• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of SHIELD 1.06 "F.Z.Z.T." - Aired 11/06/13 (ABC-US)

Black Eye Guy

Taking over the World!
Black Thorn
When floating bodies turn up, Coulson and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D must hunt down an elusive killer. No one is safe--not even the team
http://abc.go.com/shows/marvels-agents-of-shield/episode-guide

This is what I'm talking about!! This episode was fantastic, there was a lot of hart and drama and everyone meshed really well together. It was epic and sentimental, and has me very excited for how much better it's gotten over the 6 episodes!

I loved Fitzsimmons from the get-go but this just cemented it for me, and it was very believable that one of them could die in a Whedon show, so I was genuinely on the edge of my seat the entire episode!

Loved all the moments between the characters, Wad just chucking himself out of the plane, Skye hugging Simmons, the moment between Fitzsimmons and the moment between Coulson and May, finally someone new about May that made her a lot more interesting, I actually want to know more about her now.
I'm stating to come round to the idea that May knows more then she's letting on and had to steer Coulson away from the truth about himself, but at the same time I found that all very believable so I'm a little confused on it now!

The ending between Coulson and Blake was fantastic too!

white avenger

white avenger
I've been wondering when Coulson would begin to wonder just how he "came back" and whether or not there would be problems developing from it.

The simplest explanation, of course, would be some sore of heart replacement, either biological, mechanical, or a combination of the two. Then there's the possibility that Joss might take a page from a "Doll House" script, and record Coulson's personality at the point of death and transfer it into a cloned or synthetic body, complete with appropriate chest scar to avert suspicions.

sk

The Overlooked One
Sineya
Can't say that I was particular worried about Simmons. Never got such vibe during the episode unfortunately.
Always felt like a - it will all be sorted at the end of episode.

May has always interested me. Have mixed feelings about it though.
Parts of me want to know more as soon as possible, another part likes that they doesn't spill everything right away. :)

Think they might overdo it with hints about Coulson too. Not sure we need a hint in every episode.

It was a good episode though. Some good moments between several characters.

/SK

Xin Rong

Killed by Dissertation
I've been wondering when Coulson would begin to wonder just how he "came back" and whether or not there would be problems developing from it.

The simplest explanation, of course, would be some sore of heart replacement, either biological, mechanical, or a combination of the two. Then there's the possibility that Joss might take a page from a "Doll House" script, and record Coulson's personality at the point of death and transfer it into a cloned or synthetic body, complete with appropriate chest scar to avert suspicions.
So a Life Model Decoy? That does seem to be a popular theory, I really hope it's incorrect cos it's very predictable.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
The cast interactions feel really genuine. Its sweet. There is a nice balance of screen time between characters - although still heavy on Skye for now. Coulson is a great leader, controlling his pack well. He knows he was really dead.

Its cool they've tied it in with the Marvel movie. Mopping up the mess on the ground floor. The little guys doing the tough work, admirable. So far we have the Slingshot, the Fridge and the Sandbox.

Oh noooo Simmons has the virus :( the first real threat to breaking up the team - it has to be the sweet one too. Like Kaylee...
Although Skye being shot in the belly is a bit like Kaylee too
Fitz is less of a mess than I expected he would be, I didn't remember this bit of the episode. Good chance to rekindle SkyeWard again. I love the way they film this, just the lighting and music alone makes it heartwrenching. They know how to get the reaction they want from the audience, an easy ride, just to follow the story without any effort. Now we get the full Fitz effect! Oh I remember this falling out of the plane bit. How could I forget this bit! And the scolding from Coulson aww.

Yay May. Such a clever lady.

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
one of my fave episodes

Mr Trick

Scooby
This feels like what Prophecy Girl was for Buffy. The episode where the light bulb switched and suddenly we saw what the show could be at its best. The characters are really starting to come into their own and working beautifully as an ensemble cast. There's lots of great drama and tension throughout. Great episode.

Top Bottom