• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Do you think Drusilla would have turned out any better had Angelus not...

Samuel Reyes

Chilling in SunnyD
...mindscrewed her first? We see that some vampires still hold onto a tiny shred of their humanity and aren't really as bad, such as Spike, likely because they were already good people when they were alive. Drusilla was definitely a good person before Angelus began his torture of her, so do you think if he'd just turned her right away, Dru would have been just as vicious as she ended up (minus the looniness), or not as bad as other vamps?

I think it's difficult to say because a person's vampire self is sometimes an opposite to their human self eg human Spike was a gentle person that wouldn't harm a fly whereas vampire Spike was always looking for the next fight because he enjoyed it.

I think Dru maybe would've been worse without the looniness because in the moment went she seemed sane she was quite vicious eg slicing Kendra's throat with her nails.

Interesting question. I think the insanity certainly gave her an edge that wouldn't have been there if she was sane (even if she was more evil). If anything, I wish she'd been more insane.

I always thought the story of what happened to her was really sad though, and I wish she'd had closure in the Buffyverse. She just kind of disappears and isn't mentioned again.

Samuel Reyes
Samuel Reyes
Then Season 10 of Angel and Faith turned her into a shell of her former self. Alas...
Top Bottom