• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Discussion of Buffy the Vampire Slayer #29 - Released 9/1/21 (Boom! Studios)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
The true nature of the Multiverse is revealed to Buffy, but has she gained the knowledge she needs too late to save it? With the various factions' plans laid bare, Buffy must race to try and unite them to take on the Biggest Bad of them all. But with all hope seemingly lost and time running out, will she be forced to turn to her least expected ally?

Source: Comixology

Priceless

Scooby
If I had read it I would have known what was terrible about it. LOL
You could have read it and disagreed with me :)

I did not finish this issue, so there could be a twist at the end that turns this on it's head, but having Giles's mother as the Head of the Council, and evil, seems a bit much. Buffy is one of at least 4 slayers, and not even the longest living one (that's Morgan), so they don't even allow her that distinction.

I stopped reading when Giles and his mother meet in a cemetery and the dialogue is
'Rupert'
'Mum'

Whatever happens after that may be electrifying but this is as far as I got.

Spanky
Spanky
I think I read maybe the first two, and that was all I could take. I am not a fan of comic books in general. The "episodes" are like sex... you wait a month for it and it's over in about 5 minutes.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Giles and his mother meet in a cemetery and the dialogue is
'Rupert'
'Mum'
That made me laugh! I love that.

having Giles's mother as the Head of the Council, and evil, seems a bit much
It's better than the evil white patriarchy.

I think having Mrs Giles as evil and the Head Watcher would really work, if you were following the same storylines as the show. You could have almost a yin-yang between her and Buffy. Not sure about the comics as I don't know the dynamics. But the idea is not horrible.

Priceless
Priceless
You should read the comics, I think you'd enjoy them.

GreyWalker1958

Potential
You could have read it and disagreed with me :)

I did not finish this issue, so there could be a twist at the end that turns this on it's head, but having Giles's mother as the Head of the Council, and evil, seems a bit much. Buffy is one of at least 4 slayers, and not even the longest living one (that's Morgan), so they don't even allow her that distinction.

I stopped reading when Giles and his mother meet in a cemetery and the dialogue is
'Rupert'
'Mum'

Whatever happens after that may be electrifying but this is as far as I got.
Least they're not using his grams for such a weak sauce arc

Angel6

Potential
Sineya
Oh my god I totally agree. A new low for this series, the art is so bad it takes me a good few moments to try and work out from context which character is which. At the start of the issue there are 3 blonde girls interacting and I had no idea who was meant to be who.

Priceless

Scooby
Oh my god I totally agree. A new low for this series, the art is so bad it takes me a good few moments to try and work out from context which character is which. At the start of the issue there are 3 blonde girls interacting and I had no idea who was meant to be who.
Morgan changes ethnicity in every issue. It's only now that I realise she's meant to be black?? The art and colouring are terrible.

Top Bottom