• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Discussion of The Vampire Slayer #3 - Released 6/29/22 (Boom! Studios)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Xander is fed up with Giles and Willow for being such a drag!

But while they sort their mistakes out, Xander soon finds himself alone and under attack by a creature that proves too much for him. That is, until an unexpected would-be foe comes to his rescue, leading to a deal that could work out very well for the both of them...

Source: Amazon

GreyWalker1958

Potential
We can tell now everyone's fresh out of fecks to give when the quality of the comics under Boom went from "ok, there's some promise..." 3 years ago to "Stop, STOP!! It's already screwed!..."

Plasma

Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! ❤️
Staff member
I think at this point Boom is just biding their time until they can pawn this franchise off onto someone else.

They have no idea what to do with it, and frankly never really did. The whole reboot angle has been done so poorly from jump

Angel6

Potential
Sineya
I think at this point Boom is just biding their time until they can pawn this franchise off onto someone else.

They have no idea what to do with it, and frankly never really did. The whole reboot angle has been done so poorly from jump
I don’t like any of the sequel stuff from Dark Horse so I was really excited for the reboot angle but I agree. Maybe the best route to go down is have a series set in season 2 or 3 and have some classic adventures set in that time period. That could work really well.

Faded90

Scooby

To be honest I think this is the case with pretty much the entirety of the comics including the S8 onwards comics which Joss got bored of after about 5 minutes

Gingerbread

Townie
Unpopular opinion, but I actually really enjoyed this one. I like that with this latest AU reboot they’ve taken them out of high school and, so far, kept the cast to a manageable size.
I think one of the areas where the initial Boom! run went wrong (I know, it went wrong lots of ways) was rushing to introduce a ton of fan-favourite characters ASAP and not giving any of the core scoobies enough development time.
Anyway - I’m still sceptical due to the mess that the last run ended up in after the first 5ish issues, but I found this version of Xander funny and likeable (not always my reaction to Xander) and the spell-gone-wrong conceit is pretty compelling. I’ll be keeping my expectations low - but they’ve got me as a reader for at least a few more issues.
Post automatically merged:

I don’t like any of the sequel stuff from Dark Horse so I was really excited for the reboot angle but I agree. Maybe the best route to go down is have a series set in season 2 or 3 and have some classic adventures set in that time period. That could work really well.
I love this idea! Like revisiting the original Buffy comics era, which are now collected in the ‘Legacy’ volumes. The quality there is pretty patchy, so revisiting and revamping those could be great.

Top Bottom