• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of Buffy the Vampire Slayer #16 - Released 8/5/20 (Boom! Studios)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
When a beloved teacher from their school goes missing, Buffy and Kendra will have to put aside their differences to uncover the true threat - whose identity will shake both Slayers to their cores!

Source: Boom! Studios

Priceless

Scooby
Not a bad issue, but once again the reader is left to believe something that may not be true. I thought Xander had died as he appeared to vanish in a previous issue, but he returned and it seems that he's killed Jenny Calendar, though we don't see him doing it and we don't see her body.

Why would a vampire set a house on fire then stand in the burning house? Perhaps fire doesn't kill vamps in this verse.

My money is on Jenny being the cat.

It got all teen drama-ery at the end, as Kendra admitted feelings for Rose and then Willow turns up at Rose's hospital bed, so we're either going to have a thrupple or there's going to be heartbreak.

Once again someone else saves Buffy and Buffy is pretty ineffectual. I wish she were more of a Slayer. Everyone else is so much more powerful and brave then she is in these comics, which wouldn't be so bad if she had a bit more of an individual personality, if she were witty or clever, but she isn't that either.

GreyWalker1958
GreyWalker1958
Cliche as that would be, I'd settle for that idea for Jenny

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I should have stopped reading earlier, but I stopped at this line:
"the Trio, a team of nerds who decide to become supervillains, their crimes quickly escalating from wacky heists to the murders of two women, are the best Big Bad the show ever had."

I mean, really?

Priceless

Scooby
"the Trio, a team of nerds who decide to become supervillains, their crimes quickly escalating from wacky heists to the murders of two women, are the best Big Bad the show ever had."

I mean, really?
Warren was a great baddie and he and Boom Xander have a lot in common, which is why I thing The Trio were referenced. Of course everyone knows The Mayor is the best big bad

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
Who
Warren was a great baddie and he and Boom Xander have a lot in common, which is why I thing The Trio were referenced. Of course everyone knows The Mayor is the best big bad
Agreed . The Mayor is the best Big Bad .

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Two girls, by accident. Angelus literally killed two women to save on stationary.

GreyWalker1958

Potential

I mean, really?
.....WHAT?!

That's like saying SW Manor was the best antagonist of Hellblazer...and Brian Azzarello's 25 issue stint (where that aforementioned character was featured near the end of said stint) was basically the man's Batman demo to the group editor

Top Bottom