• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of SHIELD 1.15 "Yes Man" - Aired 03/12/14 (ABC-US)

Black Eye Guy

Taking over the World!
Black Thorn
When Coulson and his team are attacked by Lorelei"”a deadly seductress who escaped from Asgard"”Thor's Lady Sif, her longtime nemesis, steps in to try to save them.
http://abc.go.com/shows/marvels-agents-of-shield/episode-guide

How is this show taking ANOTHER break next week!

Anyway, this episode was awesome! I thought there was a couple of issues with direction, the episode didn't flow and there was a lot of clunky parts.

But the story was fantastic! This was more like the episode I was expecting from the promised Thor episode from a few months ago.

I hope there are more like these, but they only need like 2/3 a season.

It was great to see more of Sif, who was always a stand out on Thor, and it was great the see the show venture into the the mystical sci-fi, the group is so based in science in the world were there is a lot more to explore.

I loved all the cross over bits like Lorelei was freed during the breakout in Thor 2, and when Sif mentions that Odin wanted Lorelei returned alive, and since we know from Thor 2 that Loki has replaced Odin I can't wait to see what that is up about, and I love that we don't know if that will be something in the show, or it could be something in Thor 3! I always loved when TV shows do crossovers, but the Marvelverse crossovers are just so damn cool, cuz they just seem so much bigger.

Ward and May were such a drag this episode though, they are my least favourite characters, but having May be upset that Ward slept with Lorelei was a really bad choice. It would have been better to do it the other way round as I actually believed May when she said it wouldn't be a problem, and I thought Ward was going to have the problem. Having May be the tough-exterior female character, who secretly pines for the guy, kinda undermines how the character was set up. I wish the show would stay away from relationships, it needs to take on more of it's procedural elements in the relationship parts and have them be very very minor b-stories.

The ending was good though, it's good Coulson told someone the truth, but I don't get his logic for not telling the rest. I called it in the first episode that May was going to betray Coulson, I think I said in the first episode thread that I thought she knew the full truth about him already and was in place to make sure he doesn't find out. Even with calling it, it was a good twist and will hopefully make May a more interesting character.

Xin Rong

Killed by Dissertation
It was the best episode so far, 'cos of Silf, but yet another 'secret' with only tidbits of information being revealed, which I'm guessing is supposed to build suspense but just bores the *shit out of me if I'm honest: it's starting to feel a little like 'Lost'

Still a Scoobie
Still a Scoobie
Totally. I never saw Lost but I agree this whole thing is dragging a bit

Still a Scoobie

Nocturnal Lurker
Ward and May were such a drag this episode though, they are my least favourite characters, but having May be upset that Ward slept with Lorelei was a really bad choice. It would have been better to do it the other way round as I actually believed May when she said it wouldn't be a problem, and I thought Ward was going to have the problem. Having May be the tough-exterior female character, who secretly pines for the guy, kinda undermines how the character was set up. I wish the show would stay away from relationships, it needs to take on more of it's procedural elements in the relationship parts and have them be very very minor b-stories.
I thought May was upset because Ward's in love with Skye (as implied by Lorelei and semi-confirmed by Ward), rather than because Lorelei bewitched him into sleeping with her. Which is sort of worse, really, but not because May's character suffers from having a softer side (although maybe it should have stayed buried for a couple more seasons). The reason I think it's bad is that a) it doesn't make sense; Ward seemed so invested in his thing with May, including some major jealousy thing with Coulson in T.R.A.C.K.S. but now he's acting like he's the one who wasn't that bothered and b) Ward and Skye is just far too obvious.

Great ep. though. Love the Asgardian elements.

Looking ahead, Coulson's quest for truth and justice seems to be heading for a confrontation with Fury which, while it'd be kick-ass for Samuel L Jackson to be in the show for a short while, I can't see Coulson doing well out of. What does he think he's going to do to Nick Fury? How does he think it'll go for him after he accomplishes whatever it is that's on his mind?

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
How is this show taking ANOTHER break next week!
I think it hurt the show for some early buffy fans.

I remember thinking this episode was a bit lame on the first run but I am much more hyped this time round! Haha, the powers don't work on women cos "men have an inherent weakness" LOOLOLOL another joke that might not work now. Lady Sif is cooler than I remember, Asgardian Xena.

Ah Kree! That answers my question from the last thread

Why did they send a team of men :rolleyes: such a male plan. No surprise she gets the terminator on her side.

I like it when Coulson takes charge. Jemma was out of line arguing back like that. And when he looks at the girls like they are idiots, "are you kidding?.. open the door and let her in". The first in a long line of head/brain injuries for Fitz. Oh May, trashing the plane :( Please punch him anyway. YAY! Nice way to dump him.

I liked the ep, cool it ties in with the movies without too much of the movies in it. May is all mysterious still. I didnt think she was all too upset by Ward and used her easy out. Probably more upset there was no more sexy booty call for her than anything relationship deep.

Top Bottom