• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of Buffy the Vampire Slayer #21 - Released 1/6/21 (Boom! Studios)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
* Anya has been a key figure in Buffy's life ever since she arrived in Sunnydale, but there's more to the demon's mission and mysterious past than anyone knows! * It starts with her secret connection to the Watcher's Council and... the first full appearance of the Slayer who came before Buffy? * And the truth behind Anya connects Buffy(s) - yes, plural - in ways no one ever saw coming...

Source: Boom! Studios

Priceless

Scooby
Finally read this issue and once again there was no Buffy in the Buffy comic. The story was interesting, it was Anya's backstory and what became of the slayer before Buffy and how the two of them are going to take down the Watcher's Council. It was a fun read if you're not a fan of Buffy or any of the other main characters, who do not appear at all in this issue. (We do get one panel of Giles actually)

There's only so much room on the page, I'm fine with Buffy not appearing in an issue that is focusing on another character. I thought this issue was really good, the quality of this series has been really picking up lately! I think they just tried to do too much too soon with the Hellmouth event, this new arc has been a lot slower paced and has been fleshing out the characters and doing some really nice worldbuilding.

Top Bottom