• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Do you feel sorry for Dru because she lost Spike to "The Slayer"?

I always feel sorry for Dru. Everyone leaves her even though she was the most lonely/dependant/vulnerable of that particular group.

I mean, I know she left Spike but to be fair he betrayed her first...

GoSpuffy

Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer
Black Thorn
I always feel sorry for Dru. Everyone leaves her even though she was the most lonely/dependant/vulnerable of that particular group.

I mean, I know she left Spike but to be fair he betrayed her first...
I don't agree Spike betrayed her first. He made the deal to fight with Buffy against Angel but only after making sure Dru would be okay first. It was Dru that sent him away.

I don't agree Spike betrayed her first. He made the deal to fight with Buffy against Angel but only after making sure Dru would be okay first.
That's literally what he did. He went behind their back and betrayed Angelus and Dru to Buffy so he could get Dru back. He even says so to Buffy.
I completely get why Dru would see that as a betrayal- you don't turn on family.

What Spike should've done is stand up from his wheelchair in the middle of one of Angelus' snarky put-down speeches, beat him down and then tell him that he'll have to share Dru from now on.
That's what you do if you're the 'Big Bad', and I'm sure Dru would've loved him for it.

Sineya
There were only two times I really felt sorry for Dru.

The first was when we flash back to pre-vamp Dru. Angelus has killed everyone she cares about and she lets out her first maniacal laugh.
The second is in "Angel and Faith: Daddy Issues" when she knows her madness is about to return and she's begging Angel to let her stay sane.

cryptwarmer

I'm in charge of morale!
Black Thorn
But do you think it's because she actually wanted Spike because he is Spike, or just so it could be the Fanged Four as she was used to?
Spike filled (at least) two roles in her life caretaker/champion and sexual/romantic. Even if she no longer wanted him or needed him in a s/r way, she also lost her c/c, which was at least as important to her. Filling that role in her life was important to Spike as well, it was part of who he was.

That adds a lot of complexity. Dru was pretty messed up so losing her c/c was a pretty big deal.

Athena

I'm not what you think I am
Staff member
Black Thorn
That's literally what he did. He went behind their back and betrayed Angelus and Dru to Buffy so he could get Dru back.

He did it to save the world as he saw it. As much as he loved Dru, he loved their world as well, with the happy meals on legs and Manchester United etc. He did what he had to do to protect his way of life, as well as getting Dru back.

Wildfly

blue fire
Black Thorn
Not sure. After all he had no problem assembling the smurf for Dru and that one was aimed to destroy the world too.
But that Angel would be the one to end the world and get all the credit and Dru's attention that was too much for Spike :)

If he cared that much for manchester united he'd have stayed and helped Buffy.
And not leaving happily with Dru.

He did it to save the world as he saw it. As much as he loved Dru, he loved their world as well, with the happy meals on legs and Manchester United etc. He did what he had to do to protect his way of life, as well as getting Dru back.
What about 'The Judge' though? The demon specifically designed to destroy all humanity. Spike pieced that together as a present for Dru.

And Spike was walking by the end of 'IOHEFY' so he could've won Dru back right there and then before the whole Acathla thing even became an issue, but instead he was sneaky and underhand.
I think it was mostly about getting Dru back, the rest wasa just to convince Buffy that he was on the level. Also he was quite happy to leave Buffy and Angelus to their apocalypse once he had what he wanted.
I get why he did it but I also get why Dru broke up with him for doing it...

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
Spike filled (at least) two roles in her life caretaker/champion and sexual/romantic. Even if she no longer wanted him or needed him in a s/r way, she also lost her c/c, which was at least as important to her. Filling that role in her life was important to Spike as well, it was part of who he was.

That adds a lot of complexity. Dru was pretty messed up so losing her c/c was a pretty big deal.
I think I pretty much alone here in saying I feel sorry for Dru. She knew she could lose Spike to Buffy which is why she keep pushing Spike
to kill her . That way they would still be tighter. After all Spike was the only one who was nice to Dru & that count for a lot .
Angelius was just because he had tortured her & she had fixated on him because of that.

That is just your own fanon. Canon showed us he really didn't care when he left Buffy alone ,who looked to be losing at that point, to fight Angelus.

I always feel sorry for Dru. For one thing I remember how broken she already was a human because of her visions. And her main priority was always family, not killing/torture/mayhem. One has to only watch early S2 and how much she hates souled Angel for breaking the family up.

ChaseRules

Sineya
I agree with what you said.
You never see her killing like the rest of her " Family did . She wanted them back & Angel just keeps pushing her away .

ChaseRules

Sineya
Kendra challenged Dru . She shouldn't have looked at Dru in the first place.

Athena

I'm not what you think I am
Staff member
Black Thorn
Kendra was the most rubbish slayer in history. She was only around for five minutes and she got killed, did she learn nothing out of that slayer handbook she read so religiously?! Just goes to show, study hard at slaying and you'll get done, wing it like Buffy and you'll die twice but keep on coming back for more! :D

Don't see what's so funny about the truth. Spike is all 'I wanna save the world' and then contradicts himself in the same speech (and Buffy calls him on it) because it's really about getting Dru back. And then compounds it by walking off leaving Buffy to fight Angelus alone. Angelus looked to be winning at that point so Acathla being awakened is only a few minutes away and there goes your world Spike.

Hence it's fanon and not canon when people use that 'he wants to save the world' argument when it comes to Spike, using the Becoming speech as proof. Because it was utter BS and canon showed us that.

Top Bottom