• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Do you find Connor attractive?

Carrie Hopewell

Little girl lost in the woods
Sineya
Uh, I know Vincent was like in his twenties when he played Connor but I just saw him as a teenager I wanted to protect, so I didn't look at Connor that way.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Not really, the actor looked very young to me, they dressed him awkwardly and his hair - I couldn't get passed his hair. I literally just realized Connor is Pete Campbell in Mad Men. Not sure how I could be so dense as to not realize that before lol. But if that is how Connor would have looked more grown up then the answer would still be no. To be honest, I would expect Darla and Angel to produce some nicer looking progeny. I don't see many of Angel's features, more of Darla's in Connor.

He has pretty eyes though!

NileQT87

Billowy Coat, King of Pain
He's my #6 on my hottest male characters list. It helps that Vincent Kartheiser was in the 20s and it's definitely in my mind when watching him. Also, given that he was born in 1979, I'm pretty guilt-free with how I perceive his age in comparison to my own (1987). It always cracks me up that David and Vincent are only a decade apart and Vincent is actually older than several people that played the same age as Scoobies. Vincent is actually older than Mercedes and Eliza.

Also, I like longer, rather than shorter, hair on guys.

I also rate Vincent very well on his casting as Connor. He did great with a hard character to play. His performances in Peace Out and Home are fantastic and really stand out. He also looks like Darla to me, so it works. And I kind of like that the ghost of Darla kind of lives on through his favored looks.

I happen to love Connor through his whole story and am one of those weird few fans that does. But then again, I appreciate more dramatic, serious, tragic characters that don't always do just funny, likable things. I'm always very sympathetic to the character and his plight, knowing it was what was done to him and how wonderfully it comes together in the end. The fact that Angel is my favorite character and Connor is the one he loves more than anyone else also makes me especially sympathetic to him and wanting him to love and feel loved by his father.

For goodness' sake... I kind of have a crush on Keith Szarabajka's voice. Sometimes my crushes don't quite follow the obvious or mainstream choices once you get further down the list.

It's the comedy sidekick types that tend to drop off my list into the no-go abyss. Villains and old dudes get higher on my Jossverse hotness ranking list than the comedy sidekicks.

Last edited:
MarieVampSlayer
MarieVampSlayer
I prefer the dark characters too to the comedic ones!

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
He's my #6 on my hottest male characters list. It helps that Vincent Kartheiser was in the 20s and it's definitely in my mind when watching him. Also, given that he was born in 1979, I'm pretty guilt-free with how I perceive his age in comparison to my own (1987). It always cracks me up that David and Vincent are only a decade apart and Vincent is actually older than several people that played the same age as Scoobies. Vincent is actually older than Mercedes and Eliza.

Also, I like longer, rather than shorter, hair on guys.

I also rate Vincent very well on his casting as Connor. He did great with a hard character to play. His performances in Peace Out and Home are fantastic and really stand out. He also looks like Darla to me, so it works. And I kind of like that the ghost of Darla kind of lives on through his favored looks.

I happen to love Connor through his whole story and am one of those weird few fans that does. But then again, I appreciate more dramatic, serious, tragic characters that don't always do just funny, likable things. I'm always very sympathetic to the character and his plight, knowing it was what was done to him and how wonderfully it comes together in the end. The fact that Angel is my favorite character and Connor is the one he loves more than anyone else also makes me especially sympathetic to him and wanting him to love and feel loved by his father.

For goodness' sake... I kind of have a crush on Keith Szarabajka's voice. Sometimes my crushes don't quite follow the obvious or mainstream choices once you get further down the list.

It's the comedy sidekick types that tend to drop off my list into the no-go abyss. Villains and old dudes get higher on my Jossverse hotness ranking list than the comedy sidekicks.

Yes! Finally another Connor fan!!!
I love him too I honestly wish he had come back as a regular for Season 5.
He is such an amazing character!
He was great in the comics

NileQT87

Billowy Coat, King of Pain
Another character I scour YouTube for fanvids for. Angel and Connor's relationship is one of my absolute favorite dynamics.

And it doesn't hurt that I very much like Vincent's performance. The dark Peter Pan/Lost Boy (the book, not Disney) aspect of the character is quite fitting with the background of the hellish place he grew up. Vincent's look, slightly wild, long hair, the clothing choices and his inability to understand how the real world works in a tragic way all emphasize this. It's a shame that Origin and Not Fade Away were all we got of him as a loving son. I wish he had been around for more. It's one of the cruelest things about the cancellation that we didn't see Angel and Connor get to truly be father and son for long.

I completely panicked back in the days of the IDW comics being good when After the Fall killed Connor (I remember calling that issue "the heart attack before Christmas"). That was the most-earned temporal fold ever, yet another example of Angel's devotion to his son and the reunion was the saddest, most beautiful scene I so wish was filmed.

Dark Horse still hasn't learned that actual Angel fans care about the Fang Gang and Connor. IDW hit gold when, ironically, Brian Lynch realized that Connor was actually a great character and a real highlight of the comics despite not having been a favorite before. I'm actually quite pissed at Dark Horse for the fact that, outside of a single arc, they've pretty much forgotten Angel has a son (or most of the Fang Gang).

Then again, if they had actually f-ing remembered that fact, they'd have known how OOC Twilight was for Angel (even more than actually watching either BtVS or AtS and meeting Mr. Selfless) to agree to do something that would KILL HIS SON (not quite human--see him getting spanked by the Sanctorium spell). Sound like the same guy who tore a hole in reality trying to get his son back and gave himself over to W&H to save him from himself? No.

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
Another character I scour YouTube for fanvids for. Angel and Connor's relationship is one of my absolute favorite dynamics.

And it doesn't hurt that I very much like Vincent's performance. The dark Peter Pan/Lost Boy (the book, not Disney) aspect of the character is quite fitting with the background of the hellish place he grew up. Vincent's look, slightly wild, long hair, the clothing choices and his inability to understand how the real world works in a tragic way all emphasize this. It's a shame that Origin and Not Fade Away were all we got of him as a loving son. I wish he had been around for more. It's one of the cruelest things about the cancellation that we didn't see Angel and Connor get to truly be father and son for long.

I completely panicked back in the days of the IDW comics being good when After the Fall killed Connor (I remember calling that issue "the heart attack before Christmas"). That was the most-earned temporal fold ever and the reunion was the saddest, most beautiful thing ever.

Dark Horse still hasn't learned that actual Angel fans care about the Fang Gang and Connor. IDW hit gold when, ironically, Brian Lynch realized that Connor was actually a great character and a real highlight of the comics despite not having been a favorite before. I'm actually quite pissed at Dark Horse for the fact that, outside of a single arc, they've pretty much forgotten Angel has a son (or most of the Fang Gang).

Then again, if they had actually f-ing remembered that fact, they'd have known how OOC Twilight was for Angel (even more than actually watching either BtVS or AtS and meeting Mr. Selfless) to agree to do something that would KILL HIS SON (not quite human--see him getting spanked by the Sanctorium spell). Sound like the same guy who tore a hole in reality trying to get his son back and gave himself over to W&H to save him from himself? No.

I just love love love Connor!
He gets way too much hate.
He was one of the greatest Angel characters and I personally loved his storylines in S4 (yes including his Cordelia one haha).

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
and I personally loved his storylines in S4 (yes including his Cordelia one haha).
Woah are you a Connelia fan?? If so you may be the first I have ever come across. I'm intrigued! Did the sex scene between the two not bother you in S4?

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
Woah are you a Connelia fan?? If so you may be the first I have ever come across. I'm intrigued! Did the sex scene between the two not bother you in S4?
I wouldn't say I'm a "fan" but I loved both of the characters and while the sex scene was weird. It honestly didn't bother me too much.

Oh yeah, I definitely have a slight crush on Vincent. I think he's a babe.

The writing for Connor was quite inconsistent at times yet I think VK did a great job (the writing for Pete Campbell is great but Vincent took it to another level).
Connor was a great character imo it's sad how many people hate him!

Priceless

Scooby
I never thought of Connor that way. He was always just a damaged child to me and I pitied him terribly. He wasn't attractive because all his personality consisted of was anger, and that just wasn't attractive to me.

buffy1990

"Every now and then, people surprise you."
Just based on looks alone, nah.

I actually always thought it was weird in the show when they were like "handsome just like his father!" cause I didn't see that, like, at all...lol

But as for the actor, I think he was a great fit for the character!

AnthonyCordova

Earth Invasion Taskforce Unlimited
Sineya
Well, he's not Nathan Fillion good looking or anything, lol, but yeah, he had a cute enough face. His hair was a little too wild and he's just a little bit too on the skinny side as well (on Angel).

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
nathan was attractive?

MarieVampSlayer

Bloody hell, Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers..
Sineya
You already know my answer but hell yeah! I love Connor and his whole arc even S4 because if you put yourself in his shoes, he was just looking for love in the wrong places. I love my androgynous babe!

Top Bottom