• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Discussion of Buffy the Vampire Slayer #26 - Released 6/2/21 (Boom! Studios)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
The BIGGEST Buffy story of the century continues! * What if you KNEW your life could have been different? * Buffy and the Scooby Gang get a glimpse into how different their lives might have been and must confront the choices that lead them to this point, even as they grapple with their understanding of everything changing forever. * Meanwhile, Giles discovers ancient forces are at work, pushing the Slayer and her friends further and further down the rabbit hole…but to what end?

Source: Boom! Studios

Priceless

Scooby
I actually liked the art in this one, although it was difficult to tell people apart, they all looked relatively normal. The usual problems exist in that Buffy is an outlier in her own comic and other characters are always centre stage. The story is interesting, in that now we have two distinct groups, with perhaps Cordy in the middle (I assume she'll switch to Buffy's side eventually). I like Any flirting with Giles. Neither the Mayor or Ethan sound like themselves. I liked this issue, it's a set up for what's to come. Anya mentions 'Silas' so I guess he's the big bad we've yet to meet.

Angel6

Potential
I actually liked the art in this one, although it was difficult to tell people apart, they all looked relatively normal. The usual problems exist in that Buffy is an outlier in her own comic and other characters are always centre stage. The story is interesting, in that now we have two distinct groups, with perhaps Cordy in the middle (I assume she'll switch to Buffy's side eventually). I like Any flirting with Giles. Neither the Mayor or Ethan sound like themselves. I liked this issue, it's a set up for what's to come. Anya mentions 'Silas' so I guess he's the big bad we've yet to meet.
Yeah I had to double check Buffy was actually in this again a couple days after I read it. As an avid comic book reader of 30 years and a big fan of the ‘Boom! Power Rangers’ stuff I really don’t see where they are going with this.

Priceless

Scooby
Yeah I had to double check Buffy was actually in this again a couple days after I read it. As an avid comic book reader of 30 years and a big fan of the ‘Boom! Power Rangers’ stuff I really don’t see where they are going with this.
No, I'm not sure about it at all. I read a review that said Silas could be one of the 'monks' from Pylea, but I'm not so sure the Boom writers would even know who that was, as he wasn't a main character on the show.

I'm sure we're going to see more characters from the multiverse, which could be fun or could be terrible.

Should I et back into this Boom series?
Mmmm, I'd wait a while. Some issues are pretty good, but some are terrible. Willow is very much the main character though, so that might interest you.

An actual comic book writer has taken over the series which is probably why there's been such a dramatic shift in quality lately. I haven't felt as much like half the story is happening between issues and it's felt to me like each issue has had a lot more going on in it. Hopefully it continues to improve moving forward.

Top Bottom