• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Do you find Connor attractive?

Cordeliagirl

Oh, Buffy, we're sisters! With different hair.
Sineya
I Think Xander is better looking then Connor and Wesley and Angel and demon guy. He will make better for cordelia. Honesty Connor is cute and not for cordelia.

Taake

Talk Darcy to me
Staff member
Black Thorn
I love Connor, the character, but I've always thought that VK is rather unattractive, so... that's a no from me.

Pumpkin

Townie
Connor was my favorite character after Lorne. I thought the actor was amazing and sexy. I normally hate fight scenes but his character was so beaten down that I actually cared about the outcome. Plus the actor seemed to do more of his own “fighting” than the other actors and really sold it well. It was refreshing to see a younger man-older woman ”relationship” for a change. It was sickening to see Cordelia have to grovel to “win” Angel back when she really did nothing wrong: she had sex with Connor to comfort him. She clearly states this and it’s reflected in her behavior during. I hate how they tried to retroactively change her motivation for it into selfish reasons. But I guess the old father figure always has to get the woman in the end and the woman had better be remorseful for her “betrayal.”
BTW, both the Buffy and Angel shows repeatedly trade on some of the most misogynistic messages ingrained in our culture. I don’t know how people can claim these shows are feminist.

Willow Tara

Grr Argh - aka WhedonverseFan
Sineya
So from a not-straight female perspective...

Well if I remember correctly, then Connor was like the first guy I ever found attractive (and one of very very few... as I seem to be more into girls ;)). I was 9. And I mean I always find so many women on TV beautiful, cute or attractive/hot, but very few men and as I said I think Connor was the first man. I kept talking to a friend about how beautiful he is for a guy. (Yes I said "how beautiful he is... for a guy." And yes I was 9 when I said that :p lol. I think I should have noticed my… “not straight-ness” a bit earlier ;))
Sometime later I saw pics of Vincent Kartheiser with a beard (I have to confess, I don´t really find men with beard attractive, but that´s just me. Please no one feel offended by this, it´s just my taste, it´s not like I don´t like them, just don´t find most men with beards attractive. Like them with little to no beard. And like men with a bit longer hair! Like Connor.) and I was like “nooo!” when I saw that.
Then years later when I watched Angel with the friend mentioned above, she was like “I can´t believe that you found him attractive.” And I was like “Yeah, me neither” but I didn´t really mean it. In that rewatch with that friend I always pretende like I didn´t really like him anymore, but I still do.

I always felt so sorry for Connor and I love his relationship with Angel. I love his story arc in all seasons. Before anyone asks, yes, even in season 4. (I really don´t like Connor/Cordelia, but that´s not Connors fault Imo) I just wanted to hug him and protect him from evil!Cordy. And I always wanted the best for Connor/Angel.
You already know my answer but hell yeah! I love Connor and his whole arc even S4 because if you put yourself in his shoes, he was just looking for love in the wrong places. I love my androgynous babe!
^ Yes! This! This! 100% agree! I always thought that when people were so harsh on him, that they should just put theirselves in his shoes.

So you see I love Connor as a character and Vincents acting is great! But my "finding him attractive" has lessened over the years. But still... I like him with little to no beard and long hair, so... Connor!

13300 13301
And look how cute he was as a baby!!!

Last edited:

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
@Willow Tara

I think I can see what a non-straight girl would find attractive about Vincent. The pointed jaw seen in your first image is more common on girls than boys and it is caused by estrogen in the body. It wouldn't take much to make him look like a girl.

Willow Tara

Grr Argh - aka WhedonverseFan
Sineya
@Willow Tara

I think I can see what a non-straight girl would find attractive about Vincent. The pointed jaw seen in your first image is more common on girls than boys and it is caused by estrogen in the body. It wouldn't take much to make him look like a girl.
That´s true! I never really thought about that! lol :p
(It´s even more obviouse now that I think about it, when I said I liked longer hair and no beard haha 🤣)
In some pics he really looks kinda androgynous.
13309 13310 13311

Bluebird
Bluebird
My sister says I look like Vincent. I take that as a compliment!

Pumpkin

Townie
Elvis and the Beatles are also considered androgynous. And they weren’t hurting for female fans. But I mostly found him attractive because of how he played and interpreted the role which was really compelling. He gave a really honest performance. I felt the same way about the actress who played Dawn. She was committed to that character and made her the annoying little sister that she was supposed to be. Both were very talented, young actors in difficult roles.
The great acting and skill (and looks) of the cast in these shows is what made them popular with women because the writing and dialogue were atrocious and most of the plot lines wound up insulting and/or degrading the female characters. And NO ONE would be caught dead dressed like that in the 90’s lol so no one was watching for style tips.

NeddaSai

Potential
When he was first introduced all dirty, peter pan-ish with shorter hair (season 3) .. yeah! Not so much after he cleaned up (season 4).

Top Bottom