• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Do you like Cangel?

Cangel ? Do you enjoy them?

• Yes

Votes: 24 39.3%
  • No

Votes: 37 60.7%

• Total voters

Priceless

Scooby
Yes I do like Cangel. I wish they'd been given the opportunity to grow into a proper relationship. I liked how Cordy could prick Angel's pomposity and not allow him to wallow. I think the writers could have written a mature, loving and equally supportive relationship . . . but I guess that's what fanfic is for :)

GraceK

Grr Arrg
I’m gonna try to explain my hatred for this ship in a way that makes sense.

For me personally, I watched the series in real time, and was of course very invested in Bangel. When Angel left SD, his reasoning was sound. He knew he and Buffy could never truly be together, and he loved her enough to leave. When he gets to LA and Cordelia joins the team, it’s a perfect blend of modern optimism and stoic brooding. Cordelia is a breath of fresh air, her brutal honesty and self involvement actually being an asset to the team IMO. Angel is not the center of her universe, surviving and trying to start her acting career is. She has no romantic interest in Angel at all, she hasn’t since Season 2 of BTVS when she realizes he’s a vampire and loses all interest. Doyle actually is the one she falls for, which is not surprising given her love for Xander. Sadly, we never get to see the fruition of them as a couple, and Cordelia inherits the visions. Her priorities change once she experiences the pain of the world, and she softens. However, she still maintains her steel core and self love, she just redirects a lot of her determination into saving lives. She’s very heroic in S2 of Ats, and she again, has no romantic interest in Angel. In fact, she’s righteously angry with him, and is always prepared for the moment he may turn evil. Her friendships with Gunn and Wesley really deepen, and she takes to her vision girl status amazingly.

There is a drastic shift in season 3 that suddenly promotes her to love interest, and it’s forced. Literally out of nowhere, she’s Angels best friend, and as her hair gets more blonde and she starts “training “ to fight, she’s suddenly front and center as warrior princess to Angel and his destiny. Whaaaaast??? It’s the most blatantly forced romance EVER.

There has been much better arguments made, @Carrie Hopewell is the Queen of explaining this properly, so I won’t rehash it. My point is that as someone who started the series from its beginning, and remembers Cordelia on Buffy , to suddenly have Angel fall in Love her just feels wrong on a visceral level. It feels like the worst betrayal ever of his love of Buffy, and makes no sense canon wise. His whole reason for going to LA was to give Buffy a chance at a normal life, and to not be tempted. What does that say about Cordelia? His curse is never brought up, so it honestly seems like he’s not worried because he know he doesn’t really
Love her, or he doesn’t feel she will bring
Him true happiness. And Cordelia suffers as a character in her own right, because she suddenly loses her own individuality and solely
Becomes Angels cheerleader. Cangel is honestly deeply insulting to the audience, and to Cordelia herself. Her final episode, Your Welcome, really hammers the point home. This woman, violated and murdered, gets a chance to live ONE last day as a gift, and what does she do? She gets “her man back on track”. She exists purely to further Angels story.

How anyone can ship Cangel is beyond me.

Mrs Gordo
Mrs Gordo
Preach.
FaithLehane16
FaithLehane16
I was actually on Angel's side of the firing.

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya

For me personally, I watched the series in real time, and was of course very invested in Bangel. When Angel left SD, his reasoning was sound. He knew he and Buffy could never truly be together, and he loved her enough to leave. When he gets to LA and Cordelia joins the team, it’s a perfect blend of modern optimism and stoic brooding. Cordelia is a breath of fresh air, her brutal honesty and self involvement actually being an asset to the team IMO. Angel is not the center of her universe, surviving and trying to start her acting career is. She has no romantic interest in Angel at all, she hasn’t since Season 2 of BTVS when she realizes he’s a vampire and loses all interest. Doyle actually is the one she falls for, which is not surprising given her love for Xander. Sadly, we never get to see the fruition of them as a couple, and Cordelia inherits the visions. Her priorities change once she experiences the pain of the world, and she softens. However, she still maintains her steel core and self love, she just redirects a lot of her determination into saving lives. She’s very heroic in S2 of Ats, and she again, has no romantic interest in Angel. In fact, she’s righteously angry with him, and is always prepared for the moment he may turn evil. Her friendships with Gunn and Wesley really deepen, and she takes to her vision girl status amazingly.

There is a drastic shift in season 3 that suddenly promotes her to love interest, and it’s forced. Literally out of nowhere, she’s Angels best friend, and as her hair gets more blonde and she starts “training “ to fight, she’s suddenly front and center as warrior princess to Angel and his destiny. Whaaaaast??? It’s the most blatantly forced romance EVER.

There has been much better arguments made, @Carrie Hopewell is the Queen of explaining this properly, so I won’t rehash it. My point is that as someone who started the series from its beginning, and remembers Cordelia on Buffy , to suddenly have Angel fall in Love her just feels wrong on a visceral level. It feels like the worst betrayal ever of his love of Buffy, and makes no sense canon wise. His whole reason for going to LA was to give Buffy a chance at a normal life, and to not be tempted. What does that say about Cordelia? His curse is never brought up, so it honestly seems like he’s not worried because he know he doesn’t really
Him true happiness. And Cordelia suffers as a character in her own right, because she suddenly loses her own individuality and solely
Becomes Angels cheerleader. Cangel is honestly deeply insulting to the audience, and to Cordelia herself. Her final episode, Your Welcome, really hammers the point home. This woman, violated and murdered, gets a chance to live ONE last day as a gift, and what does she do? She gets “her man back on track”. She exists purely to further Angels story.

I'm gonna agree to disagree with you on some of those points but I deffo ship Cangel and I love them :)

GraceK
GraceK
That’s cool. Variety is the spice of life :)

Cangel1987

♥ Cangel ♥ Spuffy ♥

I do not agree with that. But I think it depends on the viewer attitude. I like Bangel a little bit - but Cangel alot more. But everyone should ship what they want :)

Priceless

Scooby
I think Cangel works for me because it's about two grown up people, who have changed over the course of both shows and are now in different places in their lives. What worked in the past, what seemed sound, has been changed by time and knowledge and situation, which is as it should be.

Friends often become lovers, and in some cases that is the natural progression. I think Slayer and Souled Vampire were very similar, unlike Buffy and Angel who were very different characters. In AtS it's Cordy and Angel who grow together, it's the people they are that makes their love possible and has little to do with 'mission' or 'champion', and is therefore to me far more adult and, for me, is interesting because it is saying something new, something we haven't seen before on either show.

TriBel

Scooby
I quite like them together. I also watched it when it was first broadcast (back in the day) and didn't feel there was anything too incongruous about it. As @Priceless says - people change and relationships change people. I don't see how it's a betrayal of his love for Buffy (different time and space). Desire is always displaced - people's idea of true happiness changes over time - sometimes it's located in a person, sometimes in a thing, sometimes in a situation. Sometimes it's un-located and trying to find a home. If psychoanalysis is to be believed, it's always a desire for non-being but I'm trying to remain upbeat in honour of the New Year. I like the PTB connection - it makes sense to me.

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
What i like about Cangel is the friendship, and there´s some episodes where i can see potential for a romantic relationships and i would have liked to see it, but i think more time was needed to develop it and sadly S4 screw it
Yup, that is where I am. That and Angel's lack of perma-soul. If he'd anchored his soul, maybe she doesn't buy into the ridiculous 'ascension' idea. I started watching Angel seriously before I watched Buffy, so Angel and Cordelia was really my first vision of Angel in a relationship. It stuck.

I found Cordelia and Angel's adult, fun relationship way more compelling than the mawkish, childish yearning on Buffy's side, with the moody, romance novel moves on his side... that culminated in nearly ending the world. Nope, not a good picture for me. Cangel will always win over Buffy and Angel especially while Buffy was a 16/17 year old virgin who mooned over the mysterious stranger and then his demon tear apart her heart and her life. What is to love there, exactly? It's that perfect toxic boyfriend... romance until sex followed by scorched earth misery. Nope! After he left, then lied to her about that one day they had... nope, the bloom pretty much left the building for me.
Cordelia and Angel had a chance to build something, however. Tragic that Angel squandered that with his obsessions.

I think Cangel works for me because it's about two grown up people, who have changed over the course of both shows and are now in different places in their lives. What worked in the past, what seemed sound, has been changed by time and knowledge and situation, which is as it should be.

Friends often become lovers, and in some cases that is the natural progression. I think Slayer and Souled Vampire were very similar, unlike Buffy and Angel who were very different characters. In AtS it's Cordy and Angel who grow together, it's the people they are that makes their love possible and has little to do with 'mission' or 'champion', and is therefore to me far more adult and, for me, is interesting because it is saying something new, something we haven't seen before on either show.
Yes, I love how they change each other into their better selves. I just feel as though Angel dropped the ball at some point... and then she fake-ascended (due to her vanity, IMO) and it was too late.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
then his demon tear apart her heart and her life. What is to love there, exactly? It's that perfect toxic boyfriend... romance until sex followed by scorched earth misery. Nope! After he left, then lied to her about that one day they had... nope, the bloom pretty much left the building for me.
Cordelia and Angel had a chance to build something, however. Tragic that Angel squandered that with his obsessions.
If you think so poorly of Angel, one wonders why you would want Cordy to be in a relationship ship with a guy like that. Do you not like Cordy?

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
I
If you think so poorly of Angel, one wonders why you would want Cordy to be in a relationship ship with a guy like that. Do you not like Cordy?
I think he is a truly tragic charcter. I love Angel, but I dont think he is good relationship material. In spite of that I wanted him happy.

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
I
I think he is a truly tragic charcter. I love Angel, but I dont think he is good relationship material. In spite of that I wanted him happy. I love Cordy and I dont think he is good for her and that she does not survive her time with him certainly does nothing to discourage my concern that he is not g o od for her or any of his friends, really.

At the end of 5 years, all his friends are dead or facing imminent death except for Lorne who survived by walking away.

Contrast that with the end of Buffy. When it was a fight to the death, Buffy sacrificed herself, deliberately and with forethought. Due to his recklessness, Angel endangers the world almost as much as he saves it. I love him, but he has a very Sampson suicide vibe going - and whenever the building falls his friends are always first in jeopardy. No, it isn't all his doing but there is plenty of contributory negligence. When he Ahabs because of Darla, Cordelia and the others are endangered. It is a pattern. That is why, though I prefer what Cordelia does for Angel and that interaction to the romancy puppy love w/ Buffy, I ship him with neither woman in my stories or in my heart.

spikenbuffy

"Why can't I stay"
Staff member
I love them more in S2 as friends but I surely like/love some scenes in S3 and surely in You're Welcome

FaithLehane16

"Tact is not saying true stuff. I'll pass."
No because it goes against the show's purpose and why Angel left Buffy in Sunnydale in the first place. Angel and Cordy are hardly compatible. If he were to achieve a true moment of happiness with her (which he NEVER did), he would have easily sunk his teeth into her neck the next morning. Cordelia is obviously weaker than Buffy.

This ship is very insensitive towards Buffy considering Cordelia's treatment towards Buffy in the past. Buffy saved Cordelia's life a zillion times while Cordelia was an ungrateful bitch towards Buffy. Cordelia blames Buffy when darkness follows. It doesn't follow whenever Buffy is around, it is when Faith, Wesley, Giles, Oz, Xander, Willow, and Angel is around. She told Angel to set up an agency to help people against demons/darkness. So that is hypocrisy there.

Cordelia's behavior towards Angel annoyed me greatly in Season 2.

https://theangelrewatch.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F111096183295

It wasn't Angel's fault that Cordelia had "no where else to go". It's her own fault that she doesn't know how to fill out an application in to Macy's and give up her visions. Angel didn't deserve to grovel over her forgiveness by buying her "presents".

I'm having a hard time thinking how a marriage between these two characters would be like. They would get a divorce within a year. They are not even compatible. When he invited her to the ballet, she feel asleep on his shoulder.

The writers had to change Cordelia in AtS Season 3 to be Saint Corduffy in order to be with Angel. The writers knew that Buffy and slayers were his type, so Cordelia had to act like a poor conceited version of Buffy in order to be with Angel.

https://camillesengelsons.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F159801599830
https://eversincetheman.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F97358739104
Well in Angel Season 3, they made Angel look dumb as well as the gang. We can see Cordelia and Wesley telling Fred taht she cannot have a relationship with Angel considering his curse and why he left Buffy back in Sunnydale. They pretty much decided to throw everything that is said about Cordelia being against Angel being with Buffy&being in a relationship because of the result of Angelus coming forth. Also they tried to erase how snotty and ungrateful Cordelia was against Buffy, something Angel doesn't like. The Angel writers in Season 3 were making the whole Angel gang be so goddamn insensitive towards Buffy. Who set Angel on his path on doing the good fight and saving souls? It sure as hell isn't Cordelia. It was Buffy. In Amends, Buffy put him on that path. Lorne, an empath demon should have known better to not to meddle in Angel's love life and that Cordelia doesn't really like Buffy, which makes me confused of why Cordelia was on the show in the first place. Cordelia wasn't much of a hero as Buffy was. She never had the same exact strength as Buffy does, which makes You're Welcome stupid considering Eve has better power over Cordelia. Cordelia didn't have much training to begin with while Buffy has thousand more experience than she does. Buffy is also a seer.
Then AtS acts hypocritical and spends s3-4 trying to shove Angel & Cordelia into a “two champions” romance, calling it Kyrumption. Ignoring the friendship to turn it into Bangel 2.0 complete with scene recreations and matching dialogue but not in a mocking way. They just flat out plagiarized the ship while ignoring why it’d have the same issues and with the writers admitting Cangel was never intended to work out and really was for a two season plot to have an emotional punch.
The fact that they had Cordy mocking the relationship at the beginning of season 3 but by the season 3 finale she is a blonde haired part demon warrior human with visions who is in love with Angel. Like Buffy. They did to her what she did to Groo when she cut his hair and dressed him in Angel’s clothes.
As for Season 4, they kept on continuing with damn love triangles, which did nothing good. Even when Angel brought Buffy up in the second or first episode, he thought it would still be alright to try and find Cordelia even though Buffy lives 2 hours away. So let's continue with the whole Buffy/Angel/Cordelia thing even though Angel's first choice is Buffy, something that the real Cordelia couldn't settle for. Then they have this poor ass love triangle between Angel/Jasmidelia/Connor. Then they had high school persona Cordelia Chase hitting on Connor, which is something Buffy wouldn't do.

Cordelia is full of herself, which led to her downfall. She has narcissistic tendencies. From most of the quotes I've read on tumblr, it sounds like she is an egotistical individual. Her personality is what makes her unattractive. She shouldn't have been on the show. Angel should have just told her off in the beginning while Doyle should have moved on. If you pay attention to the show, you can see that she is a bad influence on Angel considering she cornered Doyle and Angel into getting paid for what Buffy(a selfless and smart girl who can kick her damn ass every day of the week) does for free. She advised Angel to move onto other people from his true love Buffy. Her stupid advice is what got Wesley killed in the finale. Everyone praises Cordelia for getting Angel back on track in You're Welcome, completely ignoring that the vision sent the group on a suicide mission that led to Wesley's death, Gunn a vampire for months, Connor temporarily dead, Angel having to commit suicide to undo all of Los Angeles trapped in Hell. If he wasn't tied to another prophecy and thus brought back to fulfill it, that would've been the end of Angel, dead because he followed Cordelia's plan to try to take down WR&H. Also let's not forget that Angel spent the entire season 5 fighting with Spike over Buffy. Plus I don't really count the episode as service for Cordelia. It's against the service of Cordelia.

Charisma is an idiot here:

https://whatisyourchildhoodtrauma.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F110569268847
I hate that everyone thinks willingly dying a preventable death was brave and heroic. Cordelia was being an idiot. Birthday is just a vision catered to Cordelia, to prey on her ego - Cordy's worst flaw. She likes to feel unique, appreciated, adored; she feels entitled or worth of stardom and fame. Of course Cordelia believed she could've been super famous. Cordelia also likes to feel selfless. What better way to make her want to become a half demon and feel worthy of being a higher being, Skip's endgame, than to convince her enough to give up fame and money to save Angel and the world? It's ridiculous. Anyone who used their brain would've realized that Angel, a champion&vampire, wouldn't need to be saved from a few visions. Doyle sure as hell wasn't dying in Season 1. He had visions a hell a lot longer than Cordelia ever did. And Cordelia has that saying " I don't think. I know." vibe to her which is ridiculous. In the long run, it makes her look bad.

Oh, the Birthday episode is a poor ass episode. It just goes to show how dumb and full of crap Cordelia is. How could she not question Skip's motives and smell bullcrap? If it was Buffy, she would be questioning Skip the way she did with Professor Walsh. Buffy knows how to prevent a preventable death considering she inspired Riley to get the crap the Initiative had out of his system.

Here are more insults against Buffy:

"I'm a bitch. I'm not a sniveling, whiney-cry, little Buffy. I'm the nastiest girl in Sunnydale history. I take crap from no one."

Cordy:"-Time out, Xander. Put yourself in Buffy’s shoes for just a minute. Okay? I’m Buffy, freak of nature, right? Naturally, I pick a freak for a boyfriend and then he turns into Mr. Killing Spree, which is pretty much my fault…"

Buffy:"-Cordy! Get out of my shoes!"

"Look Buffy, you may be hot stuff when it comes to demonology, or whatever, but when it comes to dating. I'm the Slayer."

"See in the end, Buffy's the runner up. I'm the Queen. You get me mad. What do you think I'm gonna do to you?"

Cordy doesn't like it when Halloween Buffy was latching onto her arm.

https://dailybuffy.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F165994711630
Here is Cordelia hiding behind Angel at the beginning of Season 3:

http://****yeahdavidboreanaz.tumblr.com/?og=1

And they had Angel act like it hurt when Cordelia punched him in the face during training in Season 3. Angel has been punched by Slayers & demons and they hit A LOT harder than Cordelia. Eve was scared of Cordelia because the writers try to pass Cordy as an alpha. She's all talk. She believes her own hype, which they wouldn't even admit was her downfall. Harmon was scared of Cordelia when she held a crossbow. Ridiculous! Harmony kidnapped a Slayer's little sis. Buffy is so formidable she can catch arrows and throw a stake into a vampire's heart. Harmony was just in a previous, unhealthy relationship with Spike.

She selfishly asks Angel to get paid to do what he and his special Buffy did for free. Buffy, Giles, Xander, Willow and the rest of the Scoobies (excluding Anya), would decide against it. And Cordelia was a former Scooby considering her relationship with Xander. Doyle even thought it wasn't necessary before he even met Cordelia. All of a sudden he turns into somewhat of a Yes-Man for her. Cordelia sounds pretentious. Angel didn't really need the money considering his hairdo, his clothes, and some of the stuff that he came up with. We see him buying pig's blood in Graduation Day Pt. 1.

Cordelia:

"This is a business and we should be running it like one. We should be charging. I know Angel has been working day and night helping people fight their personal demons, but I need a raise!"

The show made it clear that Buffy and Angel will never be over each other which is proven on pretty much some episodes on both shows. I roll my eyes at the fans who say Angel & Buffy grew apart and lead different lives. They both became parents to a teenager. They both had an affair with a blonde vampire (Spike and Darla) from the Aurelius line. They both were the leader of their group of paranormal investigators. They both became the head of a powerful organization that used to antagonize them.

Another thing is that Angelus was NEVER obsessed with Cordelia in Season 4 of his show. Angelus was more obsessed with Buffy in Season 2 of her show. In fact, Angelus's attention was more on Buffy and Faith in Season 4 of his show considering he has a thing for Slayers. Evil Cordy got on Connor about his attraction to Faith by saying that Connor is his father's son.

Also the relationship is a Bangel knockoff. Waiting in the WIngs is kind of like I Only Have Eyes For You. The writers were originally intending for Angel Season 4 to have the Buffy Season 2 storyline. Cordelia was going to go evil regardless of Jasmine, and Angel had to be the one who killed her. It would be Becoming 2.0. Awakening was like Amends excluding the fact that Buffy wasn't pregnant in the dream. Cordy and Angel's training sessions were mirroring the Buffy&Angel Tai Chi in Revelations, and the Buffy&Angel workout session in Helpless. Cangel's hug in You're Welcome is like Buffy putting her arms and legs around Angel in Bad Girls.

David and Charisma never had the chemistry that David had with Sarah and Julie. David prefers Bangel and even Dangel over Cangel. The way David feels about Cangel is pretty much the way I feel about it. It was too weird, awkward, and unnatural. It was contrived just like the friendship between the two. People talk about how Cordelia is the only one who can get through to Angel and know him better than everyone else. That is incorrect. In Season 1 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, we hardly see any Angel&Cordelia interaction. Only we see her wanting to score him in Never Kill a Boy on the First Date when his attention was towards Buffy and helping Buffy. In the beginning of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 2 we see Cordelia going after Angel relentless up until she finds out who he really is, and the fact he keeps on ignoring her advances for his Buffy. Angel was just trying to be polite to Cordelia in Some Assembly Required and using her to get back at Buffy for dancing with Xander in When She Was Bad. Angel wasn't wanting to date Cordelia in Halloween. He was just being polite, and was waiting for Buffy. When Buffy entered the Bronze while Cordelia was talking to Angel, he broke away from the conversation so he can talk to Buffy. When mostly everyone turned into their costumes on that night, Cordelia enters the Summers' residence to speak to Angel, but Angel gives her a blank stare. When Buffy saved Cordelia's life in Reptile Boy, the first thing Cordelia does is go up and hug/thank Angel, while his attention was on Buffy. She then gets a negative opinion of him when he goes evil. Despite him having his soul back in Season 3, she continues to not trust Buffy or Angel. We never seen Angel and Cordelia even hang out individually in that season. And I'm supposed to buy their sudden friendship and then almost relationship? No.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cangel1987

♥ Cangel ♥ Spuffy ♥
Imagination is also an education, and I have not even read your entire post to stamp it as crap :)

And I can remember that David and Charisma wanted to have Cangel and both felt it a pity that it did not come about.

I didn`t felt Cangel as the "new" Bangel 2.0 but tastes vary well ;-)

Ceadsearc03
Ceadsearc03
I knew Charisma felt that way but I don’t remember ever seeing David say that. He said on several occasions Buffy was obviously Angel’s true love, including towards the end of the series.

telperion66

Potential
I'm more of a season one and two guy for their relationship on AtS, I think during those times they worked so well, Cordy always poking fun at him etc.

Buffy will always be Angel's true love, so when he expresses his feelings for Cordy I just think "man, how can you say that when we all know how you feel about Buffy".

As a romance, I respect you for your views, it takes a unique individual to overtly like their romance I think.

Name the Stars

You can't see the stars, love. That's the ceiling.
Black Thorn
I love them as friends! As a couple...my feelings are complicated. They can be quite cute, though!

CHK DeWilSon

A BAngel fan. Always.
This is difficult because I don't have very strong negative feelings about them anymore in the way I use to.

I like their friendship in series 1 and 2 but I wasn't blown away by it or that invested in it. I like the friendship of Angel and Wesley more and was hurt with Wesley's betrayal of Angel although he did get played.

For the many reasons that others have said regarding the similarities between how BAngel and Cangel were played on screen is why it doesn't work for me especially with the knowledge that Cordelia had of the BAngel relationship and the kind of person she is/was. She broke up with Xander because she would not be second best to Willow so it's kind of strange that she would want to be with Angel knowing his and Buffy's history. Yes Cordy grew as a person but it just doesn't sit right on my head that she would willingly settle for a relationship with Angel knowing ALL the risks. And a sexless one at that.

I'm BAngeler through and through so I'm gonna be honest here in MY opinion and say it doesn't surprise that some Cangel fans are also Spuffy fans although I guess it's kind of nice that even though you don't want Angel happy with Buffy at least you do want him happy with someone.
Alias I don't have the same mindset when it comes to my feelings on the second soulled vampire. 😳

Ceadsearc03
Ceadsearc03
The second best thing I don’t get! How would Cordelia be ok with that?! Are we supposed to actually believe he somehow loves her MORE than Buffy so she’s not second, but NOT enough to make his soul a risk? 🤔

Cangel1987

♥ Cangel ♥ Spuffy ♥
Back in the day I used to be a Bangel shipper, but I changed my opinion on the time that has passed since then. Do not get me wrong, I still like it today. Although not in the extent as then - but I have moments where I still enjoy it.

I think that my personal experience has shaped me over time and that is why I am more attracted to Cangel. My best friend and I have been together for almost 14 years now and I think this has strengthened my attitude a bit.

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
Imagination is also an education, and I have not even read your entire post to stamp it as crap :)
Seems a bit unfair to deem someone's post as "crap" without fully reading it :confused:

I never liked Cangel because, as others have pointed out, it wasn't an organically developed ship and there was a distinct lack of romantic chemistry between David and Charisma. The whole ship felt very forced and seemed to only happen because the writers decided that, as a Male Lead, Angel must have a love interest and Cordelia was the nearest available female character.

Top Bottom