• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of SHIELD 1.04 "Eye Spy" - Aired 10/15/13 (ABC-US)

Black Eye Guy

Taking over the World!
Black Thorn
Agent Coulson and the team track down a mysterious woman who has single-handedly committed numerous high-stakes heists.
http://abc.go.com/shows/marvels-agents-of-shield/episode-guide

I'm just watching now, so will update in a bit :)

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

I loved this episode!

It felt much stronger, easier and the story was really interesting.

May is still the weakest part for me, and the thing about Coulson better be revealed sooner rather then later, it's gone way beyond subtle hints.

But other then that is was great. The story was really good, I like that we got hints that Coulson used to be kinda an ass, I hope we get to see flashbacks to what thats like.

I like seeing Skye and Ward together, I think they play off each other well. Love anything were Skye and Fitzsimmons are together, that bit were they called to asked about the bathroom and snacks was great.

I like the twist of the chain of people being used, thought that was clever and intriguing. It's been one of the few things I didn't think was as predictable as a lot of the other stuff on the show.

I think there was a huge improvement from episode 1 to 2, not as big an improvement between 2 and 3, but a huge improvement between 3 and 4, so I like where it's getting to.

the after credit scene was great also.

sk

The Overlooked One
Sineya
As a Swede I thought it was great fun to see some scenes from Stockholm.
Filmed on location and everything. A nice surprise. :)

I'm not overly impressed by the stories so far. They are good enough I guess but not spectacular in any way.
But I still like the tone of the show. They balance on the verge of getting a bit too silly at times perhaps but so far I really enjoy it.

/SK

Black Eye Guy

Taking over the World!
Black Thorn
Really? wow?

I did think to myself, wow that set is really authentic looking!

Robb Stark

King in the North
Sineya
It got better as it progressed (by the 20 minute mark or so I was about ready to just turn it off), but I'm still not impressed by this. In all honesty, I think this might be it for me. Again, this wasn't "bad", but I didn't find it particularly engrossing either. There are just way better T.V. shows I could be watching. It feels at this point like I'm only watching it because it's a Marvel continuation and because it's a Joss Whedon project, not because of the quality of the show itself.

Little things bug me constantly, and I hate that when I watch T.V. I mean, think about it. If Skye is so incompetent with a weapon that she's not even able to turn the safety on or off, then...why is she in the field at all? There's no credible reason for that beyond the dictations of what the plot requires.

My guess on the secret agency that SHIELD will probably end up chasing is HYDRA.

V

Vamp Jenny

Just as the first 3 episodes, I loved this one.

I especially liked the part when Akela asked what they did to Coulson. I feel like we might have to wait mid/end of season to know, but it's coming.

I was so surprised when the episode started with shots of Sergels Torg! It was funny though, how the platforms were in Stockholm but the trains didn't look like ours inside :D
Also funny that they went from T-Centralen to Kungsträdgården, and there were so many people on that train. (That's just one stop and probably the least busy one.)

But yeah. I liked this episode a lot and I'm in love with this show.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
The boys are so cute with their toys. Coulson with the pilot dream, Ward and Fitz with their little blue gun. I don't think I even knew what instagram was when this was airing (actually still dont). Little truth nugget in there - we people are surveilling ourselves.

LOL Short bus... "boy parts and girl parts are different" Well that line wouldn't fly in 2020. Oh how I love Skyes little digs at Ward "You're a robot, can you do that". Oh my SkyeWard. Defo liking her better on the rewatch, much needed humour injection. Feels like I am a lot further in than 4 episodes. Fully emmersed into their team and world. Superspy is ticklish.... oh the chemistry is too much 😭

Ew eye ball surgery. Looks like they covered her empty eyeball socket with a sieve.

I never realised how much Fitz snacks. Skye is such a perv. I love it.

Yep glad I did this rewatch, I thought I was over season 1 but my memory was bad and its actually great.

Mr Trick

Scooby
The actually case of the week isn't that great in this one, but it at least set up something more intriguing with Coulson and built some decent mirthlogy. The look of glasses was pretty cool. Winced at the needle in the eye scene o_O

Top Bottom