• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of SHIELD 1.05 "Girl in the Flower Dress" - Aired 10/22/13 (ABC-US)

Black Eye Guy

Taking over the World!
Black Thorn
Coulson and the team travel to Asia to rescue a young man with an unusual and dangerous power. Meanwhile, Skye has a secret that jeopardizes her relationship with the team.
http://abc.go.com/shows/marvels-agents-of-shield/episode-guide

This episode was excellent.

Rayna was far more interesting then the doctor, so I'm glad they killed her off and set Rayna up as the one that will be the face of the bad guys for the moment.

The story was exactly as I called it at the start of the season, but I liked that they got it out there already, I really thought it would have gone on longer, but I'm very glad it hasn't.
I dont fell like it it's over, the question of Skyes loyalty, but they've put it out there that the group will be questioning Skyes motives.

The story felt way more like I thought the show was going to be like.

sk

The Overlooked One
Sineya
Yeah, that come earlier than I had excepted.
Which was probably just as well.

Now all she has to do is to prove her loyality again and all will be forgotten. :)

Thought this was another solid episode.
I actually think this show is the one I'm looking forward the most to see during the week now.

/SK

VisionGirl

Newly Human
Sineya
I really enjoyed this episode too. We're starting to get backstories and watching the characters interact. It's looking up!

Next episode seems to really rachet up the tension!

Black Eye Guy
Black Eye Guy
[No message]

Black Eye Guy

Taking over the World!
Black Thorn
Yeah the 'Next time on' was the first time I got really excited for the next one, it looks really good. Pity it's taking a break next week!

VisionGirl
VisionGirl
[No message]
Just finished watching. The plot is too similar to the pilot, but I guess all the superhero stories feature the same basic elements.

So... Is Sky Coulson's daughter?

Marisa

Liver Alone
Just not getting into the show. Watched up until this and the show is getting stronger. Really like Raina as the "bad guy" she is rather interesting. I could be biased since I like the actress.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I like that they are not all american characters stationed in the US every single episode. I already don't like Reyna. I think I found her mildly appealing first run through.

Oh SkyeWard. Those chairs look SO super comfy. How can
someone so cute, be so evil 😭
Ahh and the rekindling of May and Coulson, love this team. Lots of them "parenting" this episode, this show is better than I remember. Skye shows her childish side. She seemed disposable the first time through where as I know she sticks around now, so the "is she isnt she" bit isnt as annoying. I know which team shes batting for.

I love that they pull the piss out of the Scorch name and one bad guy gets what is coming to her. Cool to see May in action. Ward is hot in a tight black shirt. Rejected Skye. Now we get her (lack of) backstory.

Yeah these end bits are annoying on the rewatch. Nothing type teasers that ya gotta watch just in case. The baddies are bad, I dont like them.

Mr Trick

Scooby
The quality of the guest stars goes up another notch with Ruth Negga as Raina. She's a fantastic actress and her character has presence and depth from the start for me.

For some reason the Skye reveal didn't really land for me. Just felt like they could have come up with something a bit more dramatic. But I guess at this point in the series they wanted something quite basic just to bring up the issue of trust with her. I like some of the other reveals with her more.

Top Bottom