• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Do you prefer William over Charles as King?

William or Charles?

• William

• Charles

• I don't really care

Results are only viewable after voting.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

God King of the Primordium
Black Thorn
Yes, Charles has waited FOREVER to ascend to the throne. (Even longer that Edward VII, in fact) He's a good man, basically, and I wish him well. But I just can't accept the idea of Camilla being Queen Consort. And how can Charles truly be 'Defender of the Faith' after his divorce from Diana? I don't think that I need to tell most of you how/why the Church of England was established.

When the dreaded day of the Queen's death arrives, I know that I'll shed a few tears. But I pray that she lives for another 20 years at least! I adore her, she's simply a treasure. Perhaps Charles and the Rottweiler his wife can go on an extended holiday abroad.

Anyway, when the time comes, I want William and Catherine to step up. They'll be brilliant. And they've got such a lovely family.

Last edited:
DeadlyDuo
DeadlyDuo
Louie looks so much like George.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Black Thorn
Yes, he's rather old now. We need a fresh start, and William is the only option.

Athene
Athene
It's either that or Harry and Meghan lol

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
@Athene The British people would never accept her as Queen. Harry's done himself no favours by chaining himself to that narcissist.

Yes, Charles has waited FOREVER to ascend to the throne. (Even longer that Edward VII, in fact) He's a good man, basically, and I wish him well. But I just can't accept the idea of Camilla being Queen Consort. And how can Charles truly be 'Defender of the Faith' after his divorce from Diana? I don't think that I need to tell most of you how/why the Church of England was established.
Henry VIII wanted a divorce from Catherine of Aragon so that he could marry Anne Boleyn so he created a new church because the pope wouldn't give him a divorce.

Charles would've married Camilla pre-Diana if he'd been allowed.

When the dreaded day of the Queen's death arrives, I know that I'll shed a few tears. But I pray that she lives for another 20 years at least! I adore her, she's simply a treasure.
It's weird to think that once Charles becomes king, the national anthem will never be "God save the Queen" again in our lifetime because the line of succession would go Charles to William to George.

Anyway, when the time comes, I want William and Catherine to step up. They'll be brilliant. And they've got such a lovely family.
Apparently Meghan was absolutely horrible to Charlotte at the dress fittings for the wedding, calling her "chubby" and encouraging one of the other bridesmaids (who was Meghan's favourite) to be nasty to her too. Kate and William took her out of the dress fittings which is why Charlotte's bridesmaid dress was shorter than the other bridesmaids (the source of this was apparently one of the Givenchy staff members doing the dress fittings).

It's no wonder Kate and the narcissist didn't get along. There is also a video clip where Meghan completely blanks Harry. There was some sort of gathering, he was waiting for her, she arrives, he smiles at her, she completely ignores him, then he's left to follow awkwardly behind her. She doesn't even acknowledge him.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Black Thorn
I don't want this thread to focus too much on Meghan, my love. :p

On that note, I'd like to say how perfectly suited Catherine is for the role of Queen Consort. Her patience in waiting for William to make up his mind about their relationship was extraordinary!! (Of course her mum was a wonderful advisor as well) Catherine is very goal oriented, and that will come in handy for her future position. It's also admirable that she can handle William's legendary bad temper. This girl is definitely a match for him. :D

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
I don't dislike Charles, however from a tourism etc point of view William is certainly more popular. Although William will take on a bigger role anyway over the next few years.

Charles could be King for over 10 years, close to 20 if he lives as long as his parents and his grandmother, she was 101 when she died.

TriBel

Scooby
And how can Charles truly be 'Defender of the Faith' after his divorce from Diana? I don't think that I need to tell most of you how/why the Church of England was established.
No you don't but it's of no significance: the Church accepted divorce in 2002 so it isn't an issue. The role's primarily symbolic so Charles' age doesn't matter. I agree with @Btvs fan - they're an anachronism I could easily do without. I don't share your enthusiasm for Cilliam - I think they're creepy. Are you sure she isn't a robot?

Why bring Harry and Meghan into it?

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
I think you have to remember the ages, William probably won't be King until he's close to 60, we won't have a young monarch for a long time unless someone dies young and their child inherits.

Btvs fan

Scooby
No you don't but it's of no significance: the Church accepted divorce in 2002 so it isn't an issue. The role's primarily symbolic so Charles' age doesn't matter. I agree with @Btvs fan - they're an anachronism I could easily do without. I don't share your enthusiasm for Cilliam - I think they're creepy. Are you sure she isn't a robot?

Why bring Harry and Meghan into it?
Just imagine if a lot of them had died and Andrew had "inherited it" urgh this whole idea behind it of Royalty through birth. Its just wrong

Reason: Political
Last edited by a moderator:

TriBel

Scooby
The post by @Btvs fan made me think. Given the situation in NI, and the demands for Independence elsewhere (Scotland, Wales - even the North of England/Cornwall) there's absolutely no guarantee there'll be a (United) Kingdom for William.

Athena

The original one-eyed chicklet
Staff member
Black Thorn
Just imagine if a lot of them had died and Andrew had "inherited it" urgh this whole idea behind it of Royalty through birth. Its just wrong
It would take a lot of death for Andrew to inherit the throne.... the Queen, Charles, William plus all his children and Harry plus his child(ren).

This is the primary reason the royals don't travel together.

I definitely think William is more of a natural and modern fit for King than Charles, but I don't necessarily think Charles would do a bad job. He's been prepared for it since childhood, unlike Queen Elizabeth was.

Priceless

Scooby
I like William and am sure he'll make an okay king, but I also like Charles and would like to see him given his chance. He's quite 'green' in his outlook, has strong political and social views and I think will be more active in a political sense, than his mother. My favourite royal is actually Anne, but whole regiments of royalty would have to die to give her a chance (she's currently 15th in line)

Btvs fan

Scooby
It would take a lot of death for Andrew to inherit the throne.... the Queen, Charles, William plus all his children and Harry plus his child(ren).

This is the primary reason the royals don't travel together.

I definitely think William is more of a natural and modern fit for King than Charles, but I don't necessarily think Charles would do a bad job. He's been prepared for it since childhood, unlike Queen Elizabeth was.
I don't want any Royalty. Its so backwards, I feel like I'm in the 12th century rather than the 21st sometimes

Dogs of Winter

Potential
I'd get rid of the Monarchy once the Queen dies. Its an anarchism that has no place in the 21st century.
Plus I'm tired of having my tax money going towards them too
I could happily do without them, but they are only figureheads nowadays and if they are going to continue I wouldnt mind if it was Charles.
I like that he used to speak out on environmental and social issues at a time when other royals used to just smile for the camera.

And if we are going to keep the royals then we should keep the traditions that go with it like the line of succession, rather than just giving people who they want and making it into the X-Factor

Mr Trick

Scooby
@Btvs fan I'm with you. I'm anti-Royal. Think their a outdated institute that just bleed off public money which could be much better spent elsewhere. I think either there should be a vote on them to disband or at least for them to pay their own way.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I think will be more active in a political sense, than his mother.
I disagree. Whilst the royals probably do have their own political views, they have to be seen to be neutral so as not to ostracise sections of the British public. The royals are taxpayer funded (and they bring in tourism and act as representatives for Britain so they're not sponging off the state- a main reason why Harry and his wife were told they won't be receiving security and would have to pay for it themselves because they chose to leave Britain and their royal duties) and people wouldn't be happy if they were paying for someone whose political views treated their own views like dirt.

Priceless

Scooby
I disagree. Whilst the royals probably do have their own political views, they have to be seen to be neutral so as not to ostracise sections of the British public. The royals are taxpayer funded (and they bring in tourism and act as representatives for Britain so they're not sponging off the state- a main reason why Harry and his wife were told they won't be receiving security and would have to pay for it themselves because they chose to leave Britain and their royal duties) and people wouldn't be happy if they were paying for someone whose political views treated their own views like dirt.
I can't imagine King Charles (lol) treating anyone's political views like dirt, but I also can't imagine him keeping his mouth shut when he has something to say. He seems quite a private man, but he has been open about his 'green' beliefs in the past and I am sure that's something he'd want to push if he could. It helps that being green is in favour right now, so I think it would only help his popularity if he pushed on those issues and held the politicians feet to the fire.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I can't imagine King Charles (lol) treating anyone's political views like dirt, but I also can't imagine him keeping his mouth shut when he has something to say. He seems quite a private man, but he has been open about his 'green' beliefs in the past and I am sure that's something he'd want to push if he could. It helps that being green is in favour right now, so I think it would only help his popularity if he pushed on those issues and held the politicians feet to the fire.
I think it would be funny if Charles and Camilla got a King Charles spaniel as a pet. The Queen has her corgis, Charles could have some King Charles Spaniels. :p

I could definitely see Charles encouraging people to go green, but what I mean is he's not going to be the type of person to call people "earth murderers" just because they drive non-electric cars. He's not going to go out and join extinction rebellion.

Hunga Munga

Scooby
Charles went organic on the Duchy of Cornwall estate back in the 1980s . He really was at the forefront of conservation and responsible agriculture and all that sustainable good shit .

I see him as a decent 'conversion' monarch to oversee the 'greening' of UK society . Electric cars are just round the corner , coal is on the way out . Agriculture will have to change big time . It's all coming sooner rather than later .

He knows all the inandouts , better than William is ever going to . So I see him as a useful short term King for a specific purpose ... then get William in .

Top Bottom