• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Discussion of Willow: Wonderland #1 - Released 11/07/12 (Dark Horse)

white avenger

white avenger
I just got through reading this, and I have to say, I'm still waiting to be impressed, and the "I'm who that character was actually based on," gag has been done to death. Hopefully, it's gonna get better soon.

And I'm still not convinced that the whole "the world needs its magic restored" thing isn't just Willow's perception, coupled with the desire to regain her power.

And, by the way, Cokes have tasted strange for years. That's why I switched to Dr Pepper.

Gum Gnome33
Gum Gnome33
[No message]
crazysoulless
crazysoulless
[No message]
I don't know why but I expected the re-entrance of Muffitt. So far, the story is straightforward and predictable. Willow meets magic creatures and asks them about the source of magic. So?
I hope the next issue will feature something more interesting and controversial.

white avenger

white avenger
Maybe Willow can wind up back in the Wishverse after the Master and all of his minions are long since dusted, and she meets up with the Wishverse Tara, That would be good, and it would bring the magic back into Willow's universe.

VisionGirl

Newly Human
Sineya
And I'm still not convinced that the whole "the world needs its magic restored" thing isn't just Willow's perception, coupled with the desire to regain her power.
Yeah, I'm not completely convinced either. I mean, I think she has a point, & I DO like the fact that a world without magic has reprucussions, but I agree that that's not her whole motive.
And, by the way, Cokes have tasted strange for years. That's why I switched to Dr Pepper.
Haha, I'm a Diet Dr Pepper drinker.

I do adore the cover.

tec

Myastur Mispellur
All three covers I seen so far of Willow are amazeing

white avenger

white avenger
What are you refuring to?

(I just got through reading this, and I have to say, I'm still waiting to be impressed, and the "I'm who that character was actually based on," gag has been done to death. Hopefully, it's gonna get better soon.)

Specifically, the giant caterpillar who in an obvious rip off from "Alice In Wonderland," but there have been, and doubtless will be in future issues, more, including, of course, Willow herself as her journey has so far paralleled Alice's, with elements from Dorothy's adventures in Oz tossed in for good measure

tec

Myastur Mispellur
Ah ok I see that
but haveing a parallel like that is it a bad thing?

white avenger

white avenger
Ah ok I see that
but haveing a parallel like that is it a bad thing?

No necessarily a bad thing if it's used sparingly, and we're already up to Issue 3 without having Willow met the Mad Hatter (though it might be argued that his hat makes a brief appearance beginning dead center of Page 3) or the Cheshire Cat.

But the miniseries isn't over yet.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
I thought this issue was just plain awful. The writing was bad. Willow would have been an idiot to trust Marrak and not realize he was a bad guy. And even if the issue wasn't terrible, are they really trying to pretend that Willow is doing this for anyone other than herself, or is Willow deluding herself? Hopefully it's the latter because, come on.

Top Bottom