• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of Buffy the Vampire Slayer #18 - Released 10/7/20 (Boom! Studios)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
The conflict brewing between Buffy and Kendra has finally come to a head! With multiple allies injured, the two Slayers feel they can no longer compromise-which is the perfect opportunity for the new Big Bad to make his move...

Source: Boom! Studios

Priceless

Scooby
This is a great issue, I really enjoyed it, once I'd gone back and re-read some previous issues as I couldn't remember what had happened. The Willow comic is also out of sync I think, as Willow is in this issue, but I though we still had one or two issues of the Willow titled comic left?

Anyway, Willow reappears, and she's laid back and absolutely fine with Kendra and Rose having a thing, just grateful they can all be friends . . . so maybe this isn't Willow at all? She's using magic, trying to find Jenny and the magic scenes and Willow dialogue are pretty spot on and enjoyable.

Buffy and Kendra are friends again. Everyone is friends again, it's all very sweet. Buffy's mind is totally on Robin, who she is head over heels for. Her scenes with him feel odd, and it's weird to see her say 'when I'm with you I want to die' or some variant of, as that's always been a Bangel line and now it's a Roffy (Bufin?) line - very odd.

So much happens in this issue and it feels like a momentous moment, but if feels like Buffy and Robin are going to sleep together and things will change after that . . . so maybe Robin has a secret curse on him we don't yet know about?

Everything that happens in this issue happened in the show, but with different characters and outcomes, which is really odd. The Tara/Willow magic scenes are now Rose/Willow, Jenny is doing Amy's love spell for Xander, Buffy is hugging Eric and showing him load of affection she showed Joyce in the show, Buffy and Robin are getting groiny just like Buffy/Angel did in the show . . . It good, but it's like the writers are very much re-hashing the show. Is that a lack of imagination or a great money spinning ploy because you cannot improve on perfection?

Angel6
Angel6
It also doesn’t make sense as a Roffy line really....
Top Bottom