• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Do you feel sorry for Dru because she lost Spike to "The Slayer"?

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I'm sorry for what Angelus did to her, her story is horrible, but not about her losing Spike to Buffy, my opinion as a Spike fan is that Dru doesn't deserve Spike after all he did for her about the ritual, she kept teasing him with Angelus. She kept cheating and dumping him two times, Spike was devoted to make her happy and he is TOO good for her. How can she make out with a disgusting demon (ewwwww!!!!!!!!!) when she have a man like Spike. Plus i think i read one time that Spike was planned to be killed by Angelus and right after that Dru was gonna be his girlfriend so it means that INITIALLY Dru wasn't meant to really care about Spike's death after all he did for her.
I think Angelus "trained" Dru to respond to him in that way. She was still sleeping with Spike even with Angelus on the scene (Angelus refers to her as giving Spike "pity acess") so it's not like she just ditched him. Interestingly enough, it's Angelus who tries to keep Spike and Dru separated eg when Dru invites Spike on the hunt at the end of IOHEFY, it's is Angelus who says no. Likewise, when Dru sits on Spike's lap and kisses him before they go to fetch Acathla, it is Angelus who pulls her away. Angelus is just using Dru to taunt Spike because he knows how much Spike cares for her.

Also, given how the vampires seem very felinesque in certain mannerisms and seem to have a hierarchy similar to that of a lion pride, it's possible that the dominant vampire (who usually tends to be male, but not always eg Sunday) gets their pick of the females. Spike was the dominant male (even whilst in a wheelchair initially), however when Angelus came in, he knocked Spike off his perch (since Spike was unable to defend his position) and took "Spike's girl" in order to assert his dominance over Spike.

I don't think Dru actively chooses to be Angelus' bedwarmer, but it is a role he "trained" her in (and you know he would take great pleasure in turning the once chaste and virginal Drusilla into his sexual plaything) and she just goes along with it because what other option does she have? It's not like he would take no for an answer. If she won't give him what he wants willingly, then he'd take it by force. As kinky as Drusilla is in her sexual endeavours, there is a difference between being hurt in an S&M aspect, and being hurt as punishment.

Also of note is that Spike doesn't blame her for sleeping with Angelus (as if he knows there's an underlying issue there), but he is quick to call her out on making out with the Chaos Demon, which suggests that he's not blind to her actually cheating on him. The Fool for Love flashback of their break up is a retcon of what Spike said happened in Lovers Walk. INITIALLY Dru was supposed to be in Lovers Walk alongside Spike and they were meant to be in the middle of a lovers tiff, however JL was unavailable so it was rewritten that Spike came back alone.

Dru is Angelus' victim, his "masterpiece", I don't think he'd be happy just stopping at making her insane and a vampire, he'd want to corrupt her even more. The "finishing touches" if you will.

Based on what we saw from he and Darla I can't really picture Angelus in a sexual setting that isn't cruel or rapey. Darla was into it, Dru is a another discussion entirely but Spike and Angelus is something I cannot picture. But then again, I can't picture threesomes NOT occurring in the Whirlwind (not involving Darla and Spike, those two don't fit). So, maybe I just don't have a good sense of the Whirlwinds preferences.
I can't really picture Angelus and Spike together either. I was just trying to headcanon what that intimate "one time" was that Spike mentioned that didn't involve them sleeping together. Of course, Spike could've been talking about an emotionally intimate moment (non-sexual) since Illyria was saying about how all the people Angel is intimate with (aka the AI team) will be killed. If "intimate" was meant to be sexual, then Wesley and Gunn had nothing to worry about since they've never slept with Angel.

Angelus refers to Darla not letting him or Spike have a threesome with the two girls (though I think Angelus was using "us" more as a "me" eg "you never let me do that!") when Darla and Dru had a threesome with the Immortal, and I don't see Spike wanting to share Drusilla whilst he is with her. Also apparently he and Harmony had talked about a threesome but Harmony said no unless it was "Boy, boy, girl" which obviously Spike didn't agree too. I agree though that Spike and Darla wouldn't sleep together, she seemed to look down her nose at him, and he was happy to devote his attention to Dru.

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
No I don't feel sorry for her. She wasn't really the faithful type and she did get it on with Angelus as soon as he was back in S2 so I don't think she would care that much. She didn't seem to care much in Crush!

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
I think Angelus "trained" Dru to respond to him in that way. She was still sleeping with Spike even with Angelus on the scene (Angelus refers to her as giving Spike "pity acess") so it's not like she just ditched him. Interestingly enough, it's Angelus who tries to keep Spike and Dru separated eg when Dru invites Spike on the hunt at the end of IOHEFY, it's is Angelus who says no. Likewise, when Dru sits on Spike's lap and kisses him before they go to fetch Acathla, it is Angelus who pulls her away. Angelus is just using Dru to taunt Spike because he knows how much Spike cares for her.

Also, given how the vampires seem very felinesque in certain mannerisms and seem to have a hierarchy similar to that of a lion pride, it's possible that the dominant vampire (who usually tends to be male, but not always eg Sunday) gets their pick of the females. Spike was the dominant male (even whilst in a wheelchair initially), however when Angelus came in, he knocked Spike off his perch (since Spike was unable to defend his position) and took "Spike's girl" in order to assert his dominance over Spike.

I don't think Dru actively chooses to be Angelus' bedwarmer, but it is a role he "trained" her in (and you know he would take great pleasure in turning the once chaste and virginal Drusilla into his sexual plaything) and she just goes along with it because what other option does she have? It's not like he would take no for an answer. If she won't give him what he wants willingly, then he'd take it by force. As kinky as Drusilla is in her sexual endeavours, there is a difference between being hurt in an S&M aspect, and being hurt as punishment.

Also of note is that Spike doesn't blame her for sleeping with Angelus (as if he knows there's an underlying issue there), but he is quick to call her out on making out with the Chaos Demon, which suggests that he's not blind to her actually cheating on him. The Fool for Love flashback of their break up is a retcon of what Spike said happened in Lovers Walk. INITIALLY Dru was supposed to be in Lovers Walk alongside Spike and they were meant to be in the middle of a lovers tiff, however JL was unavailable so it was rewritten that Spike came back alone.

Dru is Angelus' victim, his "masterpiece", I don't think he'd be happy just stopping at making her insane and a vampire, he'd want to corrupt her even more. The "finishing touches" if you will.

I can't really picture Angelus and Spike together either. I was just trying to headcanon what that intimate "one time" was that Spike mentioned that didn't involve them sleeping together. Of course, Spike could've been talking about an emotionally intimate moment (non-sexual) since Illyria was saying about how all the people Angel is intimate with (aka the AI team) will be killed. If "intimate" was meant to be sexual, then Wesley and Gunn had nothing to worry about since they've never slept with Angel.

Angelus refers to Darla not letting him or Spike have a threesome with the two girls (though I think Angelus was using "us" more as a "me" eg "you never let me do that!") when Darla and Dru had a threesome with the Immortal, and I don't see Spike wanting to share Drusilla whilst he is with her. Also apparently he and Harmony had talked about a threesome but Harmony said no unless it was "Boy, boy, girl" which obviously Spike didn't agree too. I agree though that Spike and Darla wouldn't sleep together, she seemedd don't to look down her nose at him, and he was happy to devote his attention to Dru.
I going to agree with you on the fact that Angelus trained Dru to be with him . You just have to look at all the women who stay with boyfriends /husbands even thought they slapped to know it hard to leave a relationship . Plus Dru had been driven mad before she became
a vampire so she wasn't in her right mind . Lastly I sure Angelus didn't stop hurting her after she was turned & made sure that she didn't leave
since like Angel said she was his masterpiece so add another 10 years of being hurt with nobody on her side & I sure she thought that being with
Angel was her perntince for having visions . And don't forgot as far as we know Spike was the only person Dru turned . And she turned Spike since she saw that Spike would be nice to her . After all Spike & Dru were the only vampire couple in Buffy .

Name the Stars

You can't see the stars, love. That's the ceiling.
Black Thorn
No not really. I think, in "Crush" for instance, Drusilla didn't seem very torn up about the whole thing. To be honest, I think she probably finds it very entertaining to see her Spike so lost and lovelorn. I bet she is more amused than upset.

genghiskhan

Potential
Black Thorn
No, she's a soulless vampire. I've got no reason to feel sorry for her, especially since in season 2 it would seem that she would go off with Angelus if she was given the chance.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
No not really. I think, in "Crush" for instance, Drusilla didn't seem very torn up about the whole thing. To be honest, I think she probably finds it very entertaining to see her Spike so lost and lovelorn. I bet she is more amused than upset.
Dru didn't seem too happy when Spike saved Buffy from her.

Also Dru's role in Crush was literally for Spike to reject her in favour of Spuffy, Sprusilla had to be taken down if Spuffy was to fly.

No, she's a soulless vampire. I've got no reason to feel sorry for her, especially since in season 2 it would seem that she would go off with Angelus if she was given the chance.
Dru never ditched Spike during Season 2, she was sleeping with both men. It's also possible that Angelus trained her to react that way towards him with operant conditioning.

Name the Stars

Black Thorn
Dru didn't seem too happy when Spike saved Buffy from her.

Also Dru's role in Crush was literally for Spike to reject her in favour of Spuffy, Sprusilla had to be taken down if Spuffy was to fly.

Dru never ditched Spike during Season 2, she was sleeping with both men. It's also possible that Angelus trained her to react that way towards him with operant conditioning.
I agree with that, however I believe that she may have been upset not to get to eat Buffy, rather than because Buffy was taking Spike away from her. I believe that she broke things off with Spike, not the other way around.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I agree with that, however I believe that she may have been upset not to get to eat Buffy, rather than because Buffy was taking Spike away from her. I believe that she broke things off with Spike, not the other way around.
From the Crush Transcript:

Dru stands up, holding her face, panting and looking shocked.

DRUSILLA: Poor Spike... (shot of Spike and Buffy staring at her) so lost. (tearfully) Even I can't help you now.

Dru initially broke up with Spike because of the truce with Buffy, he managed to win her back temporarily before she left him again for a fungus demon. We don't know what happened to her in the intervening 2 years because she turns up again alone at the end of The Trial on Angel having been contacted by W&H to sire Darla.

Name the Stars

Black Thorn
From the Crush Transcript:

Dru stands up, holding her face, panting and looking shocked.

DRUSILLA: Poor Spike... (shot of Spike and Buffy staring at her) so lost. (tearfully) Even I can't help you now.

Dru initially broke up with Spike because of the truce with Buffy, he managed to win her back temporarily before she left him again for a fungus demon. We don't know what happened to her in the intervening 2 years because she turns up again alone at the end of The Trial on Angel having been contacted by W&H to sire Darla.
That's a great point! I think that that definitely makes sense. I tend to think of Drusilla as a childish figure full of amusement, but she is an intensely dark and troubled character. I wish she was in more Buffy so we could really flesh her out.

genghiskhan

Potential
Black Thorn
No but she didn't seem bothered by the fact that her 'relationship' with Angelus hurt Spike. Also I don't think it is conditioning, I think the vampires have more loyalty to their sires since they created them. I still have zero sympathy towards Drusilla.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
That's a great point! I think that that definitely makes sense. I tend to think of Drusilla as a childish figure full of amusement, but she is an intensely dark and troubled character. I wish she was in more Buffy so we could really flesh her out.
I agree. Dru is quite a tragic character, given that she is Angelus' masterpiece and all that would've entailed. I do think she is more switched on than people think she is, she certainly knows how to get sympathy from Spike but she is quite lucid when she's alone with him.

I actually think both her and Spike's characters are dumbed down a little in the later seasons. In Season 2, they're both quite competent and they are ultimately successful in their goal of curing Dru, none of the other villains are successful with their plans.

No but she didn't seem bothered by the fact that her 'relationship' with Angelus hurt Spike. Also I don't think it is conditioning, I think the vampires have more loyalty to their sires since they created them. I still have zero sympathy towards Drusilla.
I don't think Dru is actually aware of how her "relationship" with Angelus is hurting Spike. If Angelus trained her to act that way towards him, then as far as she's concerned that's just what she's meant to do.

Note how Spike doesn't blame her one bit for what happens with Angelus yet is quick to call her out on the chaos Demon. Also not how affectionate Dru still is with Spike even though Angelus is on the scene.

Dru never ditches Spike during Season 2.

Name the Stars

Black Thorn
I agree. Dru is quite a tragic character, given that she is Angelus' masterpiece and all that would've entailed. I do think she is more switched on than people think she is, she certainly knows how to get sympathy from Spike but she is quite lucid when she's alone with him.

I actually think both her and Spike's characters are dumbed down a little in the later seasons. In Season 2, they're both quite competent and they are ultimately successful in their goal of curing Dru, none of the other villains are successful with their plans.
I wonder what would have happened to Buffy if Angelus had decided to truly torture her like he did Dru. I wonder if she would have ended up similar to Dru? Just musing.

genghiskhan

Potential
Black Thorn
I don't think Dru is actually aware of how her "relationship" with Angelus is hurting Spike. If Angelus trained her to act that way towards him, then as far as she's concerned that's just what she's meant to do.

Note how Spike doesn't blame her one bit for what happens with Angelus yet is quick to call her out on the chaos Demon. Also not how affectionate Dru still is with Spike even though Angelus is on the scene.

Dru never ditches Spike during Season 2.
I'm aware that she doesn't ditch Spike.
It's hard to analyse Dru because she isn't the typical vampire (with being insane and all). Plus her version of love is going to be twisted so I'm probably looking at her the wrong way.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I wonder what would have happened to Buffy if Angelus had decided to truly torture her like he did Dru. I wonder if she would have ended up similar to Dru? Just musing.
I think Angelus certainly planned to make Buffy his new "masterpiece" (which begs the question of how he would've treated Dru if he'd been successful since she'd no longer be his best work), and my guess is that Buffy would've ended up even worse. Dru's human personality was very gentle in comparison to Buffy, the times they lived in had different standards of what was expected of women, Dru would've been a lot more innocent than Buffy was. Because of this, Dru would've been easier to break than Buffy would be so Angelus would've had to get particularly nasty, my guess is that Joyce and the scoobies would've been prime targets. He demonstrated that he could get into Buffy, Joyce and Willow's bedrooms quite easily, Giles' too, but he was peacocking then in a "just think what I could've done" way. He probably would've gone after Willow first.

Name the Stars

Black Thorn
I think Angelus certainly planned to make Buffy his new "masterpiece" (which begs the question of how he would've treated Dru if he'd been successful since she'd no longer be his best work), and my guess is that Buffy would've ended up even worse. Dru's human personality was very gentle in comparison to Buffy, the times they lived in had different standards of what was expected of women, Dru would've been a lot more innocent than Buffy was. Because of this, Dru would've been easier to break than Buffy would be so Angelus would've had to get particularly nasty, my guess is that Joyce and the scoobies would've been prime targets. He demonstrated that he could get into Buffy, Joyce and Willow's bedrooms quite easily, Giles' too, but he was peacocking then in a "just think what I could've done" way. He probably would've gone after Willow first.
Now I want to read a fan fic like that! It would be quite the character study, I think for Dru, Spike, Angelus, and Buffy.

Top Bottom