• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Do you consider The Nevers a Joss Whedon show?

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Sure, maybe if Season 2 gets retooled and runs for another six seasons. But as it stands, he produced the first half of season 1, he probably has some influence on the second half. It’s a a Joss show, for now.

B
Btvs fan
S1 was fully filmed under him. Only some post production needed to be completed

Btvs fan

Scooby
Do you think of the Nevers as a Whedon show, or since he is now out of the picture, is it completely disconnected?
It was completely filmed under him before he was fired. Only a bit of post production needed to be done. So yeah it is a Whedon show in all but name

Priceless

Scooby
Yes definitely, for reasons already stated. I don't like cancel culture and the modern need to erase people out of the work they've done, especially on 'moral' grounds.

sk

The Overlooked One
Sineya
I think I would call it a Joss Whedon show since he created it, written and directed a huge part so far.
After watching the first three episodes I can’t say that it feels like a typical Whedon show though.

Still quite like it. Especially episode 2 and 3.
So good for him to do something a bit different from his usual style I guess...

/SK

Synch

Townie
He also led the writers room (Fall '18 - Winter '19) when they wrote the first 10 episodes (we only know Laurie Penny wrote or co-wrote 1x09). And I'm pretty sure Joss mapped out several seasons (at least the 2nd: NOT the 2nd part of the first season, episodes 7 to 12, but Season 2, starting episode 13 now).

Top Bottom