• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Do you feel sorry for Dru because she lost Spike to "The Slayer"?

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I thought he said 'God, he's gonna kill her.' *pause* then he shrugs and walks off. It was actually an amusing Spike moment.

cryptwarmer
cryptwarmer
yup, for a nanosecond he either cared, or was surprised that Angel could best the Slayer (he respected her skill) then typicals Spike...not my monkeys, not my circus

Wildfly

blue fire
Black Thorn
That was a great Spike moment i still cherish :) S2 wasn't about Spike being noble and saving the world.

Back to Dru, she is completely taken with Angel when he is around so i wonder if she'd missed him while she was with Spike or if she was content and Spike was right about he and Dru being happy while he was gone. Wonder if she is better off without and more tortured when Angel is being around what with him bringing back old memories.

cryptwarmer

I'm in charge of morale!
Black Thorn
Back to Dru, she is completely taken with Angel when he is around so i wonder if she'd missed him while she was with Spike or if she was content and Spike was right about he and Dru being happy while he was gone. Wonder if she is better off without and more tortured when Angel is being around what with him bringing back old memories.
I get a sense that Dru was sorta "bigger, faster, louder, more violent". She relished Spike's reckless thrill for the kill, when Angel was around, and dominant, she relished him. She didn't seem to be much for finding her own thrill, hence her following someone who is.

She liked it rough, and found it was better when someone else was roughing her up than anything she could manage on her own.

When Spike was going soft, he wasn't giving her what she wanted.

Remember when Giles was getting tortured and they wanted info out of him so Spike set Dru on him, she did the thrall, made like she was Jenny. Then she wouldn't stop kissing Giles till Spike called her off. Dru's response was "sorry, I was in the moment."

I think that is her, she's in the moment and whatever fun was to be had. She was happy with Spike and not missing Angel as long as Spike was his ballsy reckless violent self. But when Angel was there, goody for her, she got twice as much violence and crazy PLUS...watching Spike and Angel go at each other.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
Until Spike started likeing Buffy Dru loved being around him. After all Angelius had taught her to love that kind of fun :p

Dru ended their relationship, and I always felt her truest love was for Angelus, who could 'always speak to a girls heart', so I never felt sorry for her

Dru ended their relationship, and I always felt her truest love was for Angelus, who could 'always speak to a girls heart', so I never felt sorry for her
I think there is an underlying issue there in regards to Dru/Angelus aka Angelus "trained" Dru to respond to him in that way.

1. Spike never blamed Dru for what happened with Angelus whereas he was quick to call her out on making out with the chaos demon. Spike is not blind to Dru cheating when she does it so he's not in denial about what went on between her and Angelus. Spike knew Angelus was using Dru to make a point eg asserting dominance over Spike by taking "Spike's girl".

2. Even when Angelus was on the scene, Dru still maintained affection for Spike. We see her bring food to Spike (to which Spike responds he doesn't want her feeding him like a child), Angelus makes a jibe about Dru dressing and carrying Spike around like one, we see Dru asking Spike if he wants to come and destroy the world with her and Angelus (it's Angelus who says no), we see her sit on Spike's lap and kiss him when they're going to get Acathla (Angelus pulls her away), Angelus also says that Dru gives Spike "pity access". Considering Dru is still sleeping with Spike, even with Angelus on the scene, I would say she loved Spike more and she was only sleeping with Angelus because that is what she was "trained" to do rather than her switching to Angelus and dumping Spike.

I do feel sorry for Dru because she did love Spike and I think the vision she saw of Spike and Buffy together was almost a self-fulfilling one. She saw Spuffy, punished Spike for the transgression he "committed" by cheating (despite him doing nothing wrong), and because of her actions, that drove Spike back to Sunnydale and towards Buffy. In my opinion though, the writers could've just made Drusilla's vision of Spuffy be the events of "something blue". Even better they could've had Dru take Spike to W&H to get his chip out in exchange for siring Darla, then we could've had the Whirlwind back together on "Angel" where Angel could've had an arc on being torn between his two "families", the one in his past and the one in his present/future.

1. Spike never blamed Dru for what happened with Angelus whereas he was quick to call her out on making out with the chaos demon. Spike is not blind to Dru cheating when she does it so he's not in denial about what went on between her and Angelus. Spike knew Angelus was using Dru to make a point eg asserting dominance over Spike by taking "Spike's girl".
I agree Spike understands Dru's love for her Sire, that's just the way it is in vampire families and Spike is pragmatic about these things. He's slept with Angelus too and appears to have a strange affection for him.

2. Even when Angelus was on the scene, Dru still maintained affection for Spike. We see her bring food to Spike (to which Spike responds he doesn't want her feeding him like a child), Angelus makes a jibe about Dru dressing and carrying Spike around like one, we see Dru asking Spike if he wants to come and destroy the world with her and Angelus (it's Angelus who says no), we see her sit on Spike's lap and kiss him when they're going to get Acathla (Angelus pulls her away), Angelus also says that Dru gives Spike "pity access". Considering Dru is still sleeping with Spike, even with Angelus on the scene, I would say she loved Spike more and she was only sleeping with Angelus because that is what she was "trained" to do rather than her switching to Angelus and dumping Spike.
Dru loved Spike, there's no doubt about that (as long as you believe soulless vampires can love), but I still think the bond vampires have with their Sires is so strong, she had to love Angelus more, just as Spike loved Dru more than she loved him, because of the added resonance of her being his Sire.

I do feel sorry for Dru because she did love Spike and I think the vision she saw of Spike and Buffy together was almost a self-fulfilling one. She saw Spuffy, punished Spike for the transgression he "committed" by cheating (despite him doing nothing wrong), and because of her actions, that drove Spike back to Sunnydale and towards Buffy. In my opinion though, the writers could've just made Drusilla's vision of Spuffy be the events of "something blue". Even better they could've had Dru take Spike to W&H to get his chip out in exchange for siring Darla, then we could've had the Whirlwind back together on "Angel" where Angel could've had an arc on being torn between his two "families", the one in his past and the one in his present/future.
I don't believe that if Dru had not had the vision of Spike and Buffy together, it wouldn't have happened, I believe it had to happen, and Dru realised that too, which is why she told him to go. I am not a massive fan of the Whirlwind and wouldn't have wanted to see them back together, their story was done imo, and Spike had to move on.

I feel incredibly sorry for Dru when I think what Angelus did to her and what she must have gone through, the mental torture must have been harrowing. But I don't pity her failed relationship with Spike, they were together for 100 years and loved each other deeply, she got a lot more from her un-dead life than a lot of the living characters did and in many ways was one of the lucky ones.

He's slept with Angelus too and appears to have a strange affection for him.
I disagree. I don't think Spike and Angelus slept together, also season 2 Spike had seething hatred for Angelus very quickly after Angelus' return rather than affection. In my mind, the "intimate" encounter was that someone got drunk and got into the wrong bed, thinking it was one of the girls, only to realise very quickly that it wasn't. Mutual embarrassment meant that neither would mention it to anyone and especially to each other. As tempting as it is to say that Spike was the drunk one that got in the wrong bed, I actually think it was Angelus who mistook Spike for Darla especially as they would've had a similar hair colour.

Feel free to disagree. Sorry for the size of the pic, honestly didn't realise it was THAT big but I couldn't find a smaller one that gave a good comparison.

P
Priceless
Any pic with Spike in is a good pic :-)
I disagree. I don't think Spike and Angelus slept together, also season 2 Spike had seething hatred for Angelus very quickly after Angelus' return rather than affection. In my mind, the "intimate" encounter was that someone got drunk and got into the wrong bed, thinking it was one of the girls, only to realise very quickly that it wasn't. Mutual embarrassment meant that neither would mention it to anyone and especially to each other. As tempting as it is to say that Spike was the drunk one that got in the wrong bed, I actually think it was Angelus who mistook Spike for Darla especially as they would've had a similar hair colour.
You could very well be right, I've probably read far too much fanfic :) I just assume all vampires are pretty much equal ops sexually. If they bite men and women, then I imagine they are open to sex with men and women and are essentially pan-sexual, if that's the right term.

flow

Scooby
Yes, I feel sorry for Dru. I feel sorry for her because she was not only an innocent victim when she was turned in a vampire but she was driven insane on top of it. That is one of the most horrible stories in BtVS, I think. And I wonder, what would have become of Dru, if she had been sired without the insane part. Woukd she have kept a tiny little part of her former personality ? What hers and Spikes attachment have been even stronger because of this ?

I feel sorry for her for losing Spike to Buffy too. She does not really dump him or cheat on him. She knows, he is lost to her, she knows that he n will love Buffy someday and that he unknowingly to himself has already begun to fall in love with Buffy. She can not endure to be around him while he is in love with another woman. That is actually rather sweet of her.

The part where Spike leaves Buffy and Angelus near the end of becoming part 2 is inconsistent. Spike himself has made it very clear that he wants to be together with Dru in this world and not in some hell Dimension, where there will be neither Manchester United nor happy meals on legs. What is the point in driving Dru in his car out of Sunnydale when he knows not only Sunnydale but also he, Dru, Angelus, the car and the rest of the world will be sucked into a hell Dimension any minute ? He could as well have stayed in his wheel chair. There was only one reason for Spike and Dru leaving the fight scene at this point. The writer wanted Angel and Buffy to be alone for the moment, when Angels soul is returned and they kiss before she kills him. Or could you picture this Scene with Spike and Dru Standing right next to them ? They had to get out of the way and so they did.

Do Darla and Spike really have similar hair colour ? I thought Darla was blond and Spike had (before they invented peroxide) brown hair.

flow

There was only one reason for Spike and Dru leaving the fight scene at this point. The writer wanted Angel and Buffy to be alone for the moment, when Angels soul is returned and they kiss before she kills him. Or could you picture this Scene with Spike and Dru Standing right next to them ? They had to get out of the way and so they did.
Lol at the idea of Spike and Dru just stood there awkwardly not knowing where to look.

Do Darla and Spike really have similar hair colour ? I thought Darla was blond and Spike had (before they invented peroxide) brown hair.
Depending on the lighting, Spike's hair can go from a brown to a sandy blond colour similar to Darla's. The point was though that it would be easier for a drunken Angelus to mistake Spike for Darla due to the similar hair colour then it would be for a drunken Spike to mistake Angelus for Dru. Dru's hair is the darkest and longest of the four.

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
No I don't. Spike and Buffy had true love and Spike imo was infatuated with Buffy since he met her.
Drusilla often didn't seem to care about Spike unlike Buffy who cared for him deeply around S5 - present.
So no Dru can have fun by herself and Buffy can have Spike & Spuffy shippers rejoice :)

Dru cared for Spike, especially when she carried a crippled and near dead Spike away to recover and fed him, behavior that seems unheard of for vampires to do for each other (save Spike for Dru), at least out of affection.

Buffy treated Spike with contempt in season 5 (though grudgingly grateful for resisting Glory, and tapping him out of desperation at the end), and that seems to have continued in season 6 though Buffy was hurt by Spike and Anya having a moment. Only in season 7 did Buffy show what appeared to be genuine love.

Dru is a bit too crazy and baffling to for me to feel sorry for, at least relationship wise. I'm sure had she not dropped Spike (I think to punish him for thwarting the end of the world, which Dru probably sees as an end to her own misery) then Spike would've never returned.

Dru loved him, the only reason she gave him up was because plot demanded it. Crush was basically the writers pushing the Spuffy ship by having Spike reject Dru and getting her out the way so the way was clear for Spuffy. Drusilla is very much on Spike's mind throughout the show as she either appears in a flashback or is mentioned by him in every season he is in. Plus JM and JL had better romantic chemistry than JM and SMG. SMG and JM have better frenemy chemistry.

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
Dru loved him, the only reason she gave him up was because plot demanded it. Crush was basically the writers pushing the Spuffy ship by having Spike reject Dru and getting her out the way so the way was clear for Spuffy. Drusilla is very much on Spike's mind throughout the show as she either appears in a flashback or is mentioned by him in every season he is in. Plus JM and JL had better romantic chemistry than JM and SMG. SMG and JM have better frenemy chemistry.
I disagree with that.
But that's what opinions are for:)