• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Do I have all the Buffyverse comics?

I am trying to track down all the Buffy/Angel/Spike stories in one format or another. I believe I now have everything, but I wanted to make sure

Here is what I've got
-Tales (Hardcover)
-Fray: The Complete Series (TPB)
-Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Volume 1
-Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Volume 2
-Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Volume 3
-Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Volume 4
-Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Volume 5
-Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Volume 6
-Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Volume 7
-Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8, issues 1-40+Riley and Willow One Shots
-Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 Predators and Prey (TPB) for the Myspace/Dark Horse Presents shorts
-Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 Retreat (TPB) for the Myspace/Dark Horse Presents shorts
-Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 9, issues 1-25+In Space No One Can Hear You Slay+Dark Horse Presents 25-27 for Love vs Life
-Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 9 Freefall (TPB) for Magical Mystery Tour short
-Willow: Wonderland (TPB)
-Spike: A Dark Place (TPB)
-Angel and Faith issues 1-25
-Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10 New Rules (TPB)
-Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10 I Wish (TPB)
-Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10 Love Dares You (TPB)
-Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10 Old Demons (TPB)
-Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10 In Pieces on the Ground (TPB)
-Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10 Own It (TPB)
-Angel and Faith Season 10 Issues 1-25
-Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 11 issues 1-2 (so far)
-Angel: After the Fall Volume 1 (hardcover)
-Spike: After the Fall (Hardcover)
-Angel: After the Fall Volume 2 (hardcover)
-Angel: After the Fall Volume 3 (hardcover)
-Angel: After the Fall Volume 4 (hardcover)
-Angel: Season Six Volume 2 (hardcover)
-Angel Omnibus
-Angel Omnibus 1 (IDW)
-Angel Omnibus 2 (IDW)
-Angel: Masks (One shot)
-Fallen Angel: Reborn (TPB) Illyria crossover
-Angel: The John Byrne Collection
-Angel: Spotlight (TPB)
-Angel: The End (Hardcover)
-Angel: Only Human (TPB)
-Illyria: Haunted issues 1-4
-Spike Omnibus
-Spike: The Complete Series (TPB)
-Spike: into the Light (TPB)
-Spike: A Dark Place (TPB)
-Spike: The Devil You Know
-Buffy: The High School Years: Freaks and Geeks (TPB)
-Buffy: The High School Years: Glutton for Punishment (TPB)

And I have Parental Parasite on preorder

Is there anything you can think of that I'm missing?

Guy

Scooby
Black Thorn
Do you have the old 'Angel' Dark Horse series? From 1999-2001?

All of the old Angel comics are included in either the Buffy Omnibuses or the Dark Horse Angel Omnibus, which I have

I'm glad I stumbled on this thread, it's really helpful for someone like me who wants to start building a collection.

Last edited:
The free comic book day one was the only thing that came to mind just reading through too.

You do realise I assume that not all of those are canon. This thread discussed the canon comics and reading order if that is at all helpful (I appreciate you might not care at all about canonicity). :)

EDIT: Actually calling that thread back up just reminded me that a couple of IDW one shots (one Angel and one Lorne) were mentioned in it that I'd intended to look into and haven't yet. Not canon, but I thought the Lorne one might be interesting and you don't seem to have those on your list, unless they're included in with other ones of course.

Last edited:
The free comic book day one was the only thing that came to mind just reading through too.

You do realise I assume that not all of those are canon. This thread discussed the canon comics and reading order if that is at all helpful (I appreciate you might not care at all about canonicity). :)

EDIT: Actually calling that thread back up just reminded me that a couple of IDW one shots (one Angel and one Lorne) were mentioned in it that I'd intended to look into and haven't yet. Not canon, but I thought the Lorne one might be interesting and you don't seem to have those on your list, unless they're included in with other ones of course.
I have since acquired the FCBD issue.

The Lorne one-shot is included in the John Byrne Collection, which I have. The Angel one shot is included in The End, which I also have.

I'm up to date through season 11.

To my knowledge, all I'm missing is Rogues Gallery
This story was originally published in the comic shop catalog Previews, from March 1999 to February 2000, in twelve installments of two pages per issue.

According to editor Scott Allie, Rogues Gallery was not archived and therefore could not be collected (neither in the omnibuses nor the "Classic"), making it the only Buffy story not to be reprinted.
Rogues Gallery

Can't even find any scans online, let alone the actual comics to buy. You'd have to buy 12 magazines which are nearly impossible to locate individually, let alone all together 19 years later.

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
I only have comics post series. I believe I have all of those, both the Angel series and the Buffy etc stuff. I never had any real interest in the befores. I have some books, but I've barely even seen the previous comics. Did I miss something I need for canon purposes? What do you guys think?

I only have comics post series. I believe I have all of those, both the Angel series and the Buffy etc stuff. I never had any real interest in the befores. I have some books, but I've barely even seen the previous comics. Did I miss something I need for canon purposes? What do you guys think?
The Origin, Fray, Tales of the Slayer, and Tales of the Vampires, and the four High School Years stories are the big ones that everyone agrees are canon.

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
I have Fray and (i think) tales of the slayer. I don't really think of tales as Buffy comics., but they were interesting. I also have the Malice book about Faith. If it all fell into my lap I would probably collect them but I am probably not going to run out and get them.

Working on tracking down Rogues Gallery.

Of the 12 magazines you need, I have:
Previews March 1999
Previews July 1999
Previews August 1999
Previews October 1999
Previews November 1999
Previews December 1999
Previews January 2000
Previews February 2000

So I need April, May, June, and September 1999 and I'll have the whole story. Which will mean I'll have every single Buffy, Angel, Tales, Spike, and Fray comic story ever published.
[automerge]1524587652[/automerge]
My friend just pointed me to an online shop that had the June issue, so now I just need April, May, and September 1999. So close.

It's like trying to assemble the Dragon Balls

Last edited:
My July issue ended up getting ruined in a flood before shipping, so that set me back one. But I did get September.

So I need April, May, and July 1999.

Tracked down another magazine. Got May 1999. Also finally got Dark Horse Extra #38, so now I just need Previews 1999 April and July and I'll have a 100% complete Buffyverse comics collection.

The Ferg
The Ferg
Nice!
Thanks to fellow member fkawa I was able to complete my Rogues Gallery set. He sold me a complete set, so I ended up with duplicates of 10 of them, but oddly enough I stumbled upon those two missing ones the very next day.

So after it took me this long to complete the first set, I managed to complete the second in another two days. Funny how it works out some times.

So anyway, besides future releases, I now have a 100% complete Buffyverse comics collection. Every single Buffy, Angel, Spike, Fray, Tales, etc story ever published. Individual issues, graphic novels, Dark Horse Extra newspaper strip style exclusives, the Previews magazine exclusives, all the web comics and short back ups.

Not sure what I will do with the second copy of Rogues Gallery yet.

I took the first copy and put all the pages into one of those presentation folders with page protectors so I could read them like an actual comic book.

Congrats on completing Rouge’s Gallery! I’ve been searching for two years, and so far all I’ve got is three issues. If anyone could help out with completing the set, or pointing me in the right direction, I would be very grateful. I’ve been going at it solo for a while now. I really would love to complete my Buffy/Angel collection.

To anyone interested, I have had a few emails back and forth with former Dark Horse Comics and Buffy comics editor Scott Allie. I asked him if there were any way I could get someone at Dark Horse to legitimately release scans of these pages. He said no, and that I should just scan them and post them online myself and to quote him as saying this is the only way for most people to read them. So I'll be doing that eventually (I don't own a scanner).

Real Angel
Real Angel
Super!
So anyway, besides future releases, I now have a 100% complete Buffyverse comics collection. Every single Buffy, Angel, Spike, Fray, Tales, etc story ever published. Individual issues, graphic novels, Dark Horse Extra newspaper strip style exclusives, the Previews magazine exclusives, all the web comics and short back ups.
Refresh my memory. What were the dark horse extra exclusives again? Was that the random angel three panel comic thing that came packaged inside cereal boxes or something? Also, what were the web comics and short backs up?

I’m basing my collection completion on an extensive spreadsheet someone on reddit put together in order to obtain every buffy/ comic written. It’s actually pretty extensive and I believe it’s absoultely everything: Buffy and Angel Comic Collecting Guide

Angel: Untitled (which is also available as a motion comic on an old link at Dark Horse's website) is the Dark Horse Extra exclusive. It ran from issue 36-38 and was never reprinted. You either track down the issues or you read the comic online.

That's also where they printed the prologue story to Haunted, which didn't make it into the omnibus but DID make it into the Haunted trade paperback.

It looks like the site you are following covers all of the stuff I mentioned. The web comics and back ups are covered in the library editions, omnibuses, and trade paperbacks.

Yeah, that was it, “Angel Untitled”. I never really pursued this one, but I did get the haunted trade paperback. It looks like the only part of the collection I’m missing now is Rogue’s Gallery and Angel Untitled.

Top Bottom