• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of SHIELD 1.14 "T.A.H.I.T.I." - Aired 03/05/14 (ABC-US)

Black Eye Guy

Taking over the World!
Black Thorn
Coulson goes on the attack to save Skye"”enlisting the aid of Ward's former S.O. John Garrett (Bill Paxton)"”and uncovers shocking truths about his own life and S.H.I.E.L.D.
http://abc.go.com/shows/marvels-agents-of-shield/episode-guide

I haven't watched it yet, gonna settle in and watch it in a bit, but I'm really excited that it's back, which I was kinda surprised as I hadn't realised how much I've grown to enjoy the show!

Black Eye Guy

Taking over the World!
Black Thorn
What a fantastic episode. The show has really hit it's stride, and it's got enough really great episodes that I dont think it's just a good arc, the series has really stepped it up a notch.

I got a bit pissed when I thought they weren't gonna show us what Coulson saw in T.A.H.I.T.I., what was it some kind of alien?
I really wanna know who owned the base, if it wasn't SHIELD operated, and since the medical staff aren't SHIELD agents, who could they be that SHIELD would work so closely with them?

Paxton was a great character, I'm glad he's round for a bit. I normally hate flashback episodes, but I'd love a flashback episode seeing Coulson and Paxtons characters on a mission together.

And again they really played the Skye thing well, I knew she wasn't going to die, but just like in the last episode, there was something in the back of my head going "she COULD die"

I think I'm gonna do a rewatch of the series already, between not being fully invested at the start and the huge gaps between episodes, I feel like I haven't taken all things about the show in.

Xin Rong

Killed by Dissertation
Am I the only one who finds these characters, well most of them other than May and Coulson, completely dulll? I actually wanted Skye to die, so that her character would stop boring me in every episode.

I think you can really see the lack of Joss's direct involvement in this show as it continues, I'm hoping the next episode is better, but I'm quickly losing faith in the future of this show.

Black Eye Guy

Taking over the World!
Black Thorn
Am I the only one who finds these characters, well most of them other than May and Coulson, completely dulll? I actually wanted Skye to die, so that her character would stop boring me in every episode.

I think you can really see the lack of Joss's direct involvement in this show as it continues, I'm hoping the next episode is better, but I'm quickly losing faith in the future of this show.
I'm the exact opposite, lol, I'd be quite happy if May and Ward died, for me, the two of them are incredibly dull and lack any kid of personality.

Still a Scoobie

Nocturnal Lurker
May, Coulson and Fitz/Simmons are the ones I'm most interested in. Ward is seriously lacking in character but in a way that is his character, and he's slowly growing into a more rounded character. Skye's a little boring but I think her being an 0-8-4 gives some potential for growth there. We should have got a bit more of her searching for her parents in the early episodes, imo.

Back to this episode though, I was actually less impressed than with the last few but I was prepared to forgive it based on the way things have been going recently.

There's not a lot more to say, really. We knew this was going to be the episode that Skye was saved, we knew Coulson would try and do that by getting back to "Tahiti"/Bethesda, which meant we would find out more about how he was brought back. These things happened. The end.

I won't be judging the Alien or whatever it was until we've got more of an explanation of what's going on there. The clairvoyant's getting more prominent too, but not really more ominous. I'm looking forward to meeting him, though.

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Next episode looks like it'll be a very good one, though.

SRMarx

Potential
This episode felt like a little bit of a letdown after the last episode, but still a good episode. I am curious to see Skye after she wakes up.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
This episode ticked along okay, not as good as last weeks, no real surprises because we knew they were gonna save Skye.
But the T.A.H.I.T.I reveal was a nice touch, Coulson totally sold that haunted look as he explored the mystery base.

Things that worked-
-Bill Paxton...just Bill Paxton being awesome. Loved it. :)
-Like Tripp, initial impressions- more interesting than Ward anyway.
-May going badass again- she's quickly becoming my favourite character because she has flaws, and a cool attitude...and is hot. :D (Although Coulson is still my favourite for now)
- The plot is really burning away nicely, more info on the Clairvoyant, I'm intrigued.
-The nice teaser at the end...I'm guessing she's an escaped prisoner.
-Next week looks good.
Things that didn't-
- The whole 'we're a family' thing...rang false. They haven't sold that for me, they may have lain ground work for the plot but some of the characters (Ward and Skye in particular) are kind of hollow in my opinion, and their connections to each other haven't been solidified enough for this.
- The Tripp/Simmons thing came out of nowhere. It seemed like 'microwaved' attraction, to serve the plot with no actual chemistry. Wait and see if it improves.
- Killing a couple of hapless security guards sat wrong with me...but I think they might do something more with it. I would like to see some consequences to this.
-Fitz still bugs the hell out of me...kill him off.

Thank god for no more breaks...they can start to build momentum for the finale. :)

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Super excited for this episode since the break. There is a lot of interesting storylines that I can't wait to see, and hopefully will, unfold. What's with the alien? What is Skye? What happened with Centipede? What's with all the coverup and sneakiness over Coulsons death. I wonder if we'll find out who the clairvoyant is this season. It was funny to see Bill Paxton on the small screen, I've only seen him in movies, but I liked his character and his relationship with Coulson. Plus nice cliffhanger ending, can't wait for the next episode.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Straight into it. I wonder if Skyes background helped her survive, cos they do make it sound pretty bad! Poor team, taking it hard. Strange to see May lose control, but I guess it shows the depth of grief.

The docking on a plane is pretty cool, Trip!!! YAY!

So we meet the clairvoyant. There is just no sign of Ward being evil, he seems so genuine WAAAA
Only there to threaten Kane, did Kane know him directly before? "The clairvoyant can finally see" ?

I wonder if FitzSimmons felt silly doing the holotable moves? Bet it doesnt look as cool without the graphics.

Got totally sucked in to this bit. Always love a bit of jumping up the cargo ramp just in time.

Now to see how Skye comes back... I dont remember this as clearly as I thought. Was that an ice giant? I forget all the marvel monsters.

Top Bottom