we'll see every character in a romantic relationship with every other character soon. Fun for everyone.

TriBel
TriBel
LOL! I didn't know! I thought if you'd capitulated they must be bad. :D You're like my Buffy barometer.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Boom comics are starting a multiverse, so I'm sure we'll see every character in a romantic relationship with every other character soon. Fun for everyone.
That sounds cool actually!

Priceless

Scooby
I am thinking it'd be at the same time, isn't that the point of multiverses, that they happen at the same time? You're dead in verse A but you're alive in verse B and a vamp in verse C.

We've already seen a preview with Buffy kissing Cordy, and Willow as a Slayer, so it's all going down at Boom 😲 🤣

Spanky
Spanky
Oh. Not literally at the same time. I just wanted to see torrid multiverse love triangles all happening simultaneously. That would be cool.
TriBel
TriBel
A necrophiliac orgy? *shudder*

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Make up a table in Word or Excel with all of the cast on both axes. Then fill every cell with "existing romance", "potential romance", unlikely (but we're still going to use it) romance" then write a story for each of them. Note that half of the table will be the same as the other half of the table and there will be a line of self-love. Then just write that accompanying stories and you have enough stories for fan fiction and comics.

WillowFromBuffy

To be or not to evil.
I'm kinda looking forward to get back into them. I like that Buffy is flirting with Robin, who definitely hasn't been shown to crap rainbows. I've never felt that dating a vampire was all that essential, even if it was a big part of the show. S4 and 5 are my fav seasons, and she doesn't date a vampire in those.

Priceless

Scooby

Buffy the Vampire Slayer #15 [preview]
Script: Jordie Bellaire; illustration: Ramon Bachs; colors: Raúl Angulo; letters: Ed Dukeshire.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Buffy kind of looks like she's got mumps.

Angel6
Angel6
Liked the outfit though, nice little spin on one of her classic looks.
Top Bottom